At 32 weeks.....

Old March 24th 04, 07:34 PM
Jill

Default At 32 weeks.....

This week has been ok. Not so much nausea this week, I still have a low
appetite but I think I have been eating a lot more calories etc. I'm up like
2 pounds (still below my pre-preg weight)....I'm still wondering if I am
suddenly (in the last 8 weeks) going to shoot up in weight or will stay at
this very gradual, slow, minimal weight gain. My stomach is huge so I have
times where I am breathless and uncomfortable etc, and am tired. I have some
issue with bending over, it seems to really take my breath away so I try not
to bend over a lot- no toe touches, lol.

I have not had any more BH contractions lately, for a couple weeks there I
was having cramping and contractions in the evenings but not so much this
week. I have had isolated pains on one side or the other, I assume ligament
pains...these are higher up, around my ribs- the cramping/contractions are
always low. These (ligament?) pains are also kind of sharp and not at all
cramplike...they don't last long. I had one on my right side 2 days ago, and
was starting to worry it could be my appendix. It felt like a stitch in the
side, and went away in less than an hour. ?? Last night I had a sudden sharp
pain on my left side in the same place as where the right side was. It took
my breath away and was so sharp I couldn't walk, talk, lie down or breathe
without it hurting. I wondered if I'd need to call the doctor, but was
hesitant and it ended up going away -- the bad pain eased up after 20
minutes and then in a couple hours it all felt better. Ugh! I did notice the
baby moving in that very area when it started to feel better so it must have
been due to stretching or something. So it's just weird little, brief
episodes like that that I have been dealing with, no major longlasting pains
or anything.

I'm sleeping a lot, and sleeping pretty comfortably. I have had some
headaches but none too terrible..they seem to be more frequent though. I pee
30 times an hour. That's kind of bothersome.

And like people told me she would at this time, the baby has slowed down in
her movements...No big fish rolls and not a lot of kicks, her movements are
stronger and slower, she does move all day, but there's not a lot of fast or
wide movements. I think she is running out of room! She does get hiccups
still. The most curious movement to me is the one that is really low in my
pelvis,near my pubic bone. If she hasn't turned, it has to be her head or
maybe hands...it's a light "thump, thump...thump"...it never gets stronger
but it goes on forEVER when it starts, and it is as steady as the
seconds-hand on a watch...like she is just tapping and tapping me! I would
LOVE to see what exactly she is doing! It kind of tickles but sometimes
feels like she is using my bladder as a trampoline.

Haven't had any shower yet, it's Wednesday next week (the day after my
midwife visit!)....we have still accumulated some stuff. We have crib and
furniture (no mattress yet), clothing, and 1 of everything we will need for
the changing area- 1 bag of diapers, 1 of wipes, 1 diaper cream, etc. I know
the diapers won't last except for a few days but I feel better knowing we
have a couple days worth of supplies. I didn't stock up on diapers because I
want to know how she is shaped etc, and I am sure we will get more at our
shower. I did want a stocked changing area though just in case she comes
early. We also have a bouncy seat and plenty of blankets. The only things we
really need are the crib mattress and the infant car seat. Someone bought us
the stroller of the travel system- it's marked off our registry, but the car
seat part is still there. This is probably a gift that several people
contributed money for, and also probably they went with what was in stock at
the location they shopped at. That will help us out a lot-- there are a few
things that if we don't get we are definitely going to buy ourselves before
the baby gets here- a Graco Pack and Play, the car seat, etc.

I am getting so...excited yet nervous! My husband isn't nervous...er, his
maleness claims he isn't, but I expect I will laugh the first time I see him
hold her. He is pretty cocky about claiming he knows he won't break her, he
knows to support her neck etc. He IS gentle with holding pets and kids but
he hasn't been around newborns and no matter what he says, he is going to
look petrified when he holds her the first time, and he WILL worry about
"breaking" her. Lol!! He will get comfy quickly, but I still KNOW it will
hit him- he will have a moment of realizing he's holding a fragile little
baby. (I know all this and HAVE been around newborns some, and I still know
*I* will have that feeling myself..it's just funny watching him try to play
it cool).

Jill

Old March 24th 04, 09:22 PM
Vicky Bilaniuk

Jill wrote:

If she hasn't turned, it has to be her head or
maybe hands...it's a light "thump, thump...thump"...it never gets stronger
but it goes on forEVER when it starts, and it is as steady as the
seconds-hand on a watch...like she is just tapping and tapping me! I would

Hiccups? I have felt something like this, too, and I've assumed it to
be hiccups.

I am getting so...excited yet nervous! My husband isn't nervous...er, his
maleness claims he isn't, but I expect I will laugh the first time I see him
hold her. He is pretty cocky about claiming he knows he won't break her, he
knows to support her neck etc. He IS gentle with holding pets and kids but
he hasn't been around newborns and no matter what he says, he is going to
look petrified when he holds her the first time, and he WILL worry about
"breaking" her. Lol!! He will get comfy quickly, but I still KNOW it will
hit him- he will have a moment of realizing he's holding a fragile little
baby. (I know all this and HAVE been around newborns some, and I still know
*I* will have that feeling myself..it's just funny watching him try to play
it cool).

I will have a look of both total fear and total love on my face the
first time, I'm sure. I have never held a newborn before. Actually, I
have very little experience with babies, period. I'm scared. ;-)