Alec Baldwin Gives Parenting Lessons

Old April 21st 07, 02:13 PM posted to alt.bitterness,misc.kids,alt.parenting.solutions,rec.arts.movies.current-films,rec.arts.tv
moviePig

Default Alec Baldwin Gives Parenting Lessons

On Apr 21, 8:57 am, trotsky wrote:
Tom Zielinski wrote:
"trotsky" wrote in message

Tom Zielinski wrote:

"Thumper" wrote in message

On 20 Apr 2007 09:08:17 -0700, Sean Walsh wrote:

But something tells me that with the latter, NBC is not going to be
very supportive of what sounds like a very abusive, not just
disciplinary, father.

We don't know all the story. His kid may viciously play games with
him.

I'm a divorced father of three, and I have a very bitter relationship
with my ex. (She's on her fourth husband.) I've felt great frustration
at times including towards my children during the fifteen years since the
day I came home from work to find my house empty of children and
possessions. That said, there is simply no excuse for the abusive
language Baldwin used towards his daughter.

Wow, in the old days parents used to beat their kids with willow switches,
or at least administer spankings. Nowadays strong language is enough for
condemnation.

Are you really defending Baldwin?

Here's my take: I don't defend what he said, I would never say something
like that to a kid in almost any circumstance. There are kids that are
complete beatoffs that deserve some amount of tongue lashing, but we
have no idea if this is the case here, nor do we *deserve* to know.
What we need to start doing is ascribing blame in order of importance:
the fact that Basinger would allow her kid to be humiliated publically
by "leaking" this tape is FAR worse than what Baldwin said, and the
disgusting, filthy pandering media publicizing it is far worse to. We
didn't need to hear this just like we didn't need to know what was in
the package that Cho sent NBC.

....and if there were *really* some journalistic principle that
dictated against NBC's potentially paternalistic withholding of the
Cho legacy, then they could easily have popped it onto some out-of-the-
way but freely available web link. (This suggestion from the
snowball's-chance-in-hell dept....)

--

- - - - - - - -
YOUR taste at work...

Old April 21st 07, 03:18 PM posted to alt.bitterness,misc.kids,alt.parenting.solutions,rec.arts.movies.current-films,rec.arts.tv
Tom Zielinski

"trotsky" wrote in message
Tom Zielinski wrote:

Are you really defending Baldwin?

Here's my take: I don't defend what he said, I would never say something
like that to a kid in almost any circumstance. There are kids that are
complete beatoffs that deserve some amount of tongue lashing, but we have
no idea if this is the case here, nor do we *deserve* to know. What we
need to start doing is ascribing blame in order of importance: the fact
that Basinger would allow her kid to be humiliated publically by "leaking"
this tape is FAR worse than what Baldwin said, and the disgusting, filthy
pandering media publicizing it is far worse to.

I absolutely agree. Doesn't change the fact that Baldwin said the words.

We didn't need to hear this just like we didn't need to know what was in
the package that Cho sent NBC.

I'm still pondering that. Perhaps it would have been best just to let the
FBI have the package. But I don't agree with those who say that covering
the shooting as a news story is wrong. Would it be better we not know?

Again, I UNDERSTAND the frustration, but
to take it out on a 12 YO with such abusive language? I don't know
anyone who has ever called their own daughter a pig. It's wrong and it's
indefensible, no matter what she did or didn't do. Adults should know
better.

That said, I just got the boxed set of "Not Just the Best of the Larry
Sanders Show", the best written and funniest show in television history.
It includes a recent interview with Baldwin. Highly recommended. (The
Baldwin interview aside.)

Don't worry, that's on my radar. I loved "The Larry Sanders Show" when it
was on, and there aren't a lot of shows I can say that about.

Best written and funniest comedy in the history of television. Rip Torn is
a national treasure. (As my good friend Paul used to say whenever we
discussed the show in the 1990's.)

Old April 21st 07, 04:32 PM posted to rec.arts.tv,alt.bitterness,misc.kids,alt.parenting.solutions,rec.arts.movies.current-films
auzerais v

Anyone who brings up politics in this matter
obviously already has a prediposition to hate
Baldwin and therefore can be ignored.

Oh I see, if this had been Bruce Willis instead of Baldwin, the left
wouldn't dream of bringing his politics into it? and if they did, they
should also be ignored?
yeah, right.

Old April 21st 07, 08:16 PM posted to misc.kids,alt.parenting.solutions,rec.arts.movies.current-films,rec.arts.tv
R. Steve Walz

Way Back Jack wrote:

On Fri, 20 Apr 2007 19:48:59 -0700, "R. Steve Walz"
wrote:

It's just not that big of a deal or that unusual among parents,
and trying to crucify him for it is the pot calling the kettle black.
Anyone with kids has said things like that.
Steve

This from the guy who has stated on many occasions that sexual
relations between consenting kids and adults do not harm the kids.

-------------------------
Only because they don't. Of course, you're too stupid and brainwashed
ever to be able to discern that properly.
Steve
Old April 21st 07, 08:40 PM posted to misc.kids,alt.parenting.solutions,rec.arts.movies.current-films,rec.arts.tv
Victor Velazquez

wrote:

It's just not that big of a deal or that unusual among parents,
and trying to crucify him for it is the pot calling the kettle black.
Anyone with kids has said things like that.

This from the guy who has stated on many occasions that sexual
relations between consenting kids and adults do not harm the kids.

