Screaming? Is she teething?

Old December 21st 03, 06:07 AM
Ali's Daddie

Default Screaming? Is she teething?

This isn't x-posted, but it is posted in more than 1 group.

Alegra has recently started this random screaming. Like she has been dropped
from a 2 story building lol. Sometimes, she will be playing and be fine, and
then just scream (crying) Sometimes, in the middle of the night, she does
this, and then goes right back to sleep (once we snuggle closer to her or
some other form of comfort)

We try rubbing her gums, or her belly, but it doesn't seem to have any
effect or make her calm down any faster.

I know it's most likely normal, but it is heartbreaking to see her get so
upset and seemingly be in pain, with nothing I can do to make it better.

She isn't drooling anymore than usual. On the rare occasion that she spits
up, it is more of a mucus thickness and color than just formula. Rubbing her
gums don't seem to bother her... or make things better. She isn't chewing on
anything more than usual. Very rarely does she have anything remotely
resembling a fever. Maybe a degree if that lol. She doesn't tug at her ears
or seem to be in pain anywhere.

Could she just be going through a phase that I haven't read about or knew to
expect?

Also, let me add that when there is something she wants, instead of crying,
she grunts and reaches, so it isn't the same as wanting to be held or
wanting a certain toy she cannot reach.

The pediatrician says not to worry. But other than that offered no advice
(it wasn't our normal ped. it was an on-call phone ped) She sees her
Pediatrician on Wednesday for her second dose flu shot so we will be asking
her then. Since the screaming/terrors pass pretty quickly, we really don't
get to concerned. For the most part she is very happy and loves to
experience new toys and other things.

Any ideas/advice?

TIA

A funny about her experiencing new things. She has not started crawling yet,
but instead rolls wherever she wants to be.

She loves our Xmas tree, and sneaks over to it as often as she can when she
is on the floor in the living room (Never unattended btw lol). She will be
completely across the room, look at me, then look at Jarrod, giggle, and
roll over as many times as it takes for her to be able to touch the tips of
her fingers on the branches lol. She doesn't try to grab or anything, just
touches the ends of the branches. But it is quite funny. Maybe this is her
first experience in making jokes or being mischievous? lol

--
LES!

To send me an email, please remove Your Hat
YourHatDaddie @ bonbon.net

Old December 21st 03, 03:36 PM
Sue

Night terrors come to mind in the evenings. But, I was going to say if it is
just random screaming and no crying, then I would say she has discovered her
voice. But, if no signs of sickness, then I really don't know what to say.
Sorry, good luck though.
--
Sue (mom to three girls)

Old December 22nd 03, 07:45 PM
grace

I would mention it to the pediatrician on Wednesday. My now 9 year old
still can manage to get double ear infections without any symptoms other
than her ears hurt. I would have the doctor at least check.

Grace

teething Marie General 2 December 30th 03 02:24 AM
Screaming toddler Circe General 23 October 17th 03 06:26 PM
Screaming in the night (similar to crying in the night post) Sue General 1 August 4th 03 08:53 PM
how do i know if he's teething?? lynn General 0 July 11th 03 06:28 PM