Guard Your Daughters from Gardasil

Old August 22nd 07, 11:13 PM posted to misc.kids.health,misc.health.alternative,talk.politics.medicine,ca.politics
Ilena Rose

Default Guard Your Daughters from Gardasil

http://ilena-rosenthal.blogspot.com

Bravo and thanks to Dr. Dach ... and may he be protected from the
Vaccination Lobbyists / Quackwatch and their smear campaigns against
those who dare to believe differently than they.
http://www.BreastImplantAwareness.or...watchwatch.htm

http://jeffreydach.com/2007/05/06/je...accinehpv.aspx
Check website for lots of links & information

Guard Your Daughters from Gardasil

A number of friends and family members have asked me to comment on
Gardasil, the new vaccine for HPV human papilloma virus, a sexually
transmitted virus which causes genital warts and precancerous lesions
of the cervix.

The Merck Gardasil vaccine story broke into the news Feb 3 when
Republican Texas Governor Rick Perry issued an executive order,
bypassing the legislature, and mandated vaccination for all 11 year
old school girls. The media had a field day with disclosures of
Merck’s financial ties to Perry and other lawmakers.

Fortunately, Governor Perry’s Gardasil executive order was blocked by
a 119-21 vote of the Texas House. Instead of making the shots
mandatory, they will be strictly voluntary and NOT required for school
attendance. Facing this type of growing opposition, Merck disclosed
that it has suspended mandatory vaccination lobbying efforts, which
was dubbed by some as the “Help Pay for Vioxx Litigation Campaign”

Proponents of the vaccine say things like:

Rep. Cleo Duncan, R-Greensburg, held back tears as she told the
committee "This is the first vaccination that we have ever had that
will kill the virus that causes a cancer," she said. "What a
wonderful, wonderful accomplishment. And for us to be here trying to
debate whether we're even going to let our families know that this
wonderful marvel is here is just beyond me."

Opponents to Gardasil say things like:

"This vaccine should not be mandated for 11-year-old girls.... It's
not been tested in little girls for efficacy. At 11, these girls don't
get cervical cancer—they won't know for 25 years if they will get
cervical cancer. Giving it to 11-year-olds is a great big public
health experiment." Dr. Diane Harper, lead researcher, HPV vaccine
development

Objections Listed:

1. The vaccine is costly. ($360 for series of three shots)

2. Lack of testing in 9–13 yr olds.

3. Lack of evidence of duration of protection (estimated duration of 5
years).

4. Efficacy has not been demonstrated and is unknown. In fact, there's
already been talk of the need for booster shots.

5. Benefit of Gardasil to 9–13 year olds is dubious. Cervical Cancer
affects 45-55 year olds, 40 years later.

6. Questionable Safety when used in conjunction with other vaccines
(Hep B and Meningitis ).

7. High rate of vaccine injury: the US Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting
System is showing considerable serious injury from this vaccine,
especially neurological and immune dysfunction. Included are reports
of collapse, paralysis, Guillain-Barre syndrome, dizziness, vomiting,
rash, syncope, seizures and headache.

8. Gardasil may actually cause an increase in cervical cancer due to a
false feeling of security in the females who receive it and decline
PAP smears.

9. Gardasil does not guarantee safety from HPV: Regular Pap screening
tests with their incumbent costs will still be needed.

10. The incidence of cervical cancer is low, and it would cost $360
million to pay for vaccine to prevent only 1–2 deaths.

11. HPV is usually benign: The virus clears up on its own within 8–12
months.

12. Pap screening already works and has been very effective in
reducing cervical cancer rates.

13. Gardasil gives the wrong message to kids about sex and may
encourage promiscuity.
Old August 23rd 07, 12:49 AM posted to misc.kids.health,misc.health.alternative,talk.politics.medicine,ca.politics
Jeff

Ilena Rose wrote:
http://ilena-rosenthal.blogspot.com

Bravo and thanks to Dr. Dach ... and may he be protected from the
Vaccination Lobbyists / Quackwatch and their smear campaigns against
those who dare to believe differently than they.
http://www.BreastImplantAwareness.or...watchwatch.htm

WoW! You had to go to a radiologist to find a doctor who didn't endorse
the vaccine.

How special.

Jeff

[...]

Yeah it. Would you rather pay for the vaccine or cancer treatment?

2. Lack of testing in 9–13 yr olds.

Actually, it has been tested in this age group.

