Staying tuned with your child

Old November 21st 03, 12:04 AM
ChrisScaife

Default Staying tuned with your child

As I have just started building a web-site to help parents stay tuned with
their kids. (Partcularly non resident parents) I was wondering if this sort
of pages are any use to readers of this forum Helpfull
suggestions and constructive criticism will be much appreciated.

www.MyKid2.org/YuGiOh01.html

Old November 21st 03, 03:06 PM
dejablues

You're about two years too late on the YuGiOh craze. Being closer to Japan,
didn't it hit you first?

Old November 21st 03, 07:06 PM
ChrisScaife

You're about two years too late on the YuGiOh craze. Being closer to

Japan,
didn't it hit you first?

It depends what your child is into I suppose.
Mine son never mentioned them last year. He lives in the UK, so perhaps they
are a bit behind.

Should one join in with your child and try to understand what it is all
about, or just shrug it off and say "oh well it will be something else next
term anyway.

What about the issues re. it being frightening and casing nightmares? What
about bullying to take cards from other children? There are lots of thing
for parents to
understand and they can't always watch the T.V. shows with their kids.

Perhaps I am really only doing it as a substitute for contact with my son...
Still searching for a constructive campaign.

Old November 21st 03, 09:12 PM
dejablues

It depends on the kid. I happen to have 3 kids who aren't scared of anything
and have never had a nightmare .I do tend to shrug off fads like YuGiOh
because having been a mom for over 14 years and been through several waves
of fads, I've spent too much money on junk that the kids tire of in several
months to take it all seriously. I was on the receiving end of a very nice
complete Pokemon sheet set with comforter and fleece blanket from a
co-worker whose son deemed it suddenly uncool ( we don't care, it covers the
bed just fine!)
In the US some Bible-belt people want to ban and forbid things like this
because they are "satanic" and promote gambling. Silly, IMO.