OT - Netscape and Killfiles

Old December 5th 03, 12:45 PM
LFortier

Default OT - Netscape and Killfiles

Is anyone else who uses Netscape 7.0 having problems with
some of the commands? Before I upgraded I had a healthy
killfile and could mark ignore any thread that I didn't want
to see. On this version of netscape, though, neither of
those work, making misc.kids a hard group to read right now
with all the crossposted crap going on.

Lesley

Old December 5th 03, 12:56 PM
Mary W.

LFortier wrote:

Is anyone else who uses Netscape 7.0 having problems with
some of the commands? Before I upgraded I had a healthy
killfile and could mark ignore any thread that I didn't want
to see. On this version of netscape, though, neither of
those work, making misc.kids a hard group to read right now
with all the crossposted crap going on.

I haven't been able to figure it out yet. Drives me crazy, which
is why I haven't upgraded on my desktop yet (laptop is running
7.0). Someday, I'm going to investigate other newsreaders....

Mary

Old December 5th 03, 04:42 PM
Daniel Ganek

LFortier wrote:
Is anyone else who uses Netscape 7.0 having problems with some of the
commands? Before I upgraded I had a healthy killfile and could mark
ignore any thread that I didn't want to see. On this version of
netscape, though, neither of those work, making misc.kids a hard group
to read right now with all the crossposted crap going on.

Lesley

I'm using Netscape 7.1 on RH7.3 and XP pro and have no problems.

To kill a thread - just use "k"

To add something to a killfile - Tools-Message Filter-New

/dan

Old December 5th 03, 08:45 PM
LFortier

Mary W. wrote:

LFortier wrote:

Is anyone else who uses Netscape 7.0 having problems with
some of the commands? Before I upgraded I had a healthy
killfile and could mark ignore any thread that I didn't want
to see. On this version of netscape, though, neither of
those work, making misc.kids a hard group to read right now
with all the crossposted crap going on.

I haven't been able to figure it out yet. Drives me crazy, which
is why I haven't upgraded on my desktop yet (laptop is running
7.0). Someday, I'm going to investigate other newsreaders....

Mary

Thanks. It's good to know I'm not nuts. I googled the
subject, and there are a lot of complaints out there. Since
Daniel says it works for him on 7.1, it might be worth the
aggrevation of an upgrade.

Lesley