Babies and emergency room docs

Old April 7th 05, 11:07 PM
Todd Gastaldo

Default Babies and emergency room docs

BABIES AND EMERGENCY ROOM DOCS...

CAM is generally accepted to mean "unproven."

Babies are being subjected in hospitals to gruesome CAM spinal manipulation.

Emergency room physicians could stop bizarre (MD-performed) CAM spinal
manipulation in hospitals...

PREGNANT WOMEN: See THE SOLUTION below.

Emergency room physician Carlos A. Camargo, Jr., MD (Kim et al.^^^) writes:

"Given the growing evidence of benefits and hazards from popular
CAM...therapies [e.g. chiropractic], [emergency department/ED] staff should
consider raising this health issue with their patients."
[Acad Emerg Med. 2005 Apr;12(4):377-80. PubMed abstract]

^^^Kim S, Hohrmann JL, Clark S, Munoz KN, Braun JE, Doshi A, Radeos MS,
Camargo CA Jr.

OPEN LETTER (archived for global access at http://groups.google.com)

Carlos A. Camargo, Jr., MD
Massachusetts General Hospital
326 Cambridge Street
Suite 410, Boston, MA 02114

Carlos,

I suspect by your mention hazards of chiropractic that you are alluding to
hazards of spinal manipulation.

Emergency department/ED staffs may not be aware that CAM spinal manipulation
injuries happen FAR more frequently in hospitals.

Hospital-based CAM spinal manipulators (MD-obstetricians) are closing birth
canals up to 30%, keeping birth canals closed the "extra" up to 30% when
babies get stuck - and pulling with hands forceps and vacuum extractors.

Sometimes hospital-based CAM practitioners (MD-obstetricians) pull so hard
they rip spinal nerves out of tiny spinal cords.

Some babies die - some babies get paralyzed - most "only" suffer gruesome
spinal manipulation.

ALL spinal manipulation is gruesome with the birth canal senselessly closed
the "extra" up to 30%. (Remember: OBs are KEEPING birth canals closed the
"extra" up to 30% when babies get stuck - as they pull with hands, forceps
and vacuums.. See OB Lie #4 below.)

Emergency department/ED staffs may not be aware that hospital-based CAM
practitioners (MD-obstetricians) are slicing vaginas/abdomens en masse
(episiotomy/c-section) - surgically/fraudulently inferring they are
doing/have done everything possible to open birth canals even as they CLOSE
birth canals the "extra" up to 30%.

Emergency department/ED staffs should immediately stop hospital-based CAM
practitioners (MD-obstetricians) from closing birth canals the "extra" up to
30%.

It's an emergency.

Sincerely,

Todd

Dr. Gastaldo

PS1 I suspect hospital-based CAM practitioners (MD-obstetricians) are
committing child abuse - so I have been reporting it...

See Women can sue: UCLA OBs slicing vaginas illegally: It's sexual
assault
http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group...t/message/3404

PS2 THE FOUR OB LIES

OB LIE #1. After MASSIVE change in the AP pelvic outlet diameter was
clinically demonstrated in 1911 and radiographically demonstrated in 1957,
the authors of Williams Obstetrics began erroneously claiming that pelvic
diamaters DON'T CHANGE at delivery.

OB LIE #2. After Ohlsen pointed out in 1973 that pelvic diameters DO
change - the authors of Williams Obstetrics began erroneously claiming that
their most frequent delivery position - dorsal - widens the outlet.

OB LIE #3. After I pointed out in 1992 that dorsal CLOSES - and so does
semisitting - the authors of Williams Obstetrics - put the correct
biomechanics in their 1993 edition - but kept in their text (in the same
paragraph!) - the dorsal widens bald lie that first called my attention to
their text...

OB LIE #4. OBs are actually KEEPING birth canals closed when babies get
stuck - and claiming they are doing everything to allow the birth canal open
maximally. (ACOG Shoulder Dystocia video - also forceps and vacuum births
are performed with the mother in lithotomy.)

See Make birth better: Dan Rather, before you leave CBS...

I noted some of the OB lies in an Open Letter to the FTC years ago...
http://home1.gte.net/gastaldo/*part2ftc.html

RELEVANT AMA PRINCIPLES OF MEDICAL ETHICS....

"[AMA physician[s] shall...strive to expose those physicians...who engage in
fraud or deception."

