New Milford Hospital EMERGENCY! (John Sussman, MD to pay for new illustrations?)

Old May 14th 04, 01:35 AM
Todd Gastaldo

Default New Milford Hospital EMERGENCY! (John Sussman, MD to pay for new illustrations?)

PREGNANT WOMEN: For simple instructions on how to allow your birth canal to
open an "extra" up to 30%, see the very end of this post.

New Milford Hospital EMERGENCY! (Will Chief of Obstetrics John Sussman, MD
to pay for new birth illustrations? See below.)

Attention New Milford Mayor PAT MURPHY )

Attention New Milford Chief of Police COLIN D. McCORMACK
)

OBs at New Milford Hospital are knowingly closing birth canals up to 30% as
they push with oxytocin and pull with forceps/vacuums on babies' spines.

New Milford's Chief of Obstetrics John Sussman, MD indicates in his book the
Unofficial Guide to Having a Baby [2004] that semisitting widens the pelvic
outlet.

Semisitting CLOSES the pelvic outlet - up to 30%!

Some babies die, some get paralyzed - but most "only" have their necks
gruesomely wrenched.

ALL spinal manipulation is gruesome with the birth canal closed up to 30%.

EMERGENCY!

See the very end of this post...

A MEDICAL ILLUSTRATOR IS INTERESTED IN "THE CAUSE"...

"Hello Dr. Gastaldo, I would be happy to provide the drawings and animations
for your project, but I would need a retainer fee of 25% to begin and 25% at
the half way mark. I feel we can provide you with a educational and cost
effective project that will benefit the cause. If there is agreement, I will
figure an estimate for the total project. Let me know if this will work.
Thank you for your consideration."
--Medical illustrator Robert Fenn to Gastaldo

OPEN LETTER

Robert E. Fenn
Medical Illustrator
Medical Art Studios
3580 Lake Drive
Dousman, WI 53118
USA
1-262-965-3379

http://www.iv-folio.com/results.asp?...=Search&ID=143

Robert,

I did not ask you to email me and say you were looking forward to working
with me.

I'm glad you did contact me - but the contact was initiated by you -
apparently at the behest of Donna Young.

When I responded, I indicated that other medical illustrators may be working
on the project.

Did you think I am paying an army of medical illustrators and each one just
has to work out his/her own remuneration with me? LOL!

Here's the way I see it...

MEDICAL ILLUSTRATORS HAVE AN ETHICAL OBLIGATION TO WORK **FOR FREE** ON
THIS...

Obstetricians are knowingly closing birth canals up to 30%.

Medical illustrators are going along with the grisly birth gag
*illustrating* birth positions that close birth canals up to 30% - without
placing warnings on their illustrations.

As I indicated in my first email, the simple grisly biomechanics of
semisitting and dorsal delivery have been in the medical literature since
early last century!!

Medical illustrators are supposed to have knowledge of such things.

(If medical illustrators do NOT have knowledge of such things - then those
who pay medical illustrators have the sole ethical obligation I guess - and
I'm sorry I've embarrassed you with this Open Letter to the New Milford
Police and Mayor. If the New Milford Mayor and Police Chief do their jobs -
and stimulate their counterparts in every city in America to do the same -
we won't immediately need new medical illustrations.)

Assuming medical illustrators DO have knowledge of such things...

They have a DIRECT ethical obligation to correct the medical illustration
error FOR FREE - esp. if they have ERRONEOUSLY ILLUSTRATED AS NORMAL, birth
with the mother in semisitting or dorsal closing her birth canal up to 30%.

Robert, when I responded to your email, I assumed your ethical obligation to
be INDIRECT - i.e. - I assumed that you have not illustrated as normal,
birth with the mother in semisitting or dorsal.

Have you illustrated as normal, birth with the mother in semisitting or
dorsal?

Assuming you have not - assuming that your ethical obligation is indeed
indirect, here again is what I wrote to you:

"It might be worthwhile to look around at what's out there and begin
informing medical illustrators that they need to place a WARNING 'This
position closes the birth canal up to 30%' - on illustrations of semisitting
and dorsal delivery.

"It might also be worthwhile to begin informing ATTORNEYS WHO USE (BUY!)
THESE ILLUSTRATIONS that they should start telling juries that semisitting
and dorsal delivery close the birth canal up to 30%."

If you do nothing for free Robert - that is your choice. I think it is
highly unethical in this instance.

I myself am working for free.

In regard to free - feel FREE to use my WORD illustrations when you
email/write to any medical illustrators who are selling erroneous birth
illustrations/illustrations without warnings.

ALSO feel free to use my free word illustrations to inform pregnant friends
or relatives that OBs are knowingly closing birth canals and how EASY it is
for them to allow their birth canals to OPEN the "extra" up to 30%.

Make sure to tell them to discuss the matter with their OBs and CNMwives.

