37 weeks - term :-)

Old September 15th 03, 11:22 AM
Elly

Default 37 weeks - term :-)

"Elly" ha scritto nel messaggio news:...
I'm about to send him the SMS with all the names so that he can decide

over the weekend
which ones to eliminate (he'll be back Friday evening).

Sorry, I meant "so that he can decide during the week...................."
Elly

Old September 17th 03, 03:05 PM
Em

"Elly" wrote in message
As of today, my ob/gyn is considering my pregnancy term pregnancy :-))

I feel fine, lots of energy, and I think the baby is dropping since my rib
cage area is more comfy than before ;-)
I have been noticing stronger Braxton-Hicks contractions, some *odd* pain

in
the cervix area (you know in the movies when the elevator gets stuck and
people try to open the elevator door with both hands? Sometimes it feels

the
baby is doing just that!) and occasional, very mild crampy/achy feeling in
the lower abdomen.
But other than that, I'm OK.

Congrats on being term! I think I know just what you mean about the cervix
pain--one of the women in my childbirth class referred to it once as, "the
baby biting on your cervix" and that stuck with me. So, now when I feel
those little zingy, shocks, I say to DH "the baby is biting my cervix!" Very
weird feeling. In the past two weeks or so, I have also started to have an
occasional zingy, electric shock feeling in my left upper thigh. Also a
*very* odd feeling. Nothing I've ever felt before (I imagine the baby's head
is pressing on a nerve that makes that happen). It stops me in my tracks.

DH had a flu last week, so I hope I did not catch it - so far no signs, so
keep your fingers crossed!
Despite the flu, he was very active - he'd put some shelves on the nursery
walls where I wanted them, etc. - the nursery is almost done, I still need
to wash and iron some baby clothes and finish the decorating, and that

will
be it. We chose the birth announcement cards.

Sounds very productive! I have a cold right now--not fun :-(

After all this *hard* work, we used the weekend to visit some friends, go
out for lunch, take a walk (and took some pictures while I still have my
bump - BTW, does anyone feel at this point that they're going to miss the
bump? I know it's weird, but I do! I love the thought of not being too

long
now until we meet our baby, but I think I will definitively miss the bump
and all the motion in there! I guess this means I'll jinx myself into

going
41+ weeks ;-)

I *totally* know what you mean about feeling like I'm going to miss the
bump. I love it and I feel like I'm going to miss my little
inside-mystery-pregnancy baby. I know the inside baby will get replaced by
the *real* outside baby, but I still feel I will miss the little mystery
inside (does that make sense?). I have started to have the feeling that I am
going to be pregnant forever, which my doula said means I have two weeks
left ;-) I don't feel that way in an, "oh, I'm so miserable that I can't
wait for this to be over" sense, but more in a "I'm so used to being
pregnant, that I can't picture what it is going to like to have it be over"
sense. Much as I have enjoyed my pregnancy, I do feel ready to move on to
the next step though!

The only thing we still haven't decided about is the baby's name - the

list
of the names for boys is shorter now - 4 names, so I guess we're almost

done
there, but the girls' name list is still too long - 13 names. I'm about to
send him the SMS with all the names so that he can decide over the weekend
which ones to eliminate (he'll be back Friday evening).

How is the name selection going now? You don't have much time left! :-)

I guess nesting is starting - I have a lot of things to do around the

house
(not connected to the baby) and can't wait to get started ;-)

I haven't been doing any of the housecleaning nesting types of things you
hear people talk about, but I have been having the urge to "finish up
business" lately and so am completing various projects or feeling like I
really need to hurry up and get xyz accomplished before the BIG DAY!
(speaking of finishing things up, I'm pleased to report that I got my first
book back from the printer last Friday. I am now a published author and am
*very* excited and pleased about it. I can't believe I actually managed to
pull it off before having the baby! Yay me! pats self on back)

Hope another week is going smoothly for you, Elly!

--
Em
edd 9/23/03

Old September 19th 03, 10:11 AM
Elly

"Em" ha scritto nel messaggio
Congrats on being term!

Thanks :-)
How does it feel to be only 5 days away from your due date?

In the past two weeks or so, I have also started to have an
occasional zingy, electric shock feeling in my left upper thigh. Also a
*very* odd feeling. Nothing I've ever felt before (I imagine the baby's

head
is pressing on a nerve that makes that happen). It stops me in my tracks.