Only because they don't. Of course, you're too stupid and brainwashed
ever to be able to discern that properly.

Whaaaaa? You can't possibly think that's true. How does a child consent to
something they know nothing about?

Old April 21st 07, 09:20 PM posted to alt.bitterness,misc.kids,alt.parenting.solutions,rec.arts.movies.current-films,rec.arts.tv
trotsky

Tom Zielinski wrote:

Are you really defending Baldwin?

Here's my take: I don't defend what he said, I would never say something
like that to a kid in almost any circumstance. There are kids that are
complete beatoffs that deserve some amount of tongue lashing, but we have
no idea if this is the case here, nor do we *deserve* to know. What we
need to start doing is ascribing blame in order of importance: the fact
that Basinger would allow her kid to be humiliated publically by "leaking"
this tape is FAR worse than what Baldwin said, and the disgusting, filthy
pandering media publicizing it is far worse to.

I absolutely agree. Doesn't change the fact that Baldwin said the words.

A far cry from having Basinger as a mother is my guess. Would you want
Baldwin to tell you how to raise your kids? It's his business, not ours.

We didn't need to hear this just like we didn't need to know what was in
the package that Cho sent NBC.

I'm still pondering that. Perhaps it would have been best just to let the
FBI have the package. But I don't agree with those who say that covering
the shooting as a news story is wrong. Would it be better we not know?

It would be better if it wasn't a media circus giving incentive to the
next guy to "go out in a blaze of glory." They are encouraging that
behavior--what's good about that?

Again, I UNDERSTAND the frustration, but

to take it out on a 12 YO with such abusive language? I don't know
anyone who has ever called their own daughter a pig. It's wrong and it's
indefensible, no matter what she did or didn't do. Adults should know
better.

That said, I just got the boxed set of "Not Just the Best of the Larry
Sanders Show", the best written and funniest show in television history.
It includes a recent interview with Baldwin. Highly recommended. (The
Baldwin interview aside.)

Don't worry, that's on my radar. I loved "The Larry Sanders Show" when it
was on, and there aren't a lot of shows I can say that about.

Best written and funniest comedy in the history of television. Rip Torn is
a national treasure. (As my good friend Paul used to say whenever we
discussed the show in the 1990's.)

My favorite Artie line: Larry invites him to a party and says "Be there
or be square." Artie says, "I can be both."

Old April 21st 07, 09:35 PM posted to misc.kids,alt.parenting.solutions
TLC Tugger

I heard the WHOLE thing, of which the pig part is near the end. I
think Baldwin is a little over the top, but basically in the right.
After food, shelter, and security, a parent's #1 job is to teach a
child what behavior the pack will accept. My kids are are damn near
perfect in every way, but I have on occassion had to let them know
when they were acting like jerks.

The MAIN problem with this Baldwin situation is that NO PARENT SHOULD
EVER BE ALLOWED TO RESIDE MORE THAN 10 MINUTES AWAY FROM THEIR KIDS.
Divorce is no excuse. Act like a grown-up and recognize that your
lives are forever bonded by the children you created. A judge should
only be allowed to grant an exception in the case of demonstrable
danger from a sociopathic parent, where there would be orders of
protection and other restraining orders.

-Ron

Old April 21st 07, 09:45 PM posted to alt.bitterness,misc.kids,alt.parenting.solutions,rec.arts.movies.current-films,rec.arts.tv
Tom Zielinski

"trotsky" wrote in message
Tom Zielinski wrote:

That said, I just got the boxed set of "Not Just the Best of the Larry
Sanders Show", the best written and funniest show in television history.
It includes a recent interview with Baldwin. Highly recommended. (The
Baldwin interview aside.)

Don't worry, that's on my radar. I loved "The Larry Sanders Show" when
it was on, and there aren't a lot of shows I can say that about.

Best written and funniest comedy in the history of television. Rip Torn
is a national treasure. (As my good friend Paul used to say whenever we
discussed the show in the 1990's.)

My favorite Artie line: Larry invites him to a party and says "Be there or
be square." Artie says, "I can be both."

Larry, sharing with Artie that he is upset that Alec Baldwin (a guest on the
talk show) slept with his ex-wife while they were separated: "You were
right Artie. It was a mistake booking him on the show. All I do is picture
him ****ing my wife. And she's always on top."

Artie: "Lazy *******."

I love that show.

Old April 22nd 07, 04:54 AM posted to rec.arts.tv,alt.bitterness,misc.kids,alt.parenting.solutions,rec.arts.movies.current-films
R. Steve Walz

auzerais v wrote:

Anyone who brings up politics in this matter
obviously already has a prediposition to hate
Baldwin and therefore can be ignored.

Oh I see, if this had been Bruce Willis instead of Baldwin, the left
wouldn't dream of bringing his politics into it? and if they did, they
should also be ignored?
yeah, right.

Difference is, honestly, Left politics are good, Right politics are
evidence of extreme evil, racism, sexism, antisexuality, greed, etc.
Steve

Sports and music lessons Irene General 35 September 17th 06 02:01 PM
riding lessons enigma General 10 May 1st 06 01:47 PM
Cost of Piano Lessons? dejablues General 3 April 14th 06 02:55 PM
Cost of Piano Lessons? Ericka Kammerer General 0 April 12th 06 02:11 PM
OT--how old for music lessons? Middletree Twins & Triplets 15 April 16th 04 06:28 AM