Can someone explain....

Old October 25th 05, 07:29 PM
Cheryl D

Default Can someone explain....

back labor? My back is killing me today right around my hips. But otherwise no contractions that I am noticing.

Cheryl
Old October 25th 05, 07:36 PM
Sue

Well my back labor was during labor when contractions had already been established. It's kind of hard to describe, but I felt excruciating pain occurring in my lower back every time a contraction hit. Counter pressure and massage helped some, but not much until the baby's head turned the way it was supposed to. It's from the head being posterior?
--
Sue (mom to three girls)

Old October 25th 05, 07:45 PM
Cheryl D

Ok so maybe I'm just over reacting to a back ache simply because I am by myself in the middle of no where lol. My back has been hurting slightly above my hips since last night/early morning. The pain never goes away, but does get worse every so often. I slept on the couch last night, but that usually helps when my back hurts so I'm not sure if that is the cause.

I guess being alone with nothing to do with a week left till my due date has left me with an over active imagination here.

Cheryl

Old October 25th 05, 09:38 PM
Cuddlefish

Cheryl D wrote:
/back labor? My back is killing me today right around my hips. But
otherwise no contractions that I am noticing./
//
/Cheryl/

Is your baby posterior? Mine was and so when I was in labour, I felt the
contractions in my back as well as my front. However, I felt no pain in
my back until I was actually in labour, having contractions.

Jacqueline

Old October 25th 05, 11:23 PM
Anne Rogers

Is your baby posterior? Mine was and so when I was in labour, I felt the
contractions in my back as well as my front. However, I felt no pain in my
back until I was actually in labour, having contractions.

that's right, but I really don't think my contractions felt any difference
with Ada and Nathanael, both really really got me in the back, but only one
of them was posterior.

Anne

Old October 26th 05, 04:23 AM
Leslie

I don't know that I'd call it back labor, but my back always hurts low
down at the very beginning of labor . . . so maybe you are getting
close!

Leslie