GSE and flavor of BM?

Old November 3rd 05, 07:14 PM
Patagonia

Default GSE and flavor of BM?

Anyone know whether taking GSE capsules would alter the flavor of the bm? I
tried some of the drops in water the other day and it was some majorly
*nasty,* bitter-tasting stuff. So I will *not* be doing the GSE that way.
But my concern is whether it would make the bm tast off? Wouldn't want to
starve poor dd or make her think that bm isn't yummy anymore . . .

Old November 3rd 05, 08:20 PM
Cuddlefish

Patagonia wrote:
Anyone know whether taking GSE capsules would alter the flavor of the bm? I
tried some of the drops in water the other day and it was some majorly
*nasty,* bitter-tasting stuff. So I will *not* be doing the GSE that way.
But my concern is whether it would make the bm tast off? Wouldn't want to
starve poor dd or make her think that bm isn't yummy anymore . . .

I am certain bm changes depending on what mum consumes. However, the
change would be so slight and so fleeting that I wouldn't worry too much.

I had chili two days in a row. Poor little guy - he loved the feed, but
hated the ensuing gas. ;-)

Jacqueline
Old November 3rd 05, 09:38 PM

Patagonia writes:
: Anyone know whether taking GSE capsules would alter the flavor of the bm? I
: tried some of the drops in water the other day and it was some majorly
: *nasty,* bitter-tasting stuff. So I will *not* be doing the GSE that way.
: But my concern is whether it would make the bm tast off? Wouldn't want to
: starve poor dd or make her think that bm isn't yummy anymore . . .

Just for us ignoramuses, what is GSE?

Larry
Old November 4th 05, 12:34 AM
Patagonia

wrote in message ...
Patagonia writes:
: Anyone know whether taking GSE capsules would alter the flavor of the
bm? I
: tried some of the drops in water the other day and it was some majorly
: *nasty,* bitter-tasting stuff. So I will *not* be doing the GSE that
way.
: But my concern is whether it would make the bm tast off? Wouldn't want
: starve poor dd or make her think that bm isn't yummy anymore . . .

Just for us ignoramuses, what is GSE?

Larry

Sorry - it's Grapefruit Seed Extract. One of the many things I am trying in
my search (so far in vain) for something to eradicate dd's thrush.

Old November 4th 05, 12:35 AM
Patagonia

.

I am certain bm changes depending on what mum consumes. However, the
change would be so slight and so fleeting that I wouldn't worry too much.

I had chili two days in a row. Poor little guy - he loved the feed, but
hated the ensuing gas. ;-)

Jacqueline

I hope you are right - I am going to try to get the capsules sometime this
weekend. I just hope it doesn't make bm taste like that water I had -
yuck!!!!!

Old November 4th 05, 12:09 PM
Sue

"Patagonia" wrote in message
Sorry - it's Grapefruit Seed Extract. One of the many things I am trying

in
my search (so far in vain) for something to eradicate dd's thrush.

Are there not any real medications that are used for thrush?
--
Sue (mom to three girls)

Old November 4th 05, 12:24 PM
Patagonia

"Sue" wrote in message
news:wvidnW1xmNfq0vbenZ2dnUVZ_tqdnZ2d@wideopenwest .com...
"Patagonia" wrote in message
Sorry - it's Grapefruit Seed Extract. One of the many things I am trying

in
my search (so far in vain) for something to eradicate dd's thrush.

Are there not any real medications that are used for thrush?
--
Sue (mom to three girls)

I've tried:

Nystatin
Diflucan
Acidopholus
GSE swab in baby's mouth
Nystatin again (2x as long, bc it was partly effective thje first time)
and I am on the 2nd round of Gentian Violet.

I have taken various things myself, and have had a recommendation for the
GSE capsules. We are in our 9th week with this - very frustrating!

Old November 4th 05, 12:59 PM
Sue

"Patagonia" wrote in message
I've tried:

Nystatin
Diflucan
Acidopholus
GSE swab in baby's mouth
Nystatin again (2x as long, bc it was partly effective thje first time)
and I am on the 2nd round of Gentian Violet.

I have taken various things myself, and have had a recommendation for the
GSE capsules. We are in our 9th week with this - very frustrating!

I'm sorry, I just read your last post. Have you tried washing clothes in
very hot water and then putting vinegar in the wash? Also, in your last post
you mentioned stopping the sugars and starches. That might be your best bet
too. How long did you take the acidopholus? Good luck, I hope it goes away
soon. (((hugs)))
--
Sue (mom to three girls)

Old November 4th 05, 01:40 PM
Andrea S

"Patagonia" wrote in message ...

I've tried:

Nystatin
Diflucan
Acidopholus
GSE swab in baby's mouth
Nystatin again (2x as long, bc it was partly effective thje first time)
and I am on the 2nd round of Gentian Violet.

I have taken various things myself, and have had a recommendation for the
GSE capsules. We are in our 9th week with this - very frustrating!

I found Nystatin a waste of time. The only thing that works for us is
Daktarin Orange flavoured oral gel. It always works very quickly and tastes
nice. It does say consult your doc if Breastfeeding, but me and my newborns
were allowed this no problem.

Andrea and baby Erin Elizabeth.

http://www.mypharmacy.co.uk/medicine...n_oral_gel.htm

Old November 4th 05, 01:42 PM
Andrea S

Does your little one ever have any bottles at all?

Andrea.