she's here...

Old December 15th 05, 04:55 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

Default she's here...

And I'm just too tired to tell much of a story, except to say that Emily
arrived ON her due date, the 11th, weighing 7lbs 7oz. Delivered with help
from IV pain meds as well as an epidural. She came out with 2 pushes!

I'm exhausted. I have hemmorhoid thrombosis, which may require surgery, in
addition to a 2nd degree tear, which required a surgeon to stitch because of
such rough edges. Also had to have additional skin tags removed internally,
with more stitches. Couldn't pee for 3 days after delivery, so have been
hooked up to a foley catheter - yuck. Came home from the hospital weighing
a few lbs MORE than when I went in, due to pitting edema. My nipples are
already cracked and bleeding, and I've already caved and pumped and bottle
fed...

Tell me again why I was in such a hurry to have a baby?

Oh, shes gorgeous, and sleeps alot, and is one of the most wonderful things
to happen in my life. But not without a price!

Betsy

Old December 15th 05, 06:16 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

Congratulations!!!!!! And what a great name... hehe All those things will
pass sooner or later (hopefully sooner), but you'll still have your baby.
And good things always have a price, no?

Welcome home, Emily.

Em
mama to Micah, 11/14/04

Old December 15th 05, 06:33 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

"oregonchick" wrote in message
[...]

Congratulations - sorry you had such a horrible time - but at least you can
cuddle Emily and feel better about it all!!

Old December 15th 05, 06:54 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

So sorry that you have so many ouchies right now. I hope all the
ouchies get better quick. Dermoplast anesthetic spray can really help
with the pain from tearing. Congrats on your new dd.

KC

Old December 15th 05, 07:26 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

Congrats Betsy! Hugs and good sleep vibes coming your way...

--

Jamie
Earth Angels:

Guest
Password

Old December 15th 05, 09:03 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

congratulations betsy, stick with it!

Anne

Old December 15th 05, 09:34 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 20:55:23 -0800, "oregonchick"
wrote:

Oh, shes gorgeous, and sleeps alot, and is one of the most wonderful things
to happen in my life. But not without a price!

Welcome to the world, Emily :-)

Nan
Old December 15th 05, 11:41 AM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

Congratulations! I hope you recover quickly, sounds horrible. They are
worth it all, you just have to keep reminding yourself.

Jeni

Old December 15th 05, 12:07 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

"oregonchick" wrote in message
And I'm just too tired to tell much of a story, except to say that Emily
arrived ON her due date, the 11th, weighing 7lbs 7oz. Delivered with help
from IV pain meds as well as an epidural. She came out with 2 pushes!

Congratulations!
Debbie

Old December 15th 05, 01:04 PM posted to misc.kids.pregnancy

oregonchick wrote:
[...]

Congratulations and welcome Emily! Sorry you had such a rough time --
it *does* make it more difficult to enjoy the baby (or anything else)
when you're in pain. It *will* pass -- hang in there!

Bryna

She's Here!! Nan Pregnancy 44 December 2nd 04 03:50 AM
misc.kids FAQ on Breastfeeding Past the First Year [email protected] Info and FAQ's 0 November 28th 04 05:16 AM
misc.kids FAQ on Breastfeeding Past the First Year [email protected] Info and FAQ's 0 August 29th 04 05:28 AM
misc.kids FAQ on Breastfeeding Past the First Year [email protected] Info and FAQ's 0 June 28th 04 07:41 PM
can someone give me some advice? Krystle N Pregnancy 42 January 21st 04 03:38 PM