I just wrote about that kind of feeling in my 37+ weeks ob/gyn appt update!
It's my upper left thigh, sometimes it feels numb, and sometimes it feels
like it's burning. It does not stop me in my tracks, but it feels really
weird!

I have a cold right now--not fun :-(

I'm sorry to hear that - hope it is gone by now, though! DH's lasted about
4-5 days, and it seems I did not catch it. How are you feeling now?

I *totally* know what you mean about feeling like I'm going to miss the
bump. I love it and I feel like I'm going to miss my little
inside-mystery-pregnancy baby. I know the inside baby will get replaced by
the *real* outside baby, but I still feel I will miss the little mystery
inside (does that make sense?).

Yes, it makes tones of sense! I feel exactly the same way. The bump is so
round and smooth (no stretch marks yet, hopefully I can avoid them
altogether - although I don't want to put my hopes up too high, my father's
side of the family is very prone to them and I do have some from my teenage
years on my hips; the linea nigra is very light-brown and hardly visible,
and the bumps sort of looks much nicer now that the baby dropped down some
(not engaged yet, though)), and although it feels silly to say this, I'm
kind of very proud of it :-)

I have started to have the feeling that I am
going to be pregnant forever, which my doula said means I have two weeks
left ;-) I don't feel that way in an, "oh, I'm so miserable that I can't
wait for this to be over" sense, but more in a "I'm so used to being
pregnant, that I can't picture what it is going to like to have it be

over"
sense.

Again, same feeling. I'm not miserable at all - actually I think I feel
better than I did at the beginning of the 3rd trimester! - and I'm sure this
feeling is not connected to the fear of chilbirth (so far, no fear - maybe
I'll get some when I actually arrive at the hospital!).. It's simply the way
I feel.

How is the name selection going now? You don't have much time left! :-)

Almost no progress - still 4 boys' names on the short list. I think I will
eliminate the name Darian from my list - Italians might nickname him (if it
is a boy) Dario, and I don't like that - but still need to suggest this
elimination to DH tonight. So we will probably stick with our 3-4 boys'
names short list and decide on the spot (again, if it is a boy). If it is a
girl.......... we're in trouble! I managed to eliminate 2 names, so we are
down to 11! Maybe I should do a poll here, what do you think?

feeling like I
really need to hurry up and get xyz accomplished before the BIG DAY!

Same feeling - "hurry up, the baby might come any day now!". The house is
set, I think - it's clean (apart from the usual things you do every day),
food & drinks stored, DH knows what to do in each possible version of events
;-)...
I just need to put some linen for the bed in the nursery (I've put in
one-person-size bed to be there just in case I'm alone (altough DH's plans
to stay with us at least 15 days after the childbirth haven't changed) and
want/need to be closer to the baby. My bedroom isn't big enough to put the
cradle in, so it was easier to put the bed in the nursery. We'll see how it
works after the baby's born; anyway, I need to put the linen & blankets for
that bed), make copies of the photos I want to put in the baby's photo album
(I decided to put some photos in - one of me and on of DH as babies, some
favorite photos of us dating, getting married, during the pregnancy.........
maybe like 10 photos altogether, before we start putting the baby's photos
in), update pregnancy journal... stuff like that.

(speaking of finishing things up, I'm pleased to report that I got my

first
book back from the printer last Friday. I am now a published author and am
*very* excited and pleased about it. I can't believe I actually managed to
pull it off before having the baby! Yay me! pats self on back)

YAY, thi is wonderful news - congratulations! Wow, what an accomplishment
patting Em on back :-)

Be well,
Elly
37 weeks + 4 days
EDD October 6th

Old September 20th 03, 03:31 AM
Em

"Elly" wrote in message
"Em" ha scritto nel messaggio

Congrats on being term!

Thanks :-)
How does it feel to be only 5 days away from your due date?

It feels very odd. Today, the 19th, was actually my original due date (based
on LMP), so it feels very weird to be here! The little note I made for DH to
tell him we were expecting says, "does September 19th sound like a good day
to become a daddy?" I looked at that this morning and since my memory of
writing it is *so* clear, I had a strange "time warp" sensation to being
where I am now! (if that makes any sense!).

In the past two weeks or so, I have also started to have an
occasional zingy, electric shock feeling in my left upper thigh. Also a
*very* odd feeling. Nothing I've ever felt before (I imagine the baby's

head
is pressing on a nerve that makes that happen). It stops me in my

tracks.