3. Lack of evidence of duration of protection (estimated duration of 5
years).

We know it works. If the kids need a booster, we can give it to them
later. That should be "minimum estimated duration").

4. Efficacy has not been demonstrated and is unknown. In fact, there's
already been talk of the need for booster shots.

Efficacy has been demonstrated to prevent the infection that causes cancer.

5. Benefit of Gardasil to 9–13 year olds is dubious. Cervical Cancer
affects 45-55 year olds, 40 years later.

And it affect women who are a lot younger, too.

6. Questionable Safety when used in conjunction with other vaccines
(Hep B and Meningitis ).

Really? Prove it.

7. High rate of vaccine injury: the US Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting
System is showing considerable serious injury from this vaccine,
especially neurological and immune dysfunction. Included are reports
of collapse, paralysis, Guillain-Barre syndrome, dizziness, vomiting,
rash, syncope, seizures and headache.

Very few of these adverse events have been shown to be related to the
vaccine.

8. Gardasil may actually cause an increase in cervical cancer due to a
false feeling of security in the females who receive it and decline
PAP smears.

This has not been proven at all.

9. Gardasil does not guarantee safety from HPV: Regular Pap screening
tests with their incumbent costs will still be needed.

Yes. But far fewer cases of cancer will be diagnosed.

10. The incidence of cervical cancer is low, and it would cost $360
million to pay for vaccine to prevent only 1–2 deaths.

Thousands of women die from the disease every year.

11. HPV is usually benign: The virus clears up on its own within 8–12
months.

Yet it still causes thousands of deaths each year. That's like saying we
shouldn't wash after we flush because most of the time, we won't get sick.

12. Pap screening already works and has been very effective in
reducing cervical cancer rates.

Yes, but it has not reduced the rate to zero.

13. Gardasil gives the wrong message to kids about sex and may
encourage promiscuity.

Evidence, please.

Jeff
Old August 23rd 07, 12:58 AM posted to misc.kids.health,misc.health.alternative,talk.politics.medicine,ca.politics
George Conklin[_2_]

"Ilena Rose" wrote in message

13. Gardasil gives the wrong message to kids about sex and may
encourage promiscuity.

Your fondest dream, no doubt. You are seriously sexually repressed.

Old August 23rd 07, 12:59 AM posted to misc.kids.health,misc.health.alternative,talk.politics.medicine,ca.politics
George Conklin[_2_]

"Jeff" wrote in message
Ilena Rose wrote:
http://ilena-rosenthal.blogspot.com

Bravo and thanks to Dr. Dach ... and may he be protected from the
Vaccination Lobbyists / Quackwatch and their smear campaigns against
those who dare to believe differently than they.
http://www.BreastImplantAwareness.or...watchwatch.htm

WoW! You had to go to a radiologist to find a doctor who didn't endorse
the vaccine.

How special.

Jeff

Well, I guess these kooks are going to say radiology does no harm too.

Old August 23rd 07, 02:26 AM posted to misc.kids.health,misc.health.alternative,talk.politics.medicine,ca.politics
Myrl

250,000 women die from Cervical Cancer globally each year. . .It is
estimated that 70% of these cancers are caused by the HPV virus, which
could be prevented with Gardasil.

Old August 23rd 07, 03:09 AM posted to misc.kids.health,misc.health.alternative,talk.politics.medicine,ca.politics
Ilena Rose

To: Merck / Jeff P Utz / Myrl Jeffcoat etc:

250,000 women die from Cervical Cancer globally each year. . .It is estimated that 70% of these cancers are caused by the HPV virus, which could be prevented with Gardasil.

Yes, we know. That's the Merck 'talking point' of the week. You've
been posting it on every post I begin like it's a Mantra from God.
It's not, Myrl ... it's Merck pushing a drug with your help.

Your choice of using pre-teen and adolescent children to be lab rats
for this highly marketed and promoted and potentially dangerous and
even deadly drug, Myrl Jeffcoat, so that Merck can make it's $4.5
billion in inet income again is abhorrent to me, Myrl Jeffcoat.