"[AMA p]hysician[s] shall...seek changes in those requirements which are
contrary to the best interests of the patient."

"[AMA p]hysician[s] shall...make relevant information available to patients,
colleagues, and the public..."
http://www.psych.org/psych_pra*ct/et...ions53101*.cfm

AMA physicians are ignoring their own stated ethics - babies be damned.

EMERGENCY.

PREGNANT WOMEN: By using semisitting and dorsal delivery, OBs are closing
birth canals up to 30%. Also, when babies get stuck, OBs KEEP women
semisitting and dorsal - they KEEP the birth canal closed the "extra" up to
30% as they pull with hands, forceps and vacuums.

THE SOLUTION: To allow your birth canal to OPEN the "extra" up to 30%,
simply roll onto your side as you push your baby out - BUT BEWARE - some OBs
will let pregnant women "try" alternative delivery positions - but will roll
them back to semisitting/dorsal - close their birth canals the "extra" up to
30% for the actual delivery. Talk to your OB.

This Open Letter to Carlos A. Camargo, Jr., MD will be archived for global
access in the Google usenet archive. Search http://groups.google.com for
"Babies and emergency room docs"

Old April 8th 05, 02:09 AM
Viking Goddess

Here's another alternative:

"Ladies, go back to trusting your bodies and realizing that your bodies
know how to give birth, without the care of any 'professional'. The
only way you will be safe is to avoid the modern medical establishment
and learn to care for yourselves." Judie C. Rall
http://www.unhinderedliving.com/dangerous.html

Judie has a great online childbirth class. Very helpful. You can have
a birth at home on your own. I know I did it with out a Doc and with
out a Med-wife:
http://www.chinesetherapeutics.org/moirasbirth.html
And the baby still hasn't needed at Doctor in this whole year. All
hail the mighty wise woman doctors!

Old April 8th 05, 02:54 AM
David Wright

In article .com,
Viking Goddess wrote:
Here's another alternative:

"Ladies, go back to trusting your bodies and realizing that your bodies
know how to give birth, without the care of any 'professional'. The
only way you will be safe is to avoid the modern medical establishment
and learn to care for yourselves." Judie C. Rall
http://www.unhinderedliving.com/dangerous.html

Right, go back to those halcyon days of a few centuries ago, when
medical intervention was unneeded, and nobody ever died in childbirth.

Har har har. This would be funny if it weren't so dangerous.

-- David Wright :: alphabeta at prodigy.net
"His staff loves to say Bush is a man who doesn't know the
meaning of the word 'quit.' Well, apparently he's not all
that conversant with the word 'shame' either." (Will Durst)

Old April 8th 05, 03:03 AM
Todd Gastaldo

BIRTH POSITION AND ATTORNEYS

See below.

Cory "Viking Goddess" wrote in message
oups.com...
Here's another alternative:

"Ladies, go back to trusting your bodies and realizing that your bodies
know how to give birth, without the care of any 'professional'. The
only way you will be safe is to avoid the modern medical establishment
and learn to care for yourselves." Judie C. Rall
http://www.unhinderedliving.com/dangerous.html

Judie has a great online childbirth class. Very helpful. You can have
a birth at home on your own. I know I did it with out a Doc and with
out a Med-wife:
http://www.chinesetherapeutics.org/moirasbirth.html
And the baby still hasn't needed at Doctor in this whole year. All
hail the mighty wise woman doctors!

From the Judie C. Rall article:

"Almost half (49.5%) of claims against ob-gyns are dropped by plaintiffs'
attorneys, dismissed or settled without payment..."
http://www.unhinderedliving.com/dangerous.html

Semisitting and dorsal delivery close the birth canal up to 30%.

To my knowledge, no birth trauma attorney has yet told a jury that OBs are
closing birth canals up to 30% and keeping birth canals closed the "extra"
up to 30%.

Most malpractice lawsuits are "unintentional torts"...

"Intentional torts" are rare.

I think "intentional torts" (for battery) will become more common as women
discover that battery occurs routinely in medical birth.

See Women can sue: UCLA OBs slicing vaginas illegally: It's sexual
assault
http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group...t/message/3404

Women shouldn't have to ask for the "extra" up to 30% in the birth canal for
their babies...

Women don't KNOW to ask.

Women shouldn't have to sue.

