"Helpful Websites"

Old November 15th 03, 08:10 PM
Jacqueline McKeig

Default "Helpful Websites"

If you are interested in taking a quiz about your knowledge on breestfeeding
do the following:
Go to: http://www.americanbaby.com
Click on All Quizzes on the top left hand side of the screen under Tools &
Guides
Here you will find a quiz called "What's Your Breastfeeding IQ?"
For every question the correct response will be revealed and a reason given.

For additional breastfeeding information:
Type breastfeeding in the search field provided at the top of the page and
many of your questions will be answered. I found this to be a very useful
website.

If you have found a great website to support breestfeeding and answer FAQ
please add your resources to this conversation. Thank you

Old November 15th 03, 09:10 PM
Cheryl S.

Jacqueline McKeig wrote in message
news
If you have found a great website to support breestfeeding
and answer FAQ please add your resources to this conversation. Thank

you

Latching:
http://www.pumpstation.com/bf_basics...-Technique.cfm
http://www.ameda.com/pdf/hold_while_BF.pdf

Nursing toddlers:
http://www.lightparty.com/Health/10R...reastfeed.html
http://www.parentingweb.com/lounge/n...nm_toddler.htm
http://breastfeed.com/resources/arti...dednursing.htm

General:
http://www.breastfeeding.com/
http://www.askdrsears.com/html/2/T020100.asp
http://www.promom.org/
http://www.kellymom.com/bf/index.html

Alternative methods of feeding a breastfed baby to avoid nipple
confusion:
http://www.leron-line.com/Alternative_Methods.htm
http://www.askdrsears.com/html/2/T026000.asp
http://www.kellymom.com/bf/pumping/a...e-feeding.html

Drug interactions:
http://www.babycenter.com/general/ba...feed/8790.html

Benefits of breastfeeding/drawbacks to choosing formula:
http://lactinv.com/just_one_bottle.htm
http://www.ucdmc.ucdavis.edu/pulse/s...eding_research.
html
http://www.promom.org/101/index.html

How to convert a regular bra to a nursing bra:
http://www.sleepingbaby.net/jan/inde...raconvert.html
--
Cheryl S.
Mom to Julie, 2 yr., 7 mo.

Cleaning the house while your children are small is like
shoveling the sidewalk while it's still snowing.

Old November 16th 03, 06:29 AM
azure

[...]

This IQ test is so inane - at worse "If a baby tends to spit up after
feedings, how many times per feeding should he be burped?", and then there's
"At what age can a baby begin to eliminate breast milk from his diet?" -
which is worded poorly given what the "correct answer" is.

---

Old November 16th 03, 10:05 AM
CY

Hehe, I thought I was the only one with that beef! I said 6 months too,
otherwise I would have had a 100% score. tsk tsk tsk!!
news

&

Old November 16th 03, 07:39 PM
AlenasMom

[...]

I absolutely despise this site. It's a long story, but the short of it is
that they spread misinformation and it bothers me to no end.

Websites Kelly Pregnancy 2 July 13th 04 07:22 AM
ACOG vs. Homebirth (also: Pregnant FDA employees: Helpful hint) Todd Gastaldo Pregnancy 0 May 10th 04 06:25 PM
helpful hand chris General 0 February 12th 04 08:43 PM
Are neuroleptics helpful to anyone? Linda Kids Health 0 October 5th 03 09:14 PM