Resistivity of amalgams still a mystery

Old June 13th 07, 12:57 PM posted to sci.med.dentistry,sci.materials,sci.physics.electromag,misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health
Mark Probert

Default Resistivity of amalgams still a mystery

jim beam wrote:

toxicity hasn't a single damned thing to do with resistivity.

Sure it does. Those who claim that there is toxicity demonstrate
resistivity to facts showing that they are wrong.

Old June 13th 07, 09:44 PM posted to sci.materials,sci.physics.electromag,misc.kids.health
Olin Perry Norton

Of what importance is the electrical resistivity of amalgam?

Would higher resistivity be good, and lower resistivity bad,
or would lower resistivity be good, and higher resistivity bad?

Jan Drew has posted an enormous amount of material
on the toxicity of mercury from amalgam fillings.
Even if we should accept all of this as being true, for the sake
of argument, I still don't see that it has anything at all
to do with electrical resistivity.

Olin Perry Norton

Old June 13th 07, 10:14 PM posted to sci.med.dentistry,sci.materials,sci.physics.electromag,misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health
Peter Bowditch

Jan wrote:

On Jun 11, 4:55?pm, Peter Bowditch wrote:
"Jan Drew" wrote:
CONCLUSION: Self-referred patients with health
complaints attributed to dental amalgam are a heterogeneous group of
patients who suffer multiple symptoms and frequently have mental disorders.
There is a striking similarity with the multiple chemical sensitivity
syndrome."

And published in a journal dealing with psychosomatic conditions.

Thanks for the heads-up, Jan. As we suspected, people claiming damage
from tooth fillings "frequently have mental disorders".

Do you ever read what you post?
--
Peter Bowditch aa #2243
The Millenium Projecthttp://www.ratbags.com/rsoles
To email me use my first name only at ratbags.com

Thanks for letting people read my words again, Jan, but you didn't
really offer any response. Were you just trying to demonstrate that
people claiming damage from dental fillings frequently have mental
disorders?
--
Peter Bowditch aa #2243
Australian Skeptics http://www.skeptics.com.au
To email me use my first name only at ratbags.com
Old June 14th 07, 03:40 AM posted to sci.med.dentistry,sci.materials,sci.physics.electromag,misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health
Simplicio

Peter Bowditch wrote:
Thanks for letting people read my words again, Jan, but you didn't
really offer any response. Were you just trying to demonstrate that
people claiming damage from dental fillings frequently have mental
disorders?

you know what the difference is between you and someone who has
been posioned by amalgam. You would never have the brains to
figure it out.

Old June 14th 07, 10:23 AM posted to sci.med.dentistry,sci.materials,sci.physics.electromag,misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health
Peter Bowditch

Simplicio wrote:

Peter Bowditch wrote:
Thanks for letting people read my words again, Jan, but you didn't
really offer any response. Were you just trying to demonstrate that
people claiming damage from dental fillings frequently have mental
disorders?

you know what the difference is between you and someone who has
been posioned by amalgam. You would never have the brains to
figure it out.

The difference between me and "someone who has been poisoned by
amalgams" is the difference between someone with several amalgam
fillings installed over a period of decades and who suffers absolutely
no ill effects (me) and someone with a psychosomatic illness who
imagines that their teeth are doing them harm.

See, it's easy if you try, even for someone with as little brain power
as I have.

Now, go back and read the original post, in which a study is reported.
In that study it was suggested that people who claimed to be harmed by
dental amalgam "frequently have mental disorders". Their words, not
mine. Quoted by an antiamalgamist. Even though I was neither the
person who made the original comment nor the person who quoted it
(possibly without reading it first), I have to agree with the
sentiment.

--
Peter Bowditch aa #2243
Australian Skeptics http://www.skeptics.com.au
To email me use my first name only at ratbags.com
Old June 14th 07, 02:08 PM posted to sci.med.dentistry,sci.materials,sci.physics.electromag,misc.health.alternative,misc.kids.health
Simplicio

Peter Bowditch wrote:
Simplicio wrote:

Peter Bowditch wrote:
Thanks for letting people read my words again, Jan, but you didn't
really offer any response. Were you just trying to demonstrate that
people claiming damage from dental fillings frequently have mental
disorders?

you know what the difference is between you and someone who has
been posioned by amalgam. You would never have the brains to
figure it out.

The difference between me and "someone who has been poisoned by
amalgams" is the difference between someone with several amalgam
fillings installed over a period of decades and who suffers absolutely
no ill effects (me) and someone with a psychosomatic illness who
imagines that their teeth are doing them harm.

The difference is that the amalgam they had installed released a lot
more mercury. Even after posting all these years you can't comprehend
that
all amalgams aren't the same. Is that such an amazing concept for a
"follower" like you. They aren't all mixed the same, they aren't
all made of the same material such as the unstable high copper
variety, some undergo galvanic reactions and so on. Sometimes dentists
even drill into amalgams that are internally corroded with a high
speed drill. That's why the manufacturer posted warnings about amalgam
in 97 when they undergo electrochemical reactions. Do you know what
"electrochemical" means.

See, it's easy if you try, even for someone with as little brain power
as I have.

Why don't you rent a meter and measure the Hg coming of a "typical"
amalgam.
It's easier to bash keith for not using a meter to measure the
resistance, but
acting as a pro-amalgam advocate without bothering to even rent the
cheap
equipment to measure the mercury vapor isn't too bright. Try measuring
it.

Now, go back and read the original post, in which a study is reported.
In that study it was suggested that people who claimed to be harmed by
dental amalgam "frequently have mental disorders". Their words, not
mine. Quoted by an antiamalgamist.

Psychology isn't science. why parade made up baloney in the place of
real science unless it's necessary as a crutch to compensate for lack
of scientific literacy. I can make up a psychology theory too. People
in my questionarre who support amalgam show signs or retroactive
clincal scientific brainswashing disorder, a sub classification of
groupthink. It is also evident that people who allow the installation
of amalgams by dentists are "enablers" a well estabished
psychological disorder.

It's obvious you don't have a scientific bone in your body, and thats
lucky for
you, because if you had been posioned by amalgam you never would have
figured it out. That makes you LUCKY, not right.

If you want to state right here and now what the upper limit on % Hg
release is
for ANY installed amalgam in the US (or Australia) and skip the
psychological baloney, (Something the dentists on the group have
refused to do for years)please go right ahead ...Oh, that's right...I
didn't think so.

Even though I was neither the
person who made the original comment nor the person who quoted it
(possibly without reading it first), I have to agree with the
sentiment.

Learn the difference between fact and opinion which is really a 2nd
grade
skill.