Pumping and nausea

Old July 15th 06, 12:38 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
cjra

Default Pumping and nausea

I gave birth on July 3, so 11 days ago. My daughter's in NICU so have
been pumping since day 1. Got the usual contractions while pumping, a
few days ago got heavier cramping, but all still within what seems like
normal range. But beginning yesterday, every time I pump I got nausea.
I don't throw up, but feels like early morning sickness - upset
stomach, not quite but almost want to throw up.

It goes away eventually, just in time for me to start pumping again...
anyone else experience this? My midwife comes for my 2-week checkup on
Monday so I'll ask her then, just wondered if others have experienced
something similar.

Old July 15th 06, 12:45 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Mary W.

cjra wrote:
I gave birth on July 3, so 11 days ago. My daughter's in NICU so have
been pumping since day 1. Got the usual contractions while pumping, a
few days ago got heavier cramping, but all still within what seems like
normal range. But beginning yesterday, every time I pump I got nausea.
I don't throw up, but feels like early morning sickness - upset
stomach, not quite but almost want to throw up.

It goes away eventually, just in time for me to start pumping again...
anyone else experience this?

Yup! Not with my first daughter, but with my second I had these
waves of nausea everytime I let down (whether nursing or pumping).
For me it just lasted the length of the nursing/pumping session, but
it was pretty yucky.

The good news is that it died down significantly by about 4 weeks.
By the time I went back to work at 12 weeks, it wasn't happening
at all. I don't know what it was, but it's kind of wierd that I had it
with my second and not my first.

Hope your little one is improving quickly, congratulations
on her birth.

Mary W.

Old July 15th 06, 12:51 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Jess

"cjra" wrote in message
oups.com...
It goes away eventually, just in time for me to start pumping again...
anyone else experience this?

Yeah, but ISTR it stopped fairly quickly.

Jess

Old July 15th 06, 06:35 PM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
[email protected]

It goes away eventually, just in time for me to start pumping again...
anyone else experience this? My midwife comes for my 2-week checkup on
Monday so I'll ask her then, just wondered if others have experienced
something similar.

Yup. With #6 I had nausea with let down for the first weeks. Weird.
Never happened before and never since.

Old July 16th 06, 08:40 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
[email protected]

cjra wrote:
I gave birth on July 3, so 11 days ago. My daughter's in NICU so have
been pumping since day 1. Got the usual contractions while pumping, a
few days ago got heavier cramping, but all still within what seems like
normal range. But beginning yesterday, every time I pump I got nausea.
I don't throw up, but feels like early morning sickness - upset
stomach, not quite but almost want to throw up.

It goes away eventually, just in time for me to start pumping again...
anyone else experience this? My midwife comes for my 2-week checkup on
Monday so I'll ask her then, just wondered if others have experienced
something similar.

I had nausea everytime I nursed for quite a long time. it is horrible
isn't it. From advice I'd read here I found drinking water before I
nursed helped a lot - it's just many times I didn't remember. But when
I did it deffo helped.

Jeni

Old July 16th 06, 09:12 AM posted to misc.kids.breastfeeding
Jess

wrote in message
ups.com...
I had nausea everytime I nursed for quite a long time. it is horrible
isn't it. From advice I'd read here I found drinking water before I
nursed helped a lot - it's just many times I didn't remember. But when
I did it deffo helped.

Eating, too.

Jess