portable crib, necessary?

Old April 27th 04, 05:19 PM
Sara

Default portable crib, necessary?

zolw wrote:

So, I was told that I need to buy a portable crib/playpen. I want to go
for pack'N Play by Grace, my friend thinks that BabyGo by Oshkosh is a
better idea (that's what she had). Which one is a better choice & any
better ideas than either one?

Also, if I have a crib & a bassinet, is it necessary?

Nope. (Neither is the crib or bassinet, by the way.)

--
Sara, accompanied by the baby barnacle
Old April 29th 04, 03:57 AM
Cheryl

On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 22:35:00 GMT, "Chotii"
wrote:

We use our Pack and Play to keep the Gwendobaby out of her sister's
choking-hazard-sized stuff. This is not to say she's always in it, but she's
in it *sometimes*, giving her sisters a chance to play with things they
don't usually get to play with lately. But I have never figured out how to
get a sleeping baby down into the bottom of a Pack and Play. My arms won't
reach unless I bend all the way in.

My sister wants someone to invent a little motorised machine that
raises the base of the cots up and when they feel a weight over say
9lb they automatically, as well as quietly and smoothly, go down to
their bottom setting. That doesn't help you get the baby out though.

--
Cheryl
Mum to Shrimp (11 Mar 99), Thud (4 Oct 00)
Old May 1st 04, 01:33 AM
Katie Jaques

"Chotii" wrote in message ...
"Sophie" wrote in message
Hi;

Well, I am finally getting some of my stuff That's why you might find
a lot of messages from me asking about stuff.

So, I was told that I need to buy a portable crib/playpen. I want to go
for pack'N Play by Grace, my friend thinks that BabyGo by Oshkosh is a
better idea (that's what she had). Which one is a better choice & any
better ideas than either one?

We only ever used ours (the Graco Pack and Play) when we traveled as a

crib
or if friends came over and they wanted a place to put their baby to nap.

We use our Pack and Play to keep the Gwendobaby out of her sister's
choking-hazard-sized stuff. This is not to say she's always in it, but she's
in it *sometimes*, giving her sisters a chance to play with things they
don't usually get to play with lately. But I have never figured out how to
get a sleeping baby down into the bottom of a Pack and Play. My arms won't
reach unless I bend all the way in.

--angela

Boy, do I relate to that G! I can never put Vernon down in his crib
if he is asleep because I can't reach in far enough to reach the
mattress, and I can't lower the side with one hand. (I know, I know,
it's supposed to work, but I never could do it G. Sometimes when I
have babysat, Barbara has remembered to lower the side before she
left.) So when I put him down I have to drop him the last inch or
two, which ALWAYS wakes him up.

Life is tough for us short people, isn't it G??

Grandma Katie
Mom to Barbara (Circe), Grandma to Sin, Misery, and the Rising Son
(and Grandma Katie to Emmaline, Alexandra, and Victoria, and
Gwendobaby too although I haven't seen her!)