DAs and attorney generals ("the People") should proactively protect the
tiniest People using the criminal justice system.

Todd

PS Judie C. Rall writes:

"I...do not suggest you labor or birth in any position which depresses the
tailbone, which can obstruct the birth passage. Squatting pulls the
tailbone out of the way. Even the semi-reclining position causes some
obstruction for some people."
http://www.unhinderedliving.com/positions.html

Copied to Judie C. Rall via

Judie,

You say, "Squatting pulls the tailbone out of the way..."

Squatting (and side-lying and other "alternative" delivery positions) allow
the sacrum to move out of the way - the uterus and abdominal musculature use
the baby as an entering wedge to push the sacrum out of the way.

Also, the semi-reclining position causes just as much obstruction as dorsal
lithotomy - up to 30% - with more force because the mother is putting more
weight on her sacrum

Todd

This post will be archived for global access in the Google usenet archive.
http://groups.google.com for

Old April 8th 05, 10:11 AM
Donna Metler

"Viking Goddess" wrote in message
oups.com...
Here's another alternative:

"Ladies, go back to trusting your bodies and realizing that your bodies
know how to give birth, without the care of any 'professional'. The
only way you will be safe is to avoid the modern medical establishment
and learn to care for yourselves." Judie C. Rall
http://www.unhinderedliving.com/dangerous.html

Judie has a great online childbirth class. Very helpful. You can have
a birth at home on your own. I know I did it with out a Doc and with
out a Med-wife:
http://www.chinesetherapeutics.org/moirasbirth.html
And the baby still hasn't needed at Doctor in this whole year. All
hail the mighty wise woman doctors!

And, as someone who almost died due to my first pregnancy, I find this idea
absolutely terrifying. While many, maybe even most, women have bodies which
can handle pregnancy, others of us are the ones who wouldn't have survived
during pioneer days. This may be good genetics-culling the herd, after all,
but it's not something I want to risk.

Old April 8th 05, 01:28 PM
Viking Goddess

Women and babies still die in child birth... in hospitals. We have
better nutrition nowadays, which is critical for safe birth whether at
home or in a hospital.

Old April 8th 05, 01:43 PM
Viking Goddess

What was your experience, like did you have a bleeding problem or a
problem w/ you cervix not opening, etc? Were you in the hospital?
Just curious, because there are natural ways to work around various
problems.

One problem with going to the hospital for birth is that is so counter
to our animal instincts... to just go to a quiet private place to do
this bodily function. Going to the hospital can create a lot of
anxiety, which inhibits the process and make more pain.

Old April 8th 05, 02:46 PM
Anne Rogers

What was your experience, like did you have a bleeding problem or a
problem w/ you cervix not opening, etc? Were you in the hospital?
Just curious, because there are natural ways to work around various
problems.

One problem with going to the hospital for birth is that is so counter
to our animal instincts... to just go to a quiet private place to do
this bodily function. Going to the hospital can create a lot of
anxiety, which inhibits the process and make more pain.

I'm going to answer for Donna, in case she doesn't, she really did nearly
die, her baby did die, she had HELLP syndrome at 22 weeks, only by going to
the hospital and seeking help did she save her own life.

(Donna, sorry for jumping in, but I've never seen this poster before and I
don't want her bothering you)

Anne

Old April 8th 05, 03:09 PM
Cuddlefish

"Viking Goddess" wrote in message
oups.com...
Women and babies still die in child birth... in hospitals. We have
better nutrition nowadays, which is critical for safe birth whether at
home or in a hospital.

Yes, true, true. However, you can't instantly suggest a cause and effect
link there [the hospital *caused* the death], since you couldn't determine
if the death would have occurred/been prevented outside the hospital.

My mother and I would have died without the hospital attention. There is
little doubt that if my mother had not have received the emergency c-section
to deliver me, it would have lead to some pretty tragic outcomes. Her
nutrition was fine, and I was a very healthy baby [after my week in the
humidicrib].

--
Jacqueline
#1 Due late Jul/early Aug

Old April 8th 05, 03:33 PM
Amy

Viking Goddess wrote:
Women and babies still die in child birth... in hospitals. We have
better nutrition nowadays, which is critical for safe birth whether

at
home or in a hospital.

That's right. As everyone knows, the solution to hemmoraging is a good
sandwich.

Amy