Bill for Banning Amalgam Reintroduced

Old September 1st 06, 07:41 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,sci.med.dentistry,sci.med,misc.kids.health,misc.headlines
C.J. Thomas

Default Bill for Banning Amalgam Reintroduced

I would be willing to read a good peer-reviewed article discussing the
specific amount of mercury released in the average filling by someone who
has TMD and/or chews gum. Also, we would need to break down the specific
TMJ disorders...I need to read something, besides a post, that states the
amount "released." Do any scientific articles exist? I look forward to
seeing some references from the anti-amalgamists on this board.

"jill999999" wrote in message
oups.com...

Robert wrote:
"C.J. Thomas" wrote in message
Jan,

I also have a question for you. When are we going to see all the
research
demonstrating the negative side-effects of amalgam fillings on actual

people
who have had fillings in their mouths for the past 40-50 years? How
long
does it take for toxicity to present itself? Surely, people are going
start dropping like flies.

I took several chemisrty classes at U.C. Berkeley and biochem. in med
school. Last time I looked at the periodic table of the elements,there
was only one mercury. Why do people act like we need seperate studies
on hg from amalgam,fish,latex paint ,pesticides,contact lens
soln.,vaccines etc.?It's all the same hg.The only issue is dose and if
you have several fillings,especially the non gamma 2 type,you have
toxic levels, especially if you have TMJ and/or chew gum. Was the lead
that was used in paint different from lead in gasoline?

The same question applies to fluoridation.

Robert

Old September 1st 06, 08:31 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,sci.med.dentistry,sci.med,misc.kids.health,misc.headlines
Max C.

Jan Drew wrote:
http://www.talkinternational.com

Bill for Banning Amalgam Reintroduced
A bill for banning amalgam dental fillings has been (re)introduced to the
house by Congresswoman Diane Watson. The bill is HR 4011.
Congresswoman Watson's staff has encouraged us to get behind the bill and
has asked the International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology to have
its members contact their local representatives.

We also strongly encourage the public to also do so. Please let them hear
your voice!

The problem I see with this is that there were a lot of dentists in
decades past that honestly didn't know there was anything wrong with
amalgam fillings. I recall having a discussion with my dentist years
ago about it and he assured me that they were totally safe. Years
later I brought up that topic again and he said (not remembering that
we had once talked about it) that he no longer uses amalgams because
their safety is questionable and he wanted to err on the side of
caution.

If it could be proven that a dentist has been using amalgams knowing
full well that they are unsafe, those dentists should be forced to
replace the fillings. I don't' feel that's the case for dentists who
had no idea. There was no intent to deceive, and so no reason for them
to suffer such a huge loss.

Just my opinion.
Max.

Old September 1st 06, 09:45 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,sci.med.dentistry,sci.med,misc.kids.health,misc.headlines
Mark Probert

jill999999 wrote:
Robert wrote:
"C.J. Thomas" wrote in message
Jan,

I also have a question for you. When are we going to see all the research
demonstrating the negative side-effects of amalgam fillings on actual

people
who have had fillings in their mouths for the past 40-50 years? How long
does it take for toxicity to present itself? Surely, people are going to
start dropping like flies.

I took several chemisrty classes at U.C. Berkeley and biochem. in med
school. Last time I looked at the periodic table of the elements,there
was only one mercury. Why do people act like we need seperate studies
on hg from amalgam,fish,latex paint ,pesticides,contact lens
soln.,vaccines etc.?It's all the same hg.

First you claim that you to chemistry class at UC Berkley and then
biochem in med school, and, then you show that you have no understanding
of either chemistry or biochemistry.

The only issue is dose and if
you have several fillings,especially the non gamma 2 type,you have
toxic levels, especially if you have TMJ and/or chew gum. Was the lead
that was used in paint different from lead in gasoline?

Actually, yes.

Old September 1st 06, 09:47 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,sci.med.dentistry,sci.med,misc.kids.health,misc.headlines
Mark Probert

jill999999 wrote:
C.J. Thomas wrote:
Jan,

I also have a question for you. When are we going to see all the research
demonstrating the negative side-effects of amalgam fillings on actual people
who have had fillings in their mouths for the past 40-50 years? How long
does it take for toxicity to present itself? Surely, people are going to
start dropping like flies.

