Finger biting in teething 10-mos old

Old December 13th 03, 01:28 AM
Julie

Default Finger biting in teething 10-mos old

We've been trying to wean our 10-mos. old boy off the pacifier by not
putting him to bed with it. He's teething up a storm these days and has
gotten into the habit of chewing on the nails on his index fingers: not the
bottom of the fingernail at the fingertip, but the TOP of the nail near the
knuckle. We just realized he has chewed right through to the nail bed on one
finger and there's a hole (I'm not kidding) in the nail near the top, and
one side of the nail has detached and I assume the whole thing will fall off
at some point. Every time I see him with his finger in his mouth now I offer
him the pacifier but he seems to prefer the finger. What can I do? My
husband says he'll grow out of it but frankly he's about as big an expert as
I am so what does he know? I'm planning on calling the pediatrician on
Monday but in the meantime, should I try mitts?

Thanks.

Finger Foods-Am I being paranoid? [email protected] General 8 April 30th 04 07:08 AM
3 year-old biting finger nails D&K Condron General 4 March 12th 04 05:14 PM
Little boy biting Kereru General 2 August 25th 03 04:20 AM
lead testing H Schinske General (moderated) 7 July 24th 03 11:25 PM
how do i know if he's teething?? lynn General 0 July 11th 03 06:28 PM