Healthy babies are worth it!

Sincerely,

Todd

Dr. Gastaldo

PS Robert, your email to me came out of the blue. If DONNA YOUNG gave you
to understand that I would be paying you - then you need to take that up
with her. I did not even know she was contacting more medical illustrators!
(See the Medical Illustrator posts the URLs for which I furnished in my
first email below.)

In that first email I URGED you - I am once again urging you - to at least
WRITE to people - something you have not apparently done.

Why not simply forward my first email (below) to your medical illustrator
association and tell them what you are in effect telling me: that you think
correct medical illustrations would benefit "the cause" as you called it?

You might also mention WARNINGS - as they can be immediately INEXPENSIVELY
applied to existing illustrations - until new ones can be made.

Just ONE forwarded email from you does not seem a hard thing to do what with
OBs forcing babies through birth canals senselessly closed up to 30%.

Babies are getting the pointy end of the stick - sort of literally.

Here again is my first email to you...

Robert E. Fenn
Medical Illustrator
Medical Art Studios
3580 Lake Drive
Dousman, WI 53118
USA
1-262-965-3379

http://www.iv-folio.com/results.asp?...=Search&ID=143
,
Robert,

Sorry to be so late in replying...

You wrote:

"Hello Dr. Gastaldo, I assume you received the original message from Donna
Young. Just following up to introduce myself (the illustrator) and let you
know I'm looking forward to working with you on this project. If you have
any questions in regards to my qualifications, please visit
www.indexedvisuals.com and click on Portfolio and then Robert E. Fenn.
Thank you. Sincerely, Robert Fenn (Medical Illustrator)..."

Your work looks great!

Time permitting, I will gladly answer any questions you might have - but the
nice thing about this project is that the grisly biomechanics of semisitting
and dorsal delivery have been in the medical literature since early last
century.

Also, at my request the authors of Williams Obstetrics *published* the
correct biomechanics in their 1993 edition.

Unfortunately, though, they left in their text the dorsal widens error that
first called my attention to their text.

Quite simply, if the mother is sitting or lying on her sacrum, it can't move
back.

There is simple PROOF that OBs are knowingly closing birth canals. [See the
Medical Illustrators URLs below].

Be advised Robert, you might not be the only medical illustrator working on
this project.

See Medical illustrators to the rescue! (I hope)...

See also: Medical illustrators: Global effort for babies
http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group...t/message/2499

Until you create medical illustrations that demonstrate that semisitting and
dorsal close the birth canal up to 30%...

It might be worthwhile to look around at what's out there and begin
informing medical illustrators that they need to place a WARNING "This
position closes the birth canal up to 30%" on illustrations of semisitting
and dorsal delivery.

It might also be worthwhile to begin informing ATTORNEYS WHO USE (BUY!)
THESE ILLUSTRATIONS that they should start telling juries that semisitting
and dorsal delivery close the birth canal up to 30%.

Such a warning (and your illustrations as soon as you can draw and sell
them!) would be SO helpful as juries decide whether the OB should have
pulled (or pushed) so hard on the baby's neck...

I know I am repetitive but...

JUST IMAGINE! OBs are violently pushing (with oxytocin, Cytotec and PGE2)
and gruesomely pulling (with hands, forceps, vacuums) - with birth canals
senselessly closed up to 30%!

Sometimes OBs pull so hard that spinal nerves are ripped out of tiny spinal
cords.

Some babies die. Some babies are paralyzed. Most "only" have their necks
gruesomely wrenched.

Juries will know EXACTLY what to do with this information - whether it comes
in the form of the WARNING - or one of your brand new illustrations!

Can't wait to see them!

Glad you're working on the project Robert!

Good luck!

Sincerely,

Todd

Dr. Gastaldo

PS PROOF...

Robert, what follows is my standard PS when writing on the usenet...

The Merck Manual offers PROOF that OBs and CNMwives are routinely closing
birth canals...

According to the Merck Manual:

"When shoulder dystocia occurs...the mother's thighs are hyperflexed to
increase the diameter of the pelvic outlet..."
http://www.merck.com/mrkshared/mmanu...er253/253g.jsp

WHY are OBs and CNMwives (nurse midwives) waiting until the
head is
out and shoulders get stuck before giving the baby maximum pelvic outlet
diameter?

WHY are OBs and CNMwives forcing babies' heads through birth canals
senselessly closed up to 30%?
WHY are OBs and CNMwives KEEPING birth canals closed when babies' shoulders
get stuck?

HELP PROTECT YOUR VAGINA...

OBs and CNMwives are slicing vaginas (euphemism "routine episiotomy") -
surgically/FRAUDULENTLY inferring everything possible is being done to OPEN
birth canals - even as they CLOSE birth canals - up to 30%!

