Boy Name Suggestions

Old September 29th 03, 05:38 PM
KD

Default Boy Name Suggestions

Hi. I'm pg with my third. We've settled on a girls name and are now
looking at boy names and are having trouble coming up with one that we
both like. Both dd and ds have italian sounding names, although they
aren't unusual here in the US and dh would like another italian name,
but I just don't like most of them (at least the ones he's come up
with).

He's been suggesting some names like Vincenzo and Salvatore and I
just hate those. He's *really* leaning toward Antonio but I've never
really liked the name Anthony or Tony. (Antonio is slightly better,
maybe because of Antonion Banderas?? lol)

Generally we don't like the real common names - we like things a
little bit unusual. Any suggestions or ideas? I need to find some
names that we both like.

Old September 29th 03, 05:48 PM
Circe

"KD" wrote in message
He's been suggesting some names like Vincenzo and Salvatore and I
just hate those. He's *really* leaning toward Antonio but I've never
really liked the name Anthony or Tony. (Antonio is slightly better,
maybe because of Antonion Banderas?? lol)

Generally we don't like the real common names - we like things a
little bit unusual. Any suggestions or ideas? I need to find some
names that we both like.

whips out baby names book, thumbs through Italian section

I can't like most Italian boy's names for some reason, but here are a couple
I think are relatively nice:

Alessandro
Armando
Arturo (I'm rather fond of Arthur, too)
Carlo
Emilio
Enzo (makes me think of Ferraris, which is not a bad association)
Gustavo (I grew up with a now world-famous pianist with this name)
Lorenzo (I prefer the more Germanic Lorenz, but Lorenzo ain't bad)
Matteo
Nicolo
Sergio

There are more in my book, but I think those are the nicest. Good luck!
--
Be well, Barbara
(Julian [6], Aurora [4], and Vernon's [18mo] mom)

"She rose her eyebrows at Toby" -- from "O' Artful Death", by Sarah Stewart
Taylor

Daddy: You're up with the chickens this morning.
Aurora: No, I'm up with my dolls!

Old September 29th 03, 06:34 PM
Fer

KD wrote:
|| Hi. I'm pg with my third. We've settled on a girls name and are now
|| looking at boy names and are having trouble coming up with one that
|| we both like. Both dd and ds have italian sounding names, although
|| they aren't unusual here in the US and dh would like another italian
|| name, but I just don't like most of them (at least the ones he's
|| come up with).

I went hunting for you and discovered that many 'italian' names are actually
italianized (is that a word? lol) names.
I have to admit I *love* the way italian names roll off the tongue.....

FWIW Here's my list:
Angelo
Armando
Benito
Celino
Claudio
Dante
Dino
Eligio
Ferderico
Francesco
Gaetano
Gavino
Giuseppe
Leandro
Lorenzo
Luciano
Manlio
Michangelo (He could be Mike or Angelo ;-)
Nazario
Nevio
Ottavino
Palmiro
Pasquale
Raniero
Renzo
Rocco
Santino
Savio
Sergio
Tiziano
Uberto
Vasco

~~~Cheers!~~~
Jenn-WAHM-DS11-DD6-TTC#3

Old September 29th 03, 06:35 PM
Circe

"Froggy" wrote in message
.. .
Vincent aka Vinny

But the Italian is Vicenzo, which she doesn't like. Vincent is English.

Old September 29th 03, 06:52 PM

We are Italian too and we have not conceived yet but have chosen names. How
about these names...... we can share!

Marius Anthony
Bella Sofia

Diana Esposito

Old September 29th 03, 06:56 PM
Sandi

"KD" wrote in message
Hi. I'm pg with my third. We've settled on a girls name and are now
looking at boy names and are having trouble coming up with one that we
both like. Both dd and ds have italian sounding names, although they
aren't unusual here in the US and dh would like another italian name,
but I just don't like most of them (at least the ones he's come up
with).

He's been suggesting some names like Vincenzo and Salvatore and I
just hate those. He's *really* leaning toward Antonio but I've never
really liked the name Anthony or Tony. (Antonio is slightly better,
maybe because of Antonion Banderas?? lol)

Generally we don't like the real common names - we like things a
little bit unusual. Any suggestions or ideas? I need to find some
names that we both like.

Good friends of ours named their son Gino.

--
Sandi
Mommy to Abby, 3

Old September 29th 03, 08:16 PM
Hillary Israeli

In F2_db.33720$O85.23295@pd7tw1no,
Fer wrote:

*Benito

shudder.
Really, do people still use this, or is it a statement like naming your
kid Adolf?

*Dante

Makes me wonder where Luigi is! (Dante and Luigi's is a famous
Philadelphia restaurant)

*Dino

Wiiiiiiiillllllmaaaaaaaaa!

*Leandro

Hey, that's kind of a nifty name.

Not that anyone asked

Old September 29th 03, 08:21 PM
KD

Hmmm -
Alessandro, Armando, Enzo aren't too bad. I'll need to roll them
around for a while - see any of them 'stick'.

I like Nicolo too and we almost named my first ds that.

Thanks!

Old September 29th 03, 08:28 PM
KD

Hmmm -
Armando isn't bad.
Dante I like but it makes me think of Dante's inferno - don't know if
that's good or bad.
Dino makes me think of a dinosaur - lol

Luciano, Raniero and Tiziano aren't bad.

Thanks!

On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 17:34:29 GMT, "Fer"
wrote:
[...]

Need suggestions: toys to bring on airplane for a 1-year-old dodo General 8 January 5th 04 04:47 PM
Anyone think I shouldn't name my daughter Hypatia Artemis? Other suggestions? andrea baker General (moderated) 29 January 2nd 04 01:08 PM
gift suggestions P. Tierney General 9 December 9th 03 05:12 AM
Tips/tricks for first time moms: Add your suggestions! JuliesSolo Pregnancy 34 September 19th 03 08:26 PM
Bra suggestions Larry McMahan Pregnancy 4 August 6th 03 05:08 PM