A moment of support!

Old August 31st 07, 09:10 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
xkatx

Default A moment of support!

Today I went with my mom and the kids to get school supplies for DS. I had
all the kids with me, and we're doing our shopping. My mom was pushing DD1
in the cart, DS was walking and I had DD2 in the wrap. DD2 starts to fuss a
bit and I *know* she's getting a bit tired and hungry.
Out of the wrap she goes, off with the wrap I go. I have DD2 in one arm and
I unravel, untwist and untie 5+ feet of material. I'm a pro at that, though
One lady standing in the aisle with me asks if I need a hand, and I was
just about done anyways and told her thanks, but I've got it off. And in
record time, seeing as DD2 is definitely getting a bit past the point of
wanting to wait for me.
Toss the wrap into the cart next to DD1 and off I go to feed DD2 while we
continue shopping. While feeding DD2, I'm still able to make sure DS has
his eyes open and is paying attention so he doesn't walk into something or
someone (or someone walk into him) and I'm still able to make sure DD1 isn't
grabbing every item off the shelves while in the cart. Oh, yea, DD2 is
still nursing.
Well, I didn't wear a nursing top. Just a regular fitting T-shirt. Of
course. haha A nursing shirt tends to just be easier while out and about
as it's just downright convenient (IMO, anyways) and less 'drafty' for me
Well, one lady that worked at the store sees me and she said, "Well, looks
like you've been doing that for a while!" (looking at me feeding DD2) and my
mom heard and said something like, "Well, 6+ years! You gotta learn to do
it like that!" and the lady then remarked at how she figured that was true
with other little ones, especially a toddler and how great that was.
So, I just thought I'd share a good experience of NIP in a fairly busy
store - especially with school starting on Tuesday and tons of people doing
the mad-rush for school supplies at the last minute. It was just kind of
nice to not have the extra stress or headache of getting a bad reaction,
which does seem to happen on occasion and far too often, even if just on
occasion.
Oh, and we also managed to get all the supplies DS needed without anyone
having a major meltdown!

Old September 12th 07, 09:13 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
CY[_2_]

That's awesome - I love hearing stories like that. My former best friend,
basically told me (without saying it, only alluding to it) that my
breastfeeding relationship and habits made her lose all respect for me -
she's childless of course - and suggested I get psychiatric help, LOL. I
LOVE coming here and listening to people who "get" me! Good for you, that's
awesome

"xkatx" wrote in message
[...]

yet another "antidepressant moment" julie in Boise Pregnancy 0 March 26th 05 05:31 PM
Your pregnancy moment of zen... [email protected] Pregnancy 13 March 2nd 05 02:57 PM
scary moment toypup General 15 August 1st 04 05:12 AM
Let me take a moment to express to you... Carol Ann Pregnancy 4 June 17th 04 12:30 AM
Positive Parenting Moment Chookie General 5 August 12th 03 04:46 PM