I just wrote about that kind of feeling in my 37+ weeks ob/gyn appt

update!
It's my upper left thigh, sometimes it feels numb, and sometimes it feels
like it's burning. It does not stop me in my tracks, but it feels really
weird!

I have a cold right now--not fun :-(

I'm sorry to hear that - hope it is gone by now, though! DH's lasted about
4-5 days, and it seems I did not catch it. How are you feeling now?

I'm feeling worse now that I did when I wrote the above--seems like I'm
going downhill instead of getting better :-( My cough is quite bad and I
also feel all muzzy-headed and definitely not up to par. (I also feel very
whiny! ;-)

[...]

I don't have stretch marks (yet) either! I keep trying to be prepared that
my body could play a mean trick on me and some could pop up the day before
labor or something (or maybe all of this coughing will make some appear!),
but I don't *really* think that I will get any at this point--I've come too
far!

I also like that my bump isn't huge and ungainly, but is still very
prominent and *obvious*. I think it will be weird to adjust to how my body
looks non-pregnant again (since it will likely be different from my
pre-pregnancy body as well).

I have started to have the feeling that I am
going to be pregnant forever, which my doula said means I have two weeks
left ;-) I don't feel that way in an, "oh, I'm so miserable that I can't
wait for this to be over" sense, but more in a "I'm so used to being
pregnant, that I can't picture what it is going to like to have it be

over"
sense.

Again, same feeling. I'm not miserable at all - actually I think I feel
better than I did at the beginning of the 3rd trimester! - and I'm sure

this
feeling is not connected to the fear of chilbirth (so far, no fear - maybe
I'll get some when I actually arrive at the hospital!).. It's simply the

way
I feel.

I'm not feeling fearful of childbirth either, though I do have an occasional
moment of thinking, "can I really *do* this? It is really going to happen to
me!" I am feeling a bit disoncertned about the reality of having a real live
baby live with us soon though (on the outside that is--he already lives with
us now, I guess :-).

How is the name selection going now? You don't have much time left! :-)

Almost no progress - still 4 boys' names on the short list. I think I will
eliminate the name Darian from my list - Italians might nickname him (if

it
is a boy) Dario, and I don't like that - but still need to suggest this
elimination to DH tonight. So we will probably stick with our 3-4 boys'
names short list and decide on the spot (again, if it is a boy). If it is

girl.......... we're in trouble! I managed to eliminate 2 names, so we are
down to 11! Maybe I should do a poll here, what do you think?

I think the poll was a good idea and weighed in earlier this evening :-)

[...]

Your proposed baby album sounds very nice!

(speaking of finishing things up, I'm pleased to report that I got my

first
book back from the printer last Friday. I am now a published author and

am
*very* excited and pleased about it. I can't believe I actually managed

pull it off before having the baby! Yay me! pats self on back)

YAY, thi is wonderful news - congratulations! Wow, what an accomplishment
patting Em on back :-)

Thanks! I still feel fairly flushed with success about it!

--
Em
edd 9/23/03

Old September 20th 03, 05:52 AM
Elly

"Em" ha scritto nel messaggio
"Elly" wrote in message
How does it feel to be only 5 days away from your due date?

It feels very odd. Today, the 19th, was actually my original due date

(based
on LMP), so it feels very weird to be here! The little note I made for DH

tell him we were expecting says, "does September 19th sound like a good

day
to become a daddy?" I looked at that this morning and since my memory of
writing it is *so* clear, I had a strange "time warp" sensation to being
where I am now! (if that makes any sense!).

Aw - I like the note :-)
Remember my friend Alex? Well, her due date was moved yet again to the 23rd
(same as yours). We had a long phone chat tonight (we had some issues in the
past about her being very competitive, etc., but now she sounds like she
really needs me to be there for her and to comfort her, at least over the
phone as we don't see each other much due to not driving anymore, so we sort
of re-established the contact) and what she told me sounds just like what
you said. It's just *so* hard to believe that this is almost over, and that
all that time has gone by so fast, and the reality of having an *outside*
baby soon is really *weird* (although we spent all this time preparing
ourselves for it!)...

