Venting a bit

Old January 21st 05, 08:40 PM
P.Fritz

Default Venting a bit

"'Kate" wrote in message

My younger daughter is 14. 14 year old girls are difficult.

No ****

She's
been text messaging me between class breaks from school about her
headache... she wants a dr.'s appointment. I called. Her doc isn't in
today. I left a message for the doc on call. She can't go to that doc
because that doc doesn't take our insurance. I msg'd my daughter to
go to the nurse's office. "I don't want to walk that far."

SOunds familiar :-)

Holy
crap. She writes, "Is there any way you can pick me up?" My reply,
"Not unless you see the nurse". She's had too many absences already
this year.

I get 16 child-free and class-free hours per week.

Including sleep time, right?

I'm tired and it's
only the first week of school. I already have two essays for next
week and I have to co-lead a class discussion. There's a meeting of
the family therapy student association tonight. Tonight's a gym
night. I need the workout to clear my head and be around people who
are not other students. I'm not giving up gym time for a student
meeting.

Meanwhile...while waiting on phone calls and text messages I've
purchased a few of the books I need for class and managed to borrow a
few from the campus library. They reconfigured the parking on campus
recently and managed to make very inconvenient parking even more
inconvenient.

We designers do that on purpose :-)

I don't have my essays written. I only have half of my assignment
schedule done.

That brings back memories of my days in college :-)

I want to go to sleep.

Yeah...right..........

I have no idea what the kids
are having for dinner tonight.

They are teens, they can manage.

Everything's a mess *again*

You mean it gets neat once in a while.......luck you ;-)

and I
don't want to spend time cleaning when I have assignments due this
coming week. If I drop a class today, it will cut my workload by half
this semester.... can you believe that?

Yup.

One teacher thinks he's hot
**** or something and has to assign four times the work of any other
teacher

Had one of those too.

(I have four classes again). He even said, "When I was in grad
school, we didn't have to write a research paper. I did all the work
to prepare it and got nothing from it.

You should have asked him why he went to a crap university :-)

But I want you to get
something from this so I'm assigning a research paper." ****head that
he is.... he has a PhD from a very good university and this is a
little podunk city university and only a master's program. shaking
her head What a jerk.

Yup.

Ah.. screw it. I'm taking a nap. I have an hour before the kids come
home... haven't been sleeping well.... maybe I won't even have that
much time. I offered to pick my daughter up at school. they can have
pizza...

Ever have one of those days?

All the time ;-)

'Kate

Old January 21st 05, 08:59 PM
Tiffany

"'Kate" wrote in message

My younger daughter is 14. 14 year old girls are difficult. She's
been text messaging me between class breaks from school about her
headache... she wants a dr.'s appointment. I called. Her doc isn't in
today. I left a message for the doc on call. She can't go to that doc
because that doc doesn't take our insurance. I msg'd my daughter to
go to the nurse's office. "I don't want to walk that far." Holy
crap. She writes, "Is there any way you can pick me up?" My reply,
"Not unless you see the nurse". She's had too many absences already
this year.

I get 16 child-free and class-free hours per week. I'm tired and it's
only the first week of school. I already have two essays for next
week and I have to co-lead a class discussion. There's a meeting of
the family therapy student association tonight. Tonight's a gym
night. I need the workout to clear my head and be around people who
are not other students. I'm not giving up gym time for a student
meeting.

Meanwhile...while waiting on phone calls and text messages I've
purchased a few of the books I need for class and managed to borrow a
few from the campus library. They reconfigured the parking on campus
recently and managed to make very inconvenient parking even more
inconvenient.

I don't have my essays written. I only have half of my assignment
schedule done. I want to go to sleep. I have no idea what the kids
are having for dinner tonight. Everything's a mess *again* and I
don't want to spend time cleaning when I have assignments due this
coming week. If I drop a class today, it will cut my workload by half
this semester.... can you believe that? One teacher thinks he's hot
**** or something and has to assign four times the work of any other
teacher (I have four classes again). He even said, "When I was in grad
school, we didn't have to write a research paper. I did all the work
to prepare it and got nothing from it. But I want you to get
something from this so I'm assigning a research paper." ****head that
he is.... he has a PhD from a very good university and this is a
little podunk city university and only a master's program. shaking
her head What a jerk.

Ah.. screw it. I'm taking a nap. I have an hour before the kids come
home... haven't been sleeping well.... maybe I won't even have that
much time. I offered to pick my daughter up at school. they can have
pizza...

Ever have one of those days?

'Kate

The kids can fend for themselves..... you take a nap. The kids can clean
too. You study, take naps, work out, ect. You do what you have to do and as
long as your house doesn't look like the local crap hole, don't sweat it.

Sending plenty of positive vibes to you.

Old January 21st 05, 09:38 PM

"'Kate" wrote in message

[...]

uhmmmmm EVERYDAY?
blah!
((((KATE)))))
I know it will get better.
"One way to stop a runaway horse is to bet on him."
Jeffrey Bernard.

Old January 22nd 05, 01:16 AM
CME

"'Kate" wrote in message

[...]

Yep, sounds like my whole term last year. No wonder I took the summer off.
lol Btw, we're having pizza tonight too, I just can't be bothered cooking
anything tonight. :P

Christine

Old January 22nd 05, 01:19 AM
CME

"'Kate" wrote in message
On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 21:38:19 GMT, "V" wrote:

uhmmmmm EVERYDAY?

LOL... yeah. My tolerance must be low. I think it was the text
messages all day. I told her never to do that again.

blah!
((((KATE)))))
I know it will get better.

Yeah.. it will. Or I'll get use to it. hehe.

