choosing disposable diapers - which brand?

Old October 17th 05, 08:32 AM
Jenrose

Default choosing disposable diapers - which brand?

"JennP" wrote in message
. ..

"oregonchick" wrote in message
. ..
I am opting for disposable diapers. Does anyone have a preferred brand?

Nope. Whichever are on sale and I have a coupon for.

Price is not a huge issue, more concerned about blowouts and proper fit.

All babies are different, you just don't know until you experiment.

I want to get a "stockpile" of stuff, so I don't have to venture out for
awhile if I don't feel like it. I was thinking Costco, since I have to
go
there this weekend anyways. Is the Costco brand diaper good?

I wouldn't stockpile any diapers until your baby is in a solid size 2.
They
grow so fast that one day they will be fitting fine then the next it's
leak
city.

Heh. DD1 got caught with that syndrome when changing Shiny's diaper a day or
two ago... the size 2's which had fit fine... I hear this sudden, "EWW ew ew
ew ew EWWWWW!" from the bathroom...go in, and DD1 is looking with horror at
dd2, who has poo coming up the back, out the legholes, etc. etc.... I just
laughed and explained to dd1 that *she* had done the same thing.
Only sitting in a carseat at the time....

Jenrose

Old October 17th 05, 03:40 PM
oregonchick

OK. So I didn't stockpile. I just bought a 40 pack of Huggies newborn. If
those don't work, I'll try Pampers. It's so funny, I have this nesting
thing going on, and I want to stockpile EVERYTHING. Especially food. My
cupboards are bursting with more food than we've ever had!

Betsy

"oregonchick" wrote in message
. ..
I am opting for disposable diapers. Does anyone have a preferred brand?
Price is not a huge issue, more concerned about blowouts and proper fit.
However, if there is a more economical brand that works well, I'm all ears!
There's Pampers Swaddlers, and Huggies Supreme, and Huggies with Gigglastic
waistband???

I want to get a "stockpile" of stuff, so I don't have to venture out for
awhile if I don't feel like it. I was thinking Costco, since I have to go
there this weekend anyways. Is the Costco brand diaper good?

How long does a newborn typically stay in newborn diapers? I guess they
are for up to 11 lbs, so I understand it depends on how big they are when
born and how fast they grow. But I'm just concerned that if I buy a big
box of newborn size, she'll grow out of them before I use them all up.

Oh, and for price comparison... on amazon.com, I can get 192 Huggies,
size 1 w/gigglastic waistband (I can't believe they call them that) for
$29.99 and free shipping. Is this a good price?

Betsy

Old October 17th 05, 06:13 PM
Anonymama

Jenrose wrote:

"Anonymama" wrote in message

Huggies. Store brands give my kid a rash; Luvs smell weird.
--

Luvs smell *nasty* imo... perfumy garbage makes the pees smell like toddler
poo, even for a breastfed younger baby! Ick.

Yeah, Luvs actually make me gag (and not just when they have Barney on
them).

Store brand has been much less unpleasant, though her pees smell the least
bad in cloth, oddly enough.

We'll be doing cloth this time around, I think.
--
Sara
accompanied by TK, number two, due in April of 2006
Old October 26th 05, 10:21 PM
HLady

I was curious about this statement. I thought the amazon.com deal was
good compared to the prices at costco. Their Kirkland signature brand
box of 200 diapers was about $30, and seems at amazon you would get the
brand for the same price. Maybe prices vary at other Costcos. I am in
Seattle, WA

Old October 26th 05, 11:01 PM
Tori M

I have used the walmart brand for both Bonnie and Xavier.. I found they
worked great and cost 1/2 as much as the named brand. I would not recomend
buying too many though or you will have almost a whole package of diapers
sitting in your changing table to I used to figure 8 diapers per day for
a newborn... I changed at Bonnie at every feeding to check for wet diapers.
Xavier I changed less obsesively

Tori

Walgreens brand diapers luna Pregnancy 4 February 16th 05 08:17 AM
Wanted old disposable diapers for polymer research studies Absorbtek Pregnancy 0 July 3rd 04 08:47 PM
How are disposable diapers supposed to fit (confused cloth diapering Mom)? [email protected] General 7 May 4th 04 05:48 AM
Diapers: Disposable vs. Service Greg Hiscott General (moderated) 14 September 22nd 03 09:52 PM
disposable diapers Stephanie S General 24 July 14th 03 08:56 PM