Paying Alimony and Child support - but ex has undeclared income !!

Old December 1st 05, 10:12 PM posted to alt.support.divorce,alt.child-support

Default Paying Alimony and Child support - but ex has undeclared income !!

My divorce went thru this Feb 2005.
Separation since August 2004, Settlement Agrrement signed in Dec2004.
My ex-wife had started claiming unemployment since earlier that year.

Now per the settlement I am paying her Alimony and Child support of
nearly half the amount of my take home pay. Paid all arrears since
separation Aug 2004 till date.

Now the issue is she is working and always has been working (!) with
some cash only commission only etc deals I guess , since I know that
she is working or is busy fulltime doing Event Management , TV shows ,
MEdia Sales etc .
But all of these are with some of her friend's companies mainly Indian
entrepreneurs or businesses. She is Indian too.

Of late she is also selling real estate in India to the non resident
indians here , getting commission. But these incomes are all UNDECLARED
I would guess.

I am thinking of hiring a lawyer and asking for investigation or
whatever it entails , but just checking here if anyone has any ideas
comments on such an issue ??

Old December 1st 05, 10:24 PM posted to alt.support.divorce,alt.child-support

Well, if there is undeclared income, then chances are the IRS would be
interested??? Why not call 1-800-RAT-FINK and let the IRS do the dirty
work for you? The beauty of this is she cannot come back and ask for
more money because if she does you can ask "why?".

Once they have finished with her, then you can take her to court, have
the court obtain copies of the records from the IRS. Since the IRS
records will show she LIED about her income, this should blow her
cerdibility out of the water with the court. Then you can apply to to
court for a modification of the child support based on the facts
entered in evidence. The court loves cold hard facts. This might help
get the monkey of your back a little.

Just a thought.

Old December 1st 05, 10:25 PM posted to alt.support.divorce,alt.child-support

wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

====
If you file for a reduction in support, she may be required to turn over her
tax returns (depends on the state). If she's hiding money
from the IRS she will be in much greater trouble than hiding it from you.
====

Old December 1st 05, 11:37 PM posted to alt.support.divorce,alt.child-support

Thanks for the suggestions.
- Regd IRS not sure if I just call without proof that she has
undeclared income would help ?
- Also we have 2 kids with shared custody 50% each and hence due to
kids am hesitant to make it that bitter with irs reporting and all -
and I am still paying per month $1200 just for kids and $800 alimony
which is huge for me...this is california..
- I was thinking of filing for 'reduction in support' but she hasnt
filed for this years taxes yet , I will have to wait till after april.
And if she still does not declare , and I dont have proof (
circumstantial evidence) . How does it work ?
- Also these companies are too smat also they have been doing things
like these foy years with the visa immigration salary payments
etc..they would pay the rent or offer some allowance and suc and
provide a low salary for tax puposes...

Old December 2nd 05, 12:24 AM posted to alt.support.divorce,alt.child-support

wrote in message
oups.com...
In alt.child-support wrote:

: Now the issue is she is working and always has been working (!) with
: some cash only commission only etc deals I guess , since I know that
: she is working or is busy fulltime doing Event Management , TV shows ,
: MEdia Sales etc .
: But all of these are with some of her friend's companies mainly Indian
: entrepreneurs or businesses. She is Indian too.

She must be paying income tax on her earnings else she's in violation of
the
law. Additionally, there are checks being written and deposited in to
an account for the transactions. Both the tax returns and the bank
account statements can be subpoenaed for evidence. I would advise getting
an attorney to do the job though.

===
After a case is established, the parties can file their own subpoenas for
documents.
I did it in FL with my husband's ex's employer. At first they refused to
send salary
records but complied after I sent them statutory reference that if the
"keeper of the record"
failed to release said record, the keeper can be held responsible for all
costs the requester
incurs to get the record. She was state employed which is different with
public disclosure, however,
the parties in a case, can file subpoenas and requests for documents from
the other party. Judges don't
look kindly on parties who refuse to turn over documents critical to the
case. The judge in my husband's case
was quite upset with his ex for dragging her feet on the production of
documents.
===

Old December 2nd 05, 01:17 AM posted to alt.support.divorce,alt.child-support

Gini wrote:

wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

I have read that most so-called family courts will not care about tax
evasion, but it is a stick you could hold over her head to get her to
agree to reduce the amount. If you really wanted to go through with it
and get her in trouble, of course.

--
"I ain't evil, I'm just good lookin'..."
Old December 2nd 05, 04:24 AM posted to alt.support.divorce,alt.child-support

Well, if you do call the IRS, and they do find something on her (namely not
declaring her actual income, filing taxes, etc..) then, when you take this
info to the court, you could easily find yourself having custody of the
children and your X paying you C$ and alimony.

Just a thought..

Old December 2nd 05, 05:22 AM posted to alt.support.divorce,alt.child-support

I was thinking the same thing!

Never mind the "nice" crap. YOU are having your wallet RAPED by the
courts! $2000 per month??? Sounds like indentured slavery if I ever
heard it! And she has the gaul to sneak $$$ on the side and lie about
it so YOU have to keep paying full $$$$????

Man, you are being had! Wake up and smell the coffee!

Old December 2nd 05, 07:23 AM posted to alt.support.divorce,alt.child-support

wrote in

Now per the settlement I am paying her Alimony and Child support of
nearly half the amount of my take home pay.

SUCKER!