I'm feeling worse now that I did when I wrote the above--seems like I'm
going downhill instead of getting better :-( My cough is quite bad and I
also feel all muzzy-headed and definitely not up to par. (I also feel very
whiny! ;-)

Again, hope it goes away soon. As for feeling very whiny, someone once told
me it's a sign that a pregnant lady might go into labour soon - but
according to that "sign", I should have had this baby a *long* time ago!
As for me, I noticed that although I'm not impatient and still enjoy being
pregnant, I kind of don't tolerate having too many people around and just
like spending time with DH, my dog, or alone.
I guess it has something to do with people around me feeling the need to
*educate* me about the impending labour and being a mother - and most of
their stories are horror stories, which I really don't want to put up with.
Why do they feel like they need to scare a pregnant woman like that?
And it's not only strangers, it's friends and family as well!
For example - one of my other friends, Diana (BTW, not pregnant, not a
mother yet, no medical background), kept telling me stuff like, "You will
definitively have a C-section because the baby's big"; "It's very difficult
to give birth to a 7-8 lbs baby, you will suffer"; and then stuff like, "Why
did you buy the carrier, it will spoil your back and the baby will be fussy
and stop wanting to lie down in a cradle"; "Why did you buy the 0-3 months
clothes when I told you not to" (BTW, the 0-3 months' clothes we bought
we 2 onesies, 2 sleeping outfits, 1 daytime outfit, 1 pair of socks and 3
newborn caps - and I kept the receipts as they told me at the store if the
baby's bigger than this I can return those clothes for something bigger),
then "I don't like the names on your baby list", "Don't take the camera to
the hospital, it will get stolen", etc., etc.
Well, last Saturday I was really fed up with all of this (she's a kind of
friend that calls/sends e-mails a lot, so it's not like I heard these
speeches from her once a week); we were visiting them, and she kept with her
remarks (DH also found them very annoying), and I kind of snapped and told
her that we made all our decisions based on the information we got from
books, doctors, paediatricians, Internet, and friends with experience. The
next day I got a very insulting e-mail from her (that I think I know
everything, that her sister just became a psychologist and thinks I
complicate things too much -her sister doesn't know me at all, BTW, etc.).
I was very hurt, but decided to stop being in contact with her for a while.
I don't think I need or deserve this aggravation and should just enjoy the
remaining time of the pregnancy!
My Mom - to my surprise - started also being very interfering, and got very
upset when I wouldn't take her choice of names into considerations (I just
didn't like them, it wasn't anything personal!) and things escalated so much
that we don't talk for 5 days now. It hurts, but I know if I get near her,
it will start all over again...

I know - I'm very irritable at the moment - maybe this means the labour is
around the corner ? ;-)

I don't have stretch marks (yet) either! I keep trying to be prepared that
my body could play a mean trick on me and some could pop up the day before
labour or something (or maybe all of this coughing will make some

appear!),
but I don't *really* think that I will get any at this point--I've come

too
far!

You know what I just thought? Wouldn't it be *so unfair* if we went through
the entire pregnancy without the stretch marks, and then they show up once
we have the baby and the skin's "shrinking" back?! I think that would really
be unfair!! Hope it won't happen (when I got the original stretch marks in
my teenage years, my GP explained you can get them not only as you get
bigger/heavier, but also when you're losing weight, so to be careful when
dieting)!

I think it will be weird to adjust to how my body
looks non-pregnant again (since it will likely be different from my
pre-pregnancy body as well).
I am feeling a bit disoncertned about the reality of having a real

live
baby live with us soon though (on the outside that is--he already lives

with
us now, I guess :-).

Definitively!

Your proposed baby album sounds very nice!

Thanks :-) Tomorrow we'll decide what photos to put in - I want them to be
the ones we both like, maybe with a story behind them so that our child
really gets to know us "the way we were" before its birth.

I still feel fairly flushed with success about it!

You have every reason to feel this way :-)

Elly
37 weeks + 5 days
(15 days to go!)
EDD October 6th

How much weight will fetus gain in last 7 weeks? jennifer woollett Pregnancy 7 October 6th 03 06:38 PM
No heartbeat visble on U/S at what we thought was 10 weeks? Tex Pregnancy 4 September 12th 03 02:44 PM
37 weeks zeldabee Pregnancy 9 September 1st 03 10:08 PM
31+ weeks ob/gyn appt & update (long) Elly Pregnancy 6 August 14th 03 06:15 PM
4.5 hour bus trip at 34 weeks? zeldabee Pregnancy 5 August 5th 03 08:08 PM