A conversation with an anti-vaccination liar

Old August 4th 05, 01:23 AM

Peter Bowditch wrote:
"Peer review" does NOT even equal "scientific".
It's just good practice, is all. Not
necessarily related to the scientific method.
Alternative practitioners and skeptics
can be equally scientific or even more so than
"peer review" practitioners.

As you obviously have no idea of the relationship between "science"
and "peer review" any further discussion is pointless.

This point, though also drivel, is worth commenting
upon since many people share this misconception.

Because modern scientists uses peer review a lot,
many people believe this is the essense of "science".

However, this is a misunderstanding. The scientific
method does not actually contain a "peer review" step.
The method primarily consists of observing, formulating
hyoptheses to explain observation, and conducting
experiments to refine/reject/accept the hypotheses.

The "peer review" is simply a process by which
many journals decide what to publish. The idea
is that if a person is working in field X, other
people who have studied field X are the best
suited to comment upon that person's work.

Thus an article in a history journal may be
peer reviewed, without forcing history to
be called some kind of science.

The sources of confusion between "peer review" and
"science" is simple: During the last century or so,
science has become lucrative, thus attracting those who
have little interest in or understanding of
the scientific thought. Since their aim has been
to be SEEN as "successful" in science (rather
than BEING successful in science), they focus
primarily on how to get throgh the "peer review"
process and get their names in the limelight.

Thus in their minds, the "peer review" process
becomes equated with "science". In a natural
trickle down process, many idiots then pick
up this misunderstanding.

Old August 4th 05, 01:41 AM
cathyb

Peter Bowditch wrote:
"Peer review" does NOT even equal "scientific".
It's just good practice, is all. Not
necessarily related to the scientific method.
Alternative practitioners and skeptics
can be equally scientific or even more so than
"peer review" practitioners.

As you obviously have no idea of the relationship between "science"
and "peer review" any further discussion is pointless.

This point, though also drivel, is worth commenting
upon since many people share this misconception.

Because modern scientists uses peer review a lot,
many people believe this is the essense of "science".

No, they don't, which is why Peter used the phrase 'the relationship
between "science" and "peer review"'

However, this is a misunderstanding. The scientific
method does not actually contain a "peer review" step.
The method primarily consists of observing, formulating
hyoptheses to explain observation, and conducting
experiments to refine/reject/accept the hypotheses.

The "peer review" is simply a process by which
many journals decide what to publish. The idea
is that if a person is working in field X, other
people who have studied field X are the best
suited to comment upon that person's work.

Thus an article in a history journal may be
peer reviewed, without forcing history to
be called some kind of science.

The sources of confusion between "peer review" and
"science" is simple:

There is no confusion.

During the last century or so,

science has become lucrative, thus attracting those who
have little interest in or understanding of
the scientific thought.

That's right; thick, greedy people who don't understand science can
easily get scientific and medical degrees, and then move on to
post-doctoral research (so lucrative...).

Since their aim has been
to be SEEN as "successful" in science (rather
than BEING successful in science), they focus
primarily on how to get throgh the "peer review"
process and get their names in the limelight.

Unfortunately, in order to be seen as successful, you must be
successful. Crappy work does often make it through the peer review
process, only to be discredited later or ignored. It's not perfect,
just the best method we have of excluding crap.

Which is why you can be justly suspicious of alt-practitioners who
avoid it. If their results are good and their methods sound, they have
no reason to do so.

Thus in their minds, the "peer review" process
becomes equated with "science". In a natural
trickle down process, many idiots then pick
up this misunderstanding.

Apparently, that would just be you.

Old August 4th 05, 02:00 AM
Ilena Rose

On 3 Aug 2005 17:41:00 -0700, "cathyb"
wrote:

That's right; thick, greedy people who don't understand science can
easily get scientific and medical degrees,

Apparently that's what King Quack Barrett has done ... his lies about
the deaths after vaccinations make anyone with a conscience wonder why
you and your teammates repeat his lies.

I've never lied about vaccinations ... but I have raised awareness to
their potential risks ... while being insulted and called a "Liar" ...
it is Barrett & your Team who is lying and the numbers clearly prove
it.

This Quack Campaign is disgusting ... and Barrett's lies about the
known deaths should be a crime.
Old August 4th 05, 02:17 AM
Ilena Rose

Thanks so much for your link ... I was horrified to read of all the
deaths and injuries ... next to Barrett's obscene lies ...

No wonder they fight us so hard ...

On Wed, 3 Aug 2005 22:34:44 +0000 (UTC), "john"
wrote:

"Peter Bowditch" wrote in message
.. .