How many people with symtoms such as low body temperature(indicative of
thyroid malfunction),chronic encephalitis, depression,low white blood
cells(immunodeficiency),dizziness(hg displaces o2 on
hemoglobin),fatigue,twitches,-poor memory would think their symtoms are
caused by their fillings?

I am truly impressed with your medical knowledge. It astounds me.

Did I forget to mention that hg cases the
brain damage associated with alzheimers disease.

You are in line for the next Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine.
Old September 1st 06, 09:49 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,sci.med.dentistry,sci.med,misc.kids.health,misc.headlines
vernon

C.J. Thomas wrote:
Jan,

I also have a question for you. When are we going to see all the
research
demonstrating the negative side-effects of amalgam fillings on actual
people
who have had fillings in their mouths for the past 40-50 years? How long
does it take for toxicity to present itself? Surely, people are going to
start dropping like flies.

How many people with symtoms such as low body temperature(indicative of
thyroid malfunction),chronic encephalitis, depression,low white blood
cells(immunodeficiency),dizziness(hg displaces o2 on
hemoglobin),fatigue,twitches,-poor memory would think their symtoms are
caused by their fillings? Did I forget to mention that hg cases the
brain damage associated with alzheimers disease.

One of a group of causes for SOME people.
As I have stated before, it is enough that if it were new on the market, it
would be banned, sort of like leaded paint.

Old September 1st 06, 09:49 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,sci.med.dentistry,sci.med,misc.kids.health,misc.headlines
vernon

"C.J. Thomas" wrote in message
but you have no proof that it does actually cause this...it is very
speculative.

Top posters never see logic.

Old September 1st 06, 09:52 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,sci.med.dentistry,sci.med,misc.kids.health,misc.headlines
Mark Probert

jill999999 wrote:
David Wright wrote:
In article ,
Mark Probert wrote:
Peter Bowditch wrote:

http://www.talkinternational.com

Bill for Banning Amalgam Reintroduced
A bill for banning amalgam dental fillings has been (re)introduced to the
house by Congresswoman Diane Watson. The bill is HR 4011.
Congresswoman Watson's staff has encouraged us to get behind the bill and
has asked the International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology to have
its members contact their local representatives.

We also strongly encourage the public to also do so. Please let them hear
your voice!
Excellent news for dentists. If amalgams are banned there will be tens
of billions of dollars going into dentists' pockets.
Good point. I understand that the alternatives to amalgams take longer
to use, and, do not last as long.

That's not quite true -- gold lasts longer. But it's a lot more
expensive.

Best solution: brush at least twice per day, use fluoridated
toothpaste, and floss. Dental sealants for the kids are also a good
idea. The cheapest filling is the one you never get. Too bad Gohde
wasn't able to follow this natural practice.

Gold should not cost more. The amount of gold in a medium sized filling
should only cost about $20.Also,hg cuuses periodontal prolems,lasts a
shorter time ,fractures teeth and poisons you.A tooth that is drilled
too often is will die sooner,leading to expensive root
canals,crown,implants etc.In Uganda and other African nations zero
percent of 21 yr olds have cavities.

How many of them have teeth? I know that a scientific type like you
would have no problems whatsoever finding scientific studies proving all
those claims.

There's no evidence that fluoride
prevents cavities.

Sure there is.

There is however,evidence that it causes bone and
tooth fractures, and increased incidence or bone cancer.

I know that a scientific type like you would have no problems whatsoever
finding scientific studies proving all those claims.

Toothpaste
coats your teeth and prevents natural remineralisation by saliva.

I see, so saliva contains calcium, etc. I know that a scientific type
like you would have no problems whatsoever finding scientific studies
proving that claim.

Try
chewing sugarless gum with xtlitol after meals instead of brushing with
toothpaste. -- David Wright :: alphabeta at prodigy.net
"If you can't say something nice, then sit next to me."
-- Alice Roosevelt Longworth

Old September 1st 06, 09:55 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,sci.med.dentistry,sci.med,misc.kids.health,misc.headlines
Mark Probert

jill999999 wrote:
In the long run,gold-platinum fillings are less expensive since they
last so much longer and don't fracture your teeth.. I know people with
gold fillings that are 25 yrs old and don't leak. Mercury expands and
contracts. This is why it's used in thermometers.