SCIENTIST: How Much Should Gardasil Cost?

http://www.the-scientist.com/article/home/53410/

The company estimates its net incomefor 2006 at nearly $4.5 billion.
Old August 23rd 07, 03:16 AM posted to misc.kids.health,misc.health.alternative,talk.politics.medicine,ca.politics
Jeff

Ilena Rose wrote:
To: Merck / Jeff P Utz / Myrl Jeffcoat etc:

250,000 women die from Cervical Cancer globally each year. . .It is estimated that 70% of these cancers are caused by the HPV virus, which could be prevented with Gardasil.

Yes, we know. That's the Merck 'talking point' of the week. You've
been posting it on every post I begin like it's a Mantra from God.
It's not, Myrl ... it's Merck pushing a drug with your help.

Mine, too, I hope. I am proud to help get out the word about this
life-saving treatment.

Your choice of using pre-teen and adolescent children to be lab rats
for this highly marketed and promoted and potentially dangerous and
even deadly drug, Myrl Jeffcoat, so that Merck can make it's $4.5
billion in inet income again is abhorrent to me, Myrl Jeffcoat.

I don't see the kids being used as being lab rats. Rather, I see them as
in 10 to 40 years out as having much lower risk of developing cervical
cancer and more likely to be spared the diagnosis, chemotherapy, surgery
and fear that comes with such a diagnosis.

And I see their kids and grandkids being more likely to enjoy have mom
and grandma around for many more years.

SCIENTIST: How Much Should Gardasil Cost?

http://www.the-scientist.com/article/home/53410/

The company estimates its net incomefor 2006 at nearly $4.5 billion.

So what?

They make lots of money off the vaccine. They also put a lot of money
into developing the vaccine.

Gee, $360 for a reduced risk of dying of cancer. Not a tough choice.

Jeff
Old August 23rd 07, 03:33 AM posted to misc.kids.health,misc.health.alternative,talk.politics.medicine,ca.politics
George Conklin[_2_]

"Myrl" wrote in message
ups.com...
250,000 women die from Cervical Cancer globally each year. . .It is
estimated that 70% of these cancers are caused by the HPV virus, which
could be prevented with Gardasil.

Well, the anti-vaccine people don't care.

Old August 23rd 07, 03:35 AM posted to misc.kids.health,misc.health.alternative,talk.politics.medicine,ca.politics
George Conklin[_2_]

"Jeff" wrote in message
Ilena Rose wrote:
To: Merck / Jeff P Utz / Myrl Jeffcoat etc:

[...]

My wife's contact in public health told her a few weeks ago that only one
mother in the clinics has turned down Gardasal for her daughter, when it was
offered.

Old August 23rd 07, 04:47 AM posted to misc.kids.health,misc.health.alternative,talk.politics.medicine,ca.politics
Coleah

On Aug 22, 9:09 pm, Ilena Rose wrote:
To: Merck / Jeff P Utz / Myrl Jeffcoat etc:

250,000 women die from Cervical Cancer globally each year. . .It is estimated that 70% of these cancers are caused by the HPV virus, which could be prevented with Gardasil.

Yes, we know. That's the Merck 'talking point' of the week. You've
been posting it on every post I begin like it's a Mantra from God.
It's not, Myrl ... it's Merck pushing a drug with your help.

Your choice of using pre-teen and adolescent children to be lab rats
for this highly marketed and promoted and potentially dangerous and
even deadly drug, Myrl Jeffcoat, so that Merck can make it's $4.5
billion in inet income again is abhorrent to me, Myrl Jeffcoat.

SCIENTIST: How Much Should Gardasil Cost?

http://www.the-scientist.com/article/home/53410/

The company estimates its net incomefor 2006 at nearly $4.5 billion.

Hey, I thought Rosenthal said she was NOT bitching to get this vaccine
REMOVED from the marketplace????? Sure sounds like it to me.

Again with her, it goes back to harping about $$$$ she estimates a
manufacturer may be making, over scientific data and statistics and
prevention of a deadly disease.
(Yes Ilena Rosenthal....for YOU, the sky IS always falling!)

Kiddy Guard? Jonty Yamisha Pregnancy 1 October 10th 04 09:45 AM
car seats and pet/guard cargo barrier in suabru outback wagon mpagriffin General (moderated) 1 March 31st 04 08:09 PM
car seats and pet/guard cargo barrier in suabru outback wagon mpagriffin General 1 March 31st 04 05:41 PM
Thumb Guard looneybird Twins & Triplets 27 March 25th 04 11:59 PM
Question about the National Guard. toto General 3 January 13th 04 04:27 AM