See Criminal medical CAM at Hawai'i's John A Burns School of
Medicine
http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group...t/message/2256

WEIRD: The authors of Williams Obstetrics published the correct
biomechanics at my request but left in their text (in the same para!) the
"dorsal widens" bald lie that first called my attention to their text.

The "dorsal widens" bald lie was created by the authors of Williams
Obstetrics when Ohlsen informed them in 1973 that they were still claiming
that the pelvic diameters *don't change* at delivery!
http://home1.gte.net/gastaldo/part2ftc.html

ALSO WEIRD: The authors of Williams Obstetrics were saying the pelvic
diameters don't change years after RADIOGRAPHIC demonstration that the
diameters DO change - and this MANY years after J. Whitridge Williams, MD -
the first author of Williams Obstetrics - clinically demonstrated 4cm of AP
outlet diameter change way back in 1911!

Since OBs themselves have indicated that closing birth canals FAR LESS than
30% can KILL...

I say again...

Until you create medical illustrations that demonstrate that semisitting and
dorsal close the birth canal up to 30%...the above WARNING to illustrators
and attorneys might be helpful to juries...

Birth trauma cases are going on RIGHT NOW.

I do hope you'll copy me when you urge that such a warning be employed -
that is - IF you urge that such a warning be employed...

Good luck!

END Gastaldo's email to medical illustrator Robert Fenn

IN CONCLUSION ROBERT...

I would like to see medical illustrators offer PUBLISHERS services for pay.

If medical illustrators did so IN WRITING (copy me please!), they would be
simultaneously benefitting "my" project AND possibly setting themselves up
for some well paid medical illustrator work.

I recently copied Sharon and Joel Harris, the medical illustrators for the
Unofficial Guide to Having a Baby [2004] by Ann Douglas and John Sussman,
MD...

I did so because Donna Young (who else?) forwarded me Ann Douglas's
Pregnancy Trivia Quiz which had a question about how much squatting allows
the pelvis to open (20 to 30%)...

I subsequently found that Ann and John (the MD) indicate ERRONEOUSLY in
their book that semisitting widens the outlet!

See Pregnancy Trivia Quiz - the 30% trivia question...

I still haven't heard back from medical illustrators Sharon and Joel - so I
will cc them at:

I will also cc John Sussman, MD (via Ann Douglas, the New Milford Hospital,
New Milford volunteers, New Milford visiting nurses and the local newspaper)

,
,
,
,
,

EMERGENCY!

OBs at New Milford Hospital - including apparently John Sussman, MD - are
using semisitting - closing birth canals up to 30%.

And Dr. Sussman suggests in his Unofficial Guide that semisitting OPENS the
birth canal!

WHY the silence?

It seems to me that John Sussman, MD should STOP recommending semisitting
and START footing the bill for new medical illustrations.

SHARON and JOEL: I say again: You illustrate the birth canal closed up to
30% on pp. 719-722 of the 2004 edition of Ann and John's book. Please place
a warning on these illustrations in the future - or better - make new
illustrations. (I note your breech illustrations are upright.)

To everyone reading, I am astonished that we are all letting OBs get away
with this obvious birth fraud.

OBs themselves indicate that closing the birth canal FAR LESS than 30% can
KILL.

Would New Milford tolerate firemen making it harder for children to exit
burning buildings?

New Milford Hospital EMERGENCY!

EVERY hospital across America is letting OBs knowingly close birth canals!

SIMPLE INSTRUCTIONS

PREGNANT WOMEN: It is EASY for you to allow your birth canal to OPEN the
"extra" up
to 30%.
Just roll onto your side as you push your baby out - or deliver on
hands-and-knees, kneeling, standing, squatting, etc.

BUT BEWA "Midwives...encourage...semisitting." (closing the birth canal!)
--Yale CNMwifery Prof. Helen Varney. Varney's Midwifery. Sudbury, MA: Jones
and Bartlett. 4th ed. 2004:839]

Some MDs and MBs will let you "try" "alternative"
delivery positions but will move you back to dorsal or semisitting (close
your birth canal!) as you push your baby out!

If your baby's shoulders get stuck OBs and CNMwives will KEEP your birth
canal closed!

Yale CNMwifery Prof. Varney (just cited) writes:

"In the event of...shoulder dystocia...the woman should be
in a lithotomy position..." (p. 839)

Lithotomy position keeps the birth canal closed! So does semisitting!

Talk to your CNMwife or MD or MB about this TODAY. (For further details see
"Criminal medical CAM," URL above.)

CNMwives/MDs/MBs: If you must push or pull - and sometimes you must - first
get the
woman off her sacrum - off her back/butt.

EMERGENCY at New Milford and nearly every hospital in America!

See above.

Thanks for reading everyone,

Sincerely,

Todd

Dr. Gastaldo

This email will be posted for global access within 24 hours. Search
http://groups.google.com for "New Milford Hospital EMERGENCY! (John Sussman,
MD to pay for new illustrations?)