Sadly, the children killed by the actions of John Scudamore and Dawn
Winkler don't have a chance to "get a life".

These are just some of the thousands killed by vaccines
http://www.whale.to/vaccines/deaths.html then we have the hundreds of
thousands over the years given nasty diseases like autism

and, for example, measles vaccine has never saved one life that you can
prove as measles deaths had declined by 99.4% before vaccination, yes 99.4%.
Yet the MMR vaccine KILLS all the time.

Old August 4th 05, 05:27 AM
john

"Ilena Rose" wrote in message

Thanks so much for your link ... I was horrified to read of all the
deaths and injuries ... next to Barrett's obscene lies ...

No wonder they fight us so hard ...

It is lie heaped upon lie in an industry run by Satanists. Without
vaccination they would lose billions in revenue in treating the vast
industry of vaccine disease http://www.whale.to/a/vax_dis.html

This is otitis media http://www.whale.to/vaccine/otitis.html just one
vaccine disease worth millions, then add in all the asthma medication etc.

At the top they know vaccines don't work and kill people, plus earn them all
their money. I think this doc even talks about that
http://www.whale.to/vaccines/autismOne2005.ppt.pdf

If they know that then morons like Bow**** are to be expected. he probably
believes that ****, but they have no trouble brainwashing people like him,
if they can make Manchurian robots like Sue Ford
http://www.whale.to/b/taylor.html then Bow****s are two a penny

"They (The Council) also were very condescending to those individuals who
didn't eat properly or exercise. They take immaculate care of their bodies
as far as health goes. They are fit and trim and they use natural medicines.
The American Medical Association is fashioned to prescribe drugs and perform
various treatments that although they may be unsuspecting, tend to weed out
the weaker species. The Council views the AMA's 'modern medicine' as
barbaric. Their plans are to have mind-enhanced health associates, like some
of the USC medical and dental graduates, who provide the new health care for
the Elite, after the takeover. Precision surgery with laser technology
will make the so-called "modern methods" of surgery obsolete. Miracle
medicines and herbs (God's pharmacy) will keep the body healthy. An
understanding of the way the electro-molecular energy field around the body
operates will allow the healthy body to be kept in perfect alignment
creating perpetual perfect health or it can be brought back into alignment
easily with the use of high-tech field variation equipment. This will be the
modern medicine of the future and upcoming doctors will be trained in these
methods in order to further the evolution of the Elite. The Elite plan to
enjoy total and complete health due to their technology in electromagnetic
fields. They also have antibodies against the diseases they let loose and
make sure they are protected. Of course all of these findings came about by
research and experiments on unsuspecting groups of people."-Brice Taylor
(Thanks For The Memories p 283)

Old August 4th 05, 05:31 AM

wrote:

That's right; thick, greedy people who don't understand science can
easily get scientific and medical degrees,

Apparently that's what King Quack Barrett has done ... his lies about
the deaths after vaccinations make anyone with a conscience wonder why
you and your teammates repeat his lies.

snip

And apparently your learned self is STILL too thick to get a degree.
You know, I had an easy dozen people over the age of 40 in my medical
school class, and I trained alongside a 60 year old lady in residency.

What's your excuse, Ilena? Are you lazy or just plain stupid?

Mark, MD

Old August 4th 05, 05:42 AM
Ilena Rose

How can Barrett/Quackwatch get away with such downright easy to prove
wrong lies ? ?

I've seen it for years ... but learning more about their dangerous
propaganda and tactics ... makes me more determined to shine the light
on their deception.

Thanks so much for the links ... I'm sorry for the way you are treated
here ...

Old August 4th 05, 05:43 AM
cathyb

john wrote:
"Ilena Rose" wrote in message

[...]

Whaleto and satanists. Most convincing

Old August 4th 05, 07:53 AM
Peter Bowditch

Peter Bowditch wrote:

I have never denied that vaccines (or anything else) are completely
harmless.

Before everyone climbs all over me, what I really meant was "claimed"
not "denied".

Anti-vaccination liars are, of course, free to quote my mistake until
the end of time or all children are dead, whichever comes first.

--
Peter Bowditch aa #2243
Australian Skeptics http://www.skeptics.com.au
To email me use my first name only at ratbags.com
Old August 4th 05, 07:54 AM
JohnDoe

john wrote:

"Ilena Rose" wrote in message

[...]

Could you please explain to me how I become a member of 'The Elite'? It
sounds like I better become one quick or I'm gonna be in big trouble.