Did you know that gold also expands and contracts?

This causes teeth to
fracture.

If expanding and contracting cause fractures in teeth, then gold inlays
should also cause fractures.

When a tooth fractures,the dentist sells you a crown .25% of
teeth die (then root canaled) the day they're filed down for a crown.If
the tooth doesnt die that day ,it probably will in ten yrs.The more you
replace fillings the more damage to the nerve(trauma from drilling)
.This eventually leads to root canals, extractions,implants as well as
TMJ problems from constant shifting of your bite from all the dental
work.As far as composites ,if they are "indirect"(made in a lab),they
last longer than amalgam.Also, when I attended a top tier law school

Was that after taking chemistry at UC Berkley and before medical school?
Or, did you go to law school after medical school during your residency
in Scatology?

,I
learned that patients had a right to informed consent.Most people don't
know that "silver" fillings are 50% hg and that their tooth fractures
,which most people have , are caused by hg.

Mark Probert wrote:
Peter Bowditch wrote:

http://www.talkinternational.com

Bill for Banning Amalgam Reintroduced
A bill for banning amalgam dental fillings has been (re)introduced to the
house by Congresswoman Diane Watson. The bill is HR 4011.
Congresswoman Watson's staff has encouraged us to get behind the bill and
has asked the International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology to have
its members contact their local representatives.

We also strongly encourage the public to also do so. Please let them hear
your voice!

Excellent news for dentists. If amalgams are banned there will be tens
of billions of dollars going into dentists' pockets.

Good point. I understand that the alternatives to amalgams take longer
to use, and, do not last as long. Using a simple business model,
patients and insurance companies will have to come up with more money to
pay for non-amalgam restorations.

This bill could be rightly called the Dentist Full Employment Act.

Old September 1st 06, 09:56 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,sci.med.dentistry,sci.med,misc.kids.health,misc.headlines
Jan Drew

"Peter Bowditch" wrote:
"Jan Drew" wrote:

"Alexander Vasserman DDS" wrote in message
groups.com...
This bill is a waste of time and money.

No, the bill is not a waste of time. In fact mercury amalgams should have
never been
used.

They never have been used. A "mercury amalgam" would be a liquid at
body temperature and would slosh out of a tooth when the toothholder
moved his or her head. You have been told this before, so why do you
keep repeating the idiotic use of the meaningless term "mercury
amalgam"?

235 listings with the words *mercury amalgam* on Medline.

Why do you keep lying?

The first dentists to use them were call QUACKS.

Why, oh why do you keep repeating this lie when you have been given
comprehensive evidence that the word "quack" was in use hundreds of
years before amalgam was used to fill teeth?

I did not repeat any lie.

The first dentists to use them were call QUACKS.

snip repeated insanity

Restored:

No, the bill is not a waste of time. In fact mercury amalgams should have
never been
used. The first dentists to use them were call QUACKS. Then came the LYING
ADA and
*organized medcine* seeing a way to make $$$$. NOT caring what the risks
were.

FACT: The ADA got caught LYING--saying amalgams did not leak. Then they
made up
a new LIE saying the low levels were not dangerous. Studies have shown that
to be a
BLATANT LIE.

Adverse health effects have been documented. They were and are denied,

The general public has no idea what is going in their mouth, they have been
DISHONESTLY
taught to trust dentists--like YOU. Who care nothing about people--just
their EGO.

There has never been ONE single study porving them to be safe. FACT: They
are NOT.

The price of Amalgam is going
up by 30% so it is going to swing more dentists to use composite.

That should not be the reason for the so-called swing.

People are searching and suffering--NEEDLESS. All because of these LIES.

--
Peter Bowditch

snip repeated insanity

Old September 1st 06, 09:57 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,sci.med.dentistry,sci.med,misc.kids.health,misc.headlines
Mark Probert

jill999999 wrote:
There will probably be millions of dollars going into the pockets of
victims of mercury poisoning such as myself.

Those are pretty large pockets.

If you cause a car
accident,you have to pay damages.

True. I guess you learned that in law school.

Dentists cant argue that they don't
know hg is toxic anymore than they can say they don't know that lead
and plutonium are toxic.Also,countless studies show the level of hg
exposure is way above EPA,WHO,USPS max. exposure levels.

Sure dentists can claim that.