"Wal-Mart right to say no"

Old February 13th 04, 05:36 AM
All4meUC

Default "Wal-Mart right to say no"

Now that I think about it..... I'm a very modest person, and have at times gone
to the restrooms to BF. I found myself sitting on the floor of the handicapped
stall. It wasn't pleasant! If for some insane reason wal-mart does require BF
mothers to use their restrooms the least they could do is provide chairs.

~Tracy
who has overcome the modesty thing, for the most part.
Old February 13th 04, 06:14 AM
Dawn Lawson

All4meUC wrote:

Now that I think about it..... I'm a very modest person, and have at times gone
to the restrooms to BF. I found myself sitting on the floor of the handicapped
stall. It wasn't pleasant! If for some insane reason wal-mart does require BF
mothers to use their restrooms the least they could do is provide chairs.

Ook. The LEAST they could do would be to CLEAN the restrooms :-P
Yukko.
I would NEVER EVER nurse in a WalMart bathroom. I would seek a fitting
room, or a pharmacy if I needed a chair and a bit of privacy (the
pharmacies, even those in grocers, often have lovely chairs with
backsupports)

Actually, I ususally dressed with NIP in mind, and would latch him on in
a quiet aisle, then adjust clothes et al, and carry on.

there was ONE time when I sought out the chairs in customer service,
where it was deserted and the only place I could find a seat, and was
less discreet than usual with latching, as there wasn't a soul around,
only to look up as DS settled in, and see a security camera straight in
front of me ;-)

I just waved. :-))

Dawn

Old February 13th 04, 01:29 PM
All4meUC

see a security camera straight in
front of me ;-)

I just waved. :-))

LOL, I can picture this in my mind!
I never thought about the pharmacy, they do have nice chairs. The wal-mart here
has benches outside their Layaway dept. but they are usually crowded by people
using the pay phones etc...
Old February 13th 04, 05:39 PM
iphigenia

Dawn Lawson wrote:
I would NEVER EVER nurse in a WalMart bathroom.

Hell, I only actually -use- the bathroom there if I were pretty desperate.

I would seek a
fitting room, or a pharmacy if I needed a chair and a bit of privacy
(the pharmacies, even those in grocers, often have lovely chairs with
backsupports)

I'm pretty sure that I've seen recliners at some WalMart pharmacies - demo
models of those chairs made for people who can't get out of them easily
anymore, like Ozzy.

--
tristyn
www.tristyn.net

Old February 13th 04, 06:11 PM
Nina

"iphigenia" wrote in message
Dawn Lawson wrote:
I would NEVER EVER nurse in a WalMart bathroom.

Hell, I only actually -use- the bathroom there if I were pretty

desperate.

I would seek a
fitting room, or a pharmacy if I needed a chair and a bit of

privacy
(the pharmacies, even those in grocers, often have lovely chairs

with
backsupports)

I'm pretty sure that I've seen recliners at some WalMart

pharmacies - demo
models of those chairs made for people who can't get out of them

easily
anymore, like Ozzy.

lol
I usually use the bench in the pharmacy, but have on occasion
used the recliner. I dont get any evil-eye reactions, mostly
benevolent smiles
from people.

Old February 13th 04, 07:25 PM
Phoebe & Allyson

Dawn Lawson wrote:

I would NEVER EVER nurse in a WalMart bathroom. I would seek a fitting
room, or a pharmacy if I needed a chair and a bit of privacy (the
pharmacies, even those in grocers, often have lovely chairs with
backsupports)

I've nursed in the fitting room (tired, distractible baby - the fitting room
ladies told me where I could find a more public bench when I explained why I
wanted to use the fitting room), on a bench in customer service, and in a sling
walking around. No one's ever even given me a funny look.

I try not the even change a baby in the bathroom - they're pretty unpleasant.

Phoebe

Old February 13th 04, 08:33 PM
zeldabee

Phoebe & Allyson wrote:
Dawn Lawson wrote:

I would NEVER EVER nurse in a WalMart bathroom. I would seek a fitting
room, or a pharmacy if I needed a chair and a bit of privacy (the
pharmacies, even those in grocers, often have lovely chairs with
backsupports)

I've nursed in the fitting room (tired, distractible baby - the fitting
room ladies told me where I could find a more public bench when I
explained why I wanted to use the fitting room), on a bench in customer
service, and in a sling walking around. No one's ever even given me a
funny look.

I've never had a funny look either. Co-workers, however, have recounted
stories of women they've seen N'ingIP, and have likened it to defacating
IP.

I try not the even change a baby in the bathroom - they're pretty
unpleasant.

Oh, I know! I once spread a bunch of newspapers on the floor of a bathroom
in a cafe when I was desparate for someplace to change Sprogly. There was
just nowhere else to go, but I hated it. Here in NYC there's often no
public bathroom at all, and when there is, there are rarely changing
facilities there.

--
z e l d a b e e @ p a n i x . c o m http://NewsReader.Com/
http://mysite.verizon.net/vze1vy2t/sprogly/
Old February 13th 04, 08:53 PM
Iuil

"iphigenia" wrote
Dawn Lawson wrote:
I would NEVER EVER nurse in a WalMart bathroom.

Hell, I only actually -use- the bathroom there if I were pretty desperate.

You know, I think the only bathroom I've bf in has been my own ...

Jean

Old February 13th 04, 10:05 PM
Nina

"zeldabee" wrote
Oh, I know! I once spread a bunch of newspapers on the floor of a

bathroom
in a cafe when I was desparate for someplace to change Sprogly.

There was
just nowhere else to go, but I hated it. Here in NYC there's often

no
public bathroom at all, and when there is, there are rarely changing
facilities there.

If I cant find a place to change the baby, I sit down and change the
baby on my lap,
better my pants get dirty than the baby. I always keep a changing pad
or receiving blanket for that purpose.

Old February 13th 04, 10:17 PM
Dawn Lawson

Iuil wrote:

"iphigenia" wrote

Dawn Lawson wrote:

I would NEVER EVER nurse in a WalMart bathroom.

Hell, I only actually -use- the bathroom there if I were pretty desperate.

You know, I think the only bathroom I've bf in has been my own ...

*g* I was gonna post that....

(and now that you say that, I don't know if I have bf in any other,
either....)

Dawn, recalling wondering what on EARTH I was gonna do if the doorbell
rang before DS would latch off.