So... Ultrasound was today!

Old May 9th 06, 12:00 AM posted to alt.support.single-parents

Default So... Ultrasound was today!

And everything looks good, I guess?
Heart rate is a good 146, EDD is now October 31st. I was told it's about
4oz (sound right?) and I'm 14w6d... Buuut... This 'pregnancy calendar' thing
(at ivillage) says that with my EDD changed to Oct. 31, I am actually 15w6d
(not sure how that works, but whatever)
Anyways... Said it was a bit early to determine gender, but at my routine
scan, in about 3ish weeks or so, gender will probably be easy to tell,
assuming this thing is cooperative! I don't want to know anyways. Not this
time
I'll have to walk in and say I don't want to know, otherwise, I have a
feeling I'll cave and find out.

Old May 14th 06, 03:52 AM posted to alt.support.single-parents

"'Kate" wrote in message
On Mon, 08 May 2006 23:00:55 GMT, "xkatx" the
following was posted in blue dry erase marker:

And everything looks good, I guess?
Heart rate is a good 146, EDD is now October 31st. I was told it's about
4oz (sound right?) and I'm 14w6d... Buuut... This 'pregnancy calendar'
thing
(at ivillage) says that with my EDD changed to Oct. 31, I am actually
15w6d
(not sure how that works, but whatever)
Anyways... Said it was a bit early to determine gender, but at my routine
scan, in about 3ish weeks or so, gender will probably be easy to tell,
assuming this thing is cooperative! I don't want to know anyways. Not
this
time
I'll have to walk in and say I don't want to know, otherwise, I have a
feeling I'll cave and find out.

I didn't want to know for my first. Back then, ultrasound was brand new
and the pictures were, "What the heck is that?" quality.

Yea, things seem to be more advanced now... The 3-d images (which, I must
add, I find to be more than downright creepy and scary) and all that...

The last two, I wanted to know. It's just easier that way and it didn't
take anything away from the moments after his/her arrival.

First and second I wanted to know. Also wanted to know with Amie, although
I already knew she was a girl long before anyone told me. Knew Bran was a
boy as well, and just had a feeling Zach was a boy as well.

Up to you, though. You're the mom.

Well, this time, I don't think I want to know... Have one of each, so
basically prepared either way. Still have B and A's baby clothes packed
away... So, it's either send Norm home to pull out the box of blues or the
box of pinks Norm said he doesn't care either way. Whatever I want,
he's fine with. I kind of think I'll just know before anyways, judging how
everything goes... Boys I have so much energy, I feel great, but I have had
problems being puke city day and night from start to end. Girl makes me
feel like crap, no energy, no nothing, but no puking either This time,
though, it's kind of mixed with how I feel... Very little energy, but I seem
to be feeling kind of sick, but only every now and then...

So the baby's due on Halloween? smile

No comment.

Hugs,
'Kate

Yes, Halloween... How lovely... This year, for a change, I can go dress up
as a hippo or an elephant... I said last year that it would be THE last year
of wearing some sort of witch costume... Guess that's how it will be anyways
for this next Halloween, if I like it or not! LOL

Old May 15th 06, 02:43 AM posted to alt.support.single-parents

"'Kate" wrote in message
On Sun, 14 May 2006 02:52:08 GMT, "xkatx" the following
was posted in blue dry erase marker:

Well, this time, I don't think I want to know... Have one of each, so
basically prepared either way. Still have B and A's baby clothes packed
away... So, it's either send Norm home to pull out the box of blues or the
box of pinks Norm said he doesn't care either way. Whatever I want,
he's fine with. I kind of think I'll just know before anyways, judging
how
everything goes... Boys I have so much energy, I feel great, but I have
had
problems being puke city day and night from start to end. Girl makes me
feel like crap, no energy, no nothing, but no puking either This time,
though, it's kind of mixed with how I feel... Very little energy, but I
seem
to be feeling kind of sick, but only every now and then...

TWins! Kidding. :-)

Ha. NO. lol
I'm just thinking either a boy or a little boy/girl? lol
I do think boy more than girl, actually... I kind of blame the actual lack
of energy and being so beat due to both B and A... and partly Norm, perhaps?
Up at 6am M-F to see Norm off to work (my choice, as he tries to leave me
sleeping but I seem to wake up anyways) and I need to be up before 7am
anyways, as I have to get Bran off to the school bus for 730... And Amie
normally sleeps in until about 830-9 or so, so really, there's very little
point in going back to sleep from about 6am until 645 - although I do tend
to crawl back in bed after the school bus... ...and wake up whenever I
hear A banging on my bedroom wall from her room with her definite,
"MAMAMAMAMAMAMA" every morning Other than that, days are long with no
time to really have any kind of nap, which I'm sure is why I feel so beat
all the time. I also threw up once when pg with A... I've had quite a few
spells so far of feeling sick... I remember boys make me sick, but I also
could be remembering a little different than it happened - and it might not
have happened as I remember, but I think it did. Oh well, I still kinda
sorta don't want to know! lol

Yes, Halloween... How lovely... This year, for a change, I can go dress
up
as a hippo or an elephant... I said last year that it would be THE last
year
of wearing some sort of witch costume... Guess that's how it will be
anyways
for this next Halloween, if I like it or not! LOL

LOL! You have an excuse for being "pumpkinlike". Plan out the kid's
costumes as early as you can and get that man of yours use to the idea
that you are NOT going to go out trick or treating on Halloween

Oh yes, I think I will stay home and pace the house rather than being out
and about. Norm can do that job this year, as we normally did it
together... I assume, since Halloween falls on a Tuesday, I believe, that
I'll take the kids to my mom's work during the day, meet Norm's mom on the
street in the morning (as she drives a school bus and drives right down our
road - hoping maybe this will be the same next school year) and stop at my
dad's work and do our 'family' visiting rounds while Norm is at work... Just
to get it all over and done with. Then, come evening, I'll sit around and
hand out candy, maybe snack on some myself, and Norm can take the kids
out... They don't last long anyways, so whatever I probably just won't
feel like doing much of anything at that point, I'm sure!

You could always dress up like a "Pregnant Man". :-)

'K

Eeew... lol THAT would definitely be a change from the usual, boring witch
costume that's still hanging up in the basement Goodwill should have
some nice, large sized men's clothing items