'Kate

Damn needy kids. If my son had a cell phone, I'd have 100 texts I'm sure.
Sorry bucko but the world does not revolve around you. Yeah I think it's an
early bedtime for all of us tonight. lol

Christine

Old January 22nd 05, 03:32 PM

"'Kate" wrote in message
On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 15:40:25 -0500, "P.Fritz"
wrote:

"'Kate" wrote in message
.. .

Ever have one of those days?

All the time ;-)

sniffle that was a sweet reply. Thank you.
In 45 minutes, I'll be in the gym... headphones on, in my own little
world. I never got to lay down but that's single parenting forya.

I told the kids to eat leftovers or order pizza. Emergency pizza
check is on the fridge (don't tell anyone).

I'm giving myself the night off.

'Kate

LOL....Kate we have emergency Pizza fund too...hee hee and it was used last
night.

Old January 25th 05, 03:40 AM
Alex Nemeth

On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 20:16:32 GMT, 'Kate wrote:

My younger daughter is 14. 14 year old girls are difficult.

It's been awhile, I'm glad my daughter was an angel, my son on the
other hand :-)

She's
been text messaging me between class breaks from school about her
headache...

Hummmm....... Between class breaks ( yours or hers ? ) huh...txt
messaging during classes??? Take her cell phone away.

she wants a dr.'s appointment. I called. Her doc isn't in
today. I left a message for the doc on call. She can't go to that doc
because that doc doesn't take our insurance. I msg'd my daughter to
go to the nurse's office. "I don't want to walk that far." Holy
crap. She writes, "Is there any way you can pick me up?" My reply,
"Not unless you see the nurse". She's had too many absences already
this year.

Sounds like someone doesn't want to attend class any more.

I get 16 child-free and class-free hours per week. I'm tired and it's
only the first week of school. I already have two essays for next
week and I have to co-lead a class discussion. There's a meeting of
the family therapy student association tonight. Tonight's a gym
night. I need the workout to clear my head and be around people who
are not other students. I'm not giving up gym time for a student
meeting.

Nothing like a good work out to clear the stresses of daily
life......Hummmm.....I should follow that advice myself.

Meanwhile...while waiting on phone calls and text messages I've
purchased a few of the books I need for class and managed to borrow a
few from the campus library. They reconfigured the parking on campus
recently and managed to make very inconvenient parking even more
inconvenient.

At least ( hopefully ) you don't have to pay for parking!!

[...]

You call 8,000 students a "podunk university" !!

Ah.. screw it. I'm taking a nap.

Best advice I've heard you say today... Sleep tight

I have an hour before the kids come
home... haven't been sleeping well.... maybe I won't even have that
much time. I offered to pick my daughter up at school. they can have
pizza...

Ever have one of those days?

Yep!

chuckle Interesting enough a friend of mine, another single parent
and Grad student ( Who I've supported computer wise over the years )
, who just graduated in 2004 with a PhD in Human Development, was
telling me stories of a similar nature. I'd see her here working all
sorts of hours trying to get things written, tasks completed, and
still raise her daughter ( who's now a HS Senior ). Her favorite
expression was "Sleep...What's that? "

'Kate

Old January 25th 05, 05:32 AM
CME

"'Kate" wrote in message
On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 15:32:58 GMT, "V" wrote:

"'Kate" wrote in message
. ..
On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 15:40:25 -0500, "P.Fritz"
wrote:

"'Kate" wrote in message
.. .

Ever have one of those days?

All the time ;-)

sniffle that was a sweet reply. Thank you.
In 45 minutes, I'll be in the gym... headphones on, in my own little
world. I never got to lay down but that's single parenting forya.

I told the kids to eat leftovers or order pizza. Emergency pizza
check is on the fridge (don't tell anyone).

I'm giving myself the night off.

'Kate

LOL....Kate we have emergency Pizza fund too...hee hee and it was used
last
night.

Is it still ok to call it an emergency fund if I use it weekly? :-)

'Kate

LOL I was just thinking the same thing.

Christine

Old January 26th 05, 07:57 PM

"'Kate" wrote in message
news snip
I really need it too. The quit smoking weight gain ****ed me off. I
looked SO good before that. sigh Ah well.

I know....it will come off....I have started and stopped for the last
time....unless I am 99, then I am going to start back smoking everything but
my shoes...lol..kidding...

Old January 27th 05, 07:24 PM
CME

"'Kate" wrote in message
On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 19:57:39 GMT, "V" wrote:

"'Kate" wrote in message
news snip
I really need it too. The quit smoking weight gain ****ed me off. I
looked SO good before that. sigh Ah well.

I know....it will come off....I have started and stopped for the last
time....unless I am 99, then I am going to start back smoking everything
but
my shoes...lol..kidding...

OMG...so funny. I go to the gym with my BF and his mother, right? Her
mom (BF's grandmother) is 88, still smokes, and is in good heath.
Arrrgh. .

I'm glad we're staying quit. Our kids deserve to have us around to
torture them for many years to come.

'Kate

I remember you saying something about a new man in your life but he's
achieved the official boyfriend title? lol Whooooa where have I been?

Christine

just venting a bit Stormlady Pregnancy 4 August 16th 04 02:44 AM
Stupid doctor (venting) Zaz Pregnancy 11 July 6th 04 09:20 PM
3 month update and venting included (long) Karlee in Kansas Breastfeeding 10 December 2nd 03 12:27 PM
Venting about O/B (long) Auntie Bubbles Pregnancy 24 December 1st 03 05:34 PM
Single DAD in the Bay Area-- venting!!! [email protected] Single Parents 2 July 12th 03 08:41 PM