still no heartbeat

Old May 10th 04, 08:47 PM
Stephanie

Default still no heartbeat

This is a follow up to a message posted @ 2 weeks ago. At 6.2 weeks i
had a transvaginal u/s and only saw the gest sac. My dr advised me to
come back in 1 week. At 7.3 weeks, now there is a gest sac and a yolk
sac, but no heartbeat. My gest sac has grown 2 mm in past week. Dr
says I am measuring at 5 weeks. I know exactly when I got pregnant
because of my careful planning and charting. I have to go back this
Friday for another u/s. I am so nervous and scared. Has anyone heard
anything about this? Most of my friends who had early trans u/s all
saw the heartbeat at 6-7 weeks. The dr says the sac is definitly not
empty, so it is not blighted ovum. I will be 8.3 weeks at my next u/s.
I find myself getting more and more worried and depressed! Any
thoughts or info anyone can share. I just found out last night that my
sister in law is pg with her first and she is only 2 wks behind me. I
just feel like I can't be happy or think about anything else.
Old May 10th 04, 09:14 PM
Dagny

"Stephanie" wrote in message
m...
[...]

I think a LOT of us can relate to what you are going through and have had
similar experiences. It's very isolating to feel like you are the only one
as all of your friends and relatives have perfect pregnancies and never
miscarry. That's how I felt when I was losing my first pregnancy, the one I
dreamed of since I was a little girl.

You are not alone. IF this is a no-go, losing a pregnancy early is not
rare, it is not weird, it does not mean you won't have the family of your
dreams. It does not mean you have to have a D&C, or any procedures at all,
usually.

That being said, it's not over yet. What you are describing is not typical
of a pregnancy that goes on to term; but it does not mean yours won't.

I know what it was like when I could not feel happy, though.

-- Dagny
Mom to Meg, 10/03
And to a couple of tiny, tiny ships passing through port

Old May 11th 04, 08:48 PM
Bóliath

Dagny wrote:
"Stephanie" wrote

[...]

Dagny your message is very sweet and very true!

Stephanie, many women have been through this, some have happy outcomes,
some do not. I wish you very very well and hope that you will see a
heartbeat at your next u/s. If you don't, know that there are those of
us who have walked that path and are here to listen and understand
whenevr you need.

Best of luck to you, fingers crossed!

Bo
a couple of tiny ships passed through here too

Old May 12th 04, 05:09 PM
Ilse Witch

On Mon, 10 May 2004 12:47:18 -0700, Stephanie wrote:

This is a follow up to a message posted @ 2 weeks ago. At 6.2 weeks i
had a transvaginal u/s and only saw the gest sac. My dr advised me to
come back in 1 week. At 7.3 weeks, now there is a gest sac and a yolk
sac, but no heartbeat. My gest sac has grown 2 mm in past week. Dr
says I am measuring at 5 weeks.

That is not a very good sign, but I am no expert. Did they tell you what
age they measured the first time? I don't think a growth of 2mm is
consistent with 1 week difference between the u/s. Sorry that I cannot be
more optimistic, I know what it feels like to be in your situation better
than I would like.

It is perfectly normal that at the moment you cannot feel happy for
others, or even care about them. It is extremely stressful and the
insecurity can sometimes be as bad as the pain when you know it is really
not meant to be. Take time for yourself. Don't let go of your hopes
just yet, and in case you do m/c, there are many women here to support you
through that.

--
-- I
mommy to DS (21m)

Old May 13th 04, 03:10 PM
Ilse Witch

On Thu, 13 May 2004 03:00:39 +0000, Richard wrote:

Also (again, fwiw. this is just a single data point, so doesn't mean much
by itself), our fetus measured:

6 weeks 2.3mm
7 weeks 7.4mm
8 weeks 16.7mm

Is there any chance your date calculation is off? That would explain
everything.

She refers to measurements of the gestational sac, not the foetus. I don't
know how much that grows in a week, but I'd think it should keep up more
or less with the foetal growth.

--
-- I
mommy to DS (21m)
mommy to two tiny angels (28 Oct 2003 & 17 Feb 2004)
guardian of DH (33)

ultrasound at 6 weeks, no heartbeat Stephanie Pregnancy 3 May 1st 04 05:42 AM
heartbeat on doppler at 10w Honey38ch Pregnancy 9 November 27th 03 06:23 PM
hearing the heartbeat LeAnn Pregnancy 9 September 26th 03 02:32 AM
No heartbeat visble on U/S at what we thought was 10 weeks? Tex Pregnancy 4 September 12th 03 02:44 PM
When can the heartbeat first be heard? Em Pregnancy 4 August 27th 03 03:58 PM