swimsuit ordeal

Old June 23rd 08, 04:07 PM posted to misc.kids
Rosalie B.

Default swimsuit ordeal

"Sue" wrote:

"enigma" wrote in message
i guess it's really good i don't have a girl. i don't allow
pink in my house (except kitten noses). i'm also very grateful
i was born before the onslaught of pink & lavender for girl's
clothes. any "girl clothes" i own now are black, but the majority of
my wardrobe is schwag t-shirts from Linux conventions & black
jeans. life is simple here

I really don't understand why pink is so evil. I love pastel colors, they
make life more brighter. I try very hard to wear colors in my clothing.

I just think it is silly to have bats and balls and bikes and guitars
have to be pink.

I don't like pastel colors. I think that what one wears probably has
a lot to do with ones coloring, and I look good in more saturated
colors, except that orange and brown and some shades of yellow are NOT
attractive on me. That's why I don't like those colors on my walls -
they don't make me feel or look good.

I have one child who is a pastel person, and her children also like
pastels. My sister is more on the brown and tan end for her colors.

Black can be nice, but I am trying to wear more colors because black is very
boring and definitely not appealing.

I don't think black clothing is either boring or not appealing.

My youngest daughter's room is a really
pale pink, I love it. She doesn't love it so much anymore, but she did pick
it out less than two years ago. She wants something more bold now.

With kids, you give them a certain amount of leeway, but you have to
think about the future. My son wanted his room to be red and black.
We didn't do that, but we did give him some primary colors.

I think it's ridiculous to not allow certain colors, especially in a child.
Good lord, that is just asking for control issues. I have two girly girls, I
don't see the big deal in it. Then, I have one tom-boy. No biggie, they are
all different people who like different things. I am not going to impose
what I think should be right or wrong.

Sue (mom to three girls)

Colors also have emotional significance to some people. If purple
things make you feel sick because the color is associated in your mind
with something very unpleasant, why should anyone care if you ban it
from your life (including from your children's things) as much as
possible? I don't think this is asking for control issues more than
anything else that you do as a parent.

swimsuit ordeal Rosalie B. General 0 June 21st 08 03:47 PM
swimsuit ordeal Rosalie B. General 0 June 21st 08 02:02 PM
swimsuit ordeal MarieD[_2_] General 34 June 17th 08 01:49 AM
James Watson's Ordeal & The Left Control Of Discourse. Don Stockbauer Solutions 1 October 27th 07 12:00 PM
Raising your teen doesn't have to be an ordeal [email protected] Solutions 0 March 30th 07 02:36 PM