I think he's weaning :(

Old February 4th 07, 04:29 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
FlowerGirl

Default I think he's weaning :(

DS (~2.5 y) didn't bf at all yesterday
He's gone from 2-3 feeds a day in December, to dropping all but the bed time
feed, to not even wanting that.
I'm telling myself that child-lead weaning is a wonderful thing .... but I'm
sad that my baby doesn't want his "milky" anymore.
I imagine he may feed on and off for a little while, but the end is nigh.
I shall miss our special bf cuddles.

Amanda

Old February 4th 07, 05:25 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Larissa In Aus

On Sun, 04 Feb 2007 04:29:36 +0000, FlowerGirl wrote:

DS (~2.5 y) didn't bf at all yesterday
He's gone from 2-3 feeds a day in December, to dropping all but the bed time
feed, to not even wanting that.
I'm telling myself that child-lead weaning is a wonderful thing .... but I'm
sad that my baby doesn't want his "milky" anymore.
I imagine he may feed on and off for a little while, but the end is nigh.
I shall miss our special bf cuddles.

Amanda

It is sad Amanda, but at least he is leading the way and is choosing to
stop himself.

I was quite sad when DD2 (my third and last child) decided to wean at
26months. Still it was her decision, she was ready to be a big girl.

Larissa

Old February 4th 07, 06:32 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
xkatx

"FlowerGirl" wrote in message
DS (~2.5 y) didn't bf at all yesterday
He's gone from 2-3 feeds a day in December, to dropping all but the bed
time
feed, to not even wanting that.
I'm telling myself that child-lead weaning is a wonderful thing .... but
I'm
sad that my baby doesn't want his "milky" anymore.
I imagine he may feed on and off for a little while, but the end is nigh.
I shall miss our special bf cuddles.

Amanda

I had an EXTREMELY hard time when DS weaned at around 18 months. He just
didn't want to anymore and just weaned.
I was a bit upset that he "quit" without giving me a chance to wean, but
hey, that's the way it goes!
It can be a sad and hard time, and for those who don't know, it's hard to
understand.

Old February 5th 07, 03:39 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
FlowerGirl

"Larissa In Aus" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 04 Feb 2007 04:29:36 +0000, FlowerGirl wrote:

DS (~2.5 y) didn't bf at all yesterday
He's gone from 2-3 feeds a day in December, to dropping all but the bed

time
feed, to not even wanting that.
I'm telling myself that child-lead weaning is a wonderful thing .... but

I'm
sad that my baby doesn't want his "milky" anymore.
I imagine he may feed on and off for a little while, but the end is

nigh.
I shall miss our special bf cuddles.

Amanda

It is sad Amanda, but at least he is leading the way and is choosing to
stop himself.

I know I know you're right (sob)

I was quite sad when DD2 (my third and last child) decided to wean at
26months. Still it was her decision, she was ready to be a big girl.

I shall miss it ... but having said that, he bf from "side sides" (ie both
sides) last night. I hope this weaning is a gradual thing....

Thanks for the kind words
Amanda

Old February 5th 07, 03:41 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
FlowerGirl

"xkatx" wrote in message

[...]

I think that's why I posted here - I knew you guys would understand.
My family have always supported breastfeeding, but they all seem so happy
that he's weaning (and I really am happy he's growing up) but they can't see
that I'm also sad at the same time.
But as I said to Larissa - he bf really well last night so I'm hoping its a
gradual thing this time as opposed to DD who weaned within a matter of days
at ~18 mo.
Amanda

Old February 5th 07, 04:42 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Irrational Number

FlowerGirl wrote:

DS (~2.5 y) didn't bf at all yesterday

So sorry to hear this... My 20mo is still nursing,
and I live in fear of him weaning too soon! When
Pillbug weaned at 17 months, it took him only one
week to forget how. I was devastated. ;(

-- Anita --
Old February 6th 07, 06:00 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
FlowerGirl

"Irrational Number" wrote in message
hlink.net...
FlowerGirl wrote:

DS (~2.5 y) didn't bf at all yesterday

So sorry to hear this... My 20mo is still nursing,
and I live in fear of him weaning too soon! When
Pillbug weaned at 17 months, it took him only one
week to forget how. I was devastated. ;(

Yes - I'd be far happier if he'd suddenly TT than wean! (but having said
that, he has bf, if only briefly for the past couple of days).
I need to re-read that poem that starts "wean me gently" .... and read it to
DS!

Old February 7th 07, 07:20 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
FlowerGirl

FlowerGirl wrote:

DS (~2.5 y) didn't bf at all yesterday

So sorry to hear this... My 20mo is still nursing,
and I live in fear of him weaning too soon! When
Pillbug weaned at 17 months, it took him only one
week to forget how. I was devastated. ;(

Yes - I'd be far happier if he'd suddenly TT than wean! (but having said
that, he has bf, if only briefly for the past couple of days).
I need to re-read that poem that starts "wean me gently" .... and read it

DS!

I know its been posted here so many times before, but I can't resist ....

Wean Me Gently by Cathy Cardall
I know I look so big to you,
Maybe I seem too big for the needs I have.
But no matter how big we get,
We still have needs that are important to us.
I know that our relationship is growing and changing,
But I still need you. I need your warmth and closeness,
Especially at the end of the day
When we snuggle up in bed.
Please don't get too busy for us to nurse.
I know you think I can be patient,
Or find something to take the place of a nursing;
A book, a glass of something,
But nothing can take your place when I need you.
Sometimes just cuddling with you,
Having you near me is enough.
I guess I am growing and becoming independent,
But please be there.
This bond we have is so strong and so important to me,
Please don't break it abruptly.
Wean me gently,
Because I am your mother,
And my heart is tender.

Old February 8th 07, 04:52 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
xkatx

FlowerGirl wrote:

[...]

I know I've seen this many times, and maybe because I'm a big, fat crybaby,
this ALWAYS seems to bring tears to my eyes!
The part that gets me trying to blink back is the 5th line from the bottom,
then I nearly lose it at the "because I am your mother" part.
LOL What's wrong with me? lol