Morgan has a stuffy nose: Suggestions Please

Old May 6th 04, 04:28 PM
Coccinella

Default Morgan has a stuffy nose: Suggestions Please

The saline drops worked wonders for Alexandra's stuffy nose when we were in
the hospital. She was 2 days old then. We used them twice at home and they
work really well.
Hope she gets better soon.
Love

--
Nicky

Proud mamma to Alexandra (03/22/2004)

Old May 6th 04, 06:33 PM
hobbes

"Carol Ann" wrote in message

Just returned from CVS. Purchased Saline Drops and a new Aspirator

(smaller
one). Hope it works. She's asleep now. Will wait until she wakes up.

Tell me, do babies cry when you use the drops?

Yup. Mine always did. But it only lasts as long as the actual procedure
lasts--the squirting, the lying down for a minute or two to let the saline
do its thing, and the suctioning. They hate it, but as soon as you're done,
just nurse her, and all will be forgiven/forgotten.

I tended to avoid the process until just before nursing if I could. Stuffy
noses are only unbearable when they can't nurse. A humidifier in the room
she's sleeping in will help, too. And steam from a shower can also help.

--
Jodi
SAHM to Oliver (3 years, 2 months) & Arwen (12 months)

Old May 7th 04, 12:43 AM
Carol Ann

The saline drops worked wonders for Alexandra's stuffy nose when we were
in
the hospital. She was 2 days old then. We used them twice at home and they
work really well.
Hope she gets better soon.
Love

Do I keep her sitting up or slightly back when I put them in her nose?

By the way, I did use it (slightly back) and after I suctioned, a nice sized
piece came out and offered immediate relief.

It's time to do it again. I hate it!

~Carol Ann
Mom to Morgan born 3.24.04
http://tinyurl.com/299ot ---Pictures of Morgan

Old May 7th 04, 11:25 AM
Chookie

In article Kscmc.37364$kh4.1869741@attbi_s52,
"Carol Ann" wrote:

Morgan in 6 weeks old today. She has an extremely stuffy nose. I have a
sore throat.

What can I do to help her?

Warmth, rest, and plenty of fluids for both of you. Lots of hankies.

--
Chookie -- Sydney, Australia

"Life is like a cigarette -- smoke it to the butt." -- Harvie Krumpet
Old May 7th 04, 02:54 PM
Cathy Weeks

"Carol Ann" wrote in message news:Kscmc.37364$kh4.1869741@attbi_s52...
Morgan in 6 weeks old today. She has an extremely stuffy nose. I have a
sore throat.

What can I do to help her?

Lots of people have already responded with the suggestion of saline
drops, and I concurr. However, I would suggest a product called
"Pediamist". It's saline drops that when you do a puff, a pre-measured
amount comes out, in a mist, rather than a stream or as drops. You do
have to have the baby sitting up, though, or the puffer doesn't work
right.

It tickles the inside of the nose a bit, but seems less irritating,
and you know how much is going in. The only problem? It can be hard
to find.

Cathy Weeks.
Old May 7th 04, 03:02 PM
Maxixe

Don't worry about your being sick. The antibodies in your breastmilk
will help your infant.

Nurse upright
use the saline drops everyone is talking about
next suction what you can of the mucus from her nose

It is hard and frustrating for the baby to nurse when they are
congested. Keep trying though because it is the best way to protect
her from colds in the future.

Old May 10th 04, 04:04 PM
Liz S. Reynolds

Carol Ann wrote:
Morgan in 6 weeks old today. She has an extremely stuffy nose. I have a
sore throat.

What can I do to help her?

Margaret has had a cold the last few days. I put her in hour bouncy seat in
the bathroom while I had a hot shower, then I turned the water temp and
pressure down and took her in with me. I bathed her in my arms under the
shower, and washed her hair. The goop just came running out while I was
doing it. I rubbed down the sides of her nose to encourage it to come out,
then rinsed away.

I also did the saline/suction drill numerous times, but this gave me a
clean and amused baby instead of a really ticked off one

-Liz

Old May 13th 04, 07:49 AM
Carol Ann

Morgan in 6 weeks old today. She has an extremely stuffy nose. I have a
sore throat.

What can I do to help her?

Margaret has had a cold the last few days. I put her in hour bouncy seat

in
the bathroom while I had a hot shower, then I turned the water temp and
pressure down and took her in with me. I bathed her in my arms under the
shower, and washed her hair. The goop just came running out while I was
doing it. I rubbed down the sides of her nose to encourage it to come out,
then rinsed away.

I also did the saline/suction drill numerous times, but this gave me a
clean and amused baby instead of a really ticked off one

-Liz

Liz, tell me please, how old is your daughter?

~Carol Ann
Mom to Morgan born 3.24.04
http://tinyurl.com/299ot ---Pictures of Morgan

Wow, I'm Alive!! Morgan is Here! Carol Ann Pregnancy 38 April 11th 04 01:15 AM
Breastfeeding and picking your nose and eating it... Todd Gastaldo Pregnancy 5 March 29th 04 08:03 AM
Nose Bleeds KD Pregnancy 4 October 24th 03 04:39 AM
Weird Nose on 32 Week Sonogram? Zucca4 Pregnancy 5 October 4th 03 09:03 AM
Nose Bleed and seeing spots? Circe Pregnancy 9 August 29th 03 06:54 PM