Demanding baby.

Old December 5th 03, 07:26 PM
MCranEY05

Default Demanding baby.

LOL.. Yesterday Shay went in private to poop. She is a shy pooper Anyhow,
she walks into the kitchen, grabs a diaper, and tells me...." I poop!" I wasn't
sure if I heard her right. I asked her to say it again. She then yells "I
POOPED!" and tossed the diaper at me. LOL--17m and making demands on me
already.

Just had to share--*I* thought it was cute

jolinda
Old December 5th 03, 10:17 PM
Jenn

Default Demanding baby - toilet training

In article t,
"esther323" wrote:

"Jenn" wrote in message
In article ,
(MCranEY05) wrote:

LOL.. Yesterday Shay went in private to poop. She is a shy pooper

Anyhow,
she walks into the kitchen, grabs a diaper, and tells me...." I poop!" I
wasn't
sure if I heard her right. I asked her to say it again. She then yells

"I
POOPED!" and tossed the diaper at me. LOL--17m and making demands on me
already.

Just had to share--*I* thought it was cute

jolinda

right on schedule -- and the first step to toilet training - recognizing
they have gone and need a change. if you aren't using cloth diapers,
this would be the moment to switch -- and recognizing is followed by
discomfort and alerting before -- which is the moment when toilet
training is easy

it is a sign of intelligence -- she is on her way

Cool. My baby is almost 18 months and has been alerting me to her poops
after they occur and sometimes before. And sometimes not at all. She also
sometimes grabs her crotch before (I think) she pees. We have a trip to the
grandparents in a couple of weeks and I thought I should wait until after to
start. That would mean waiting another month however.

Should I start now? I mean, should I put her in the cotton train pants,
etc. Or wait until all the traveling is done with?

Esther

we started at 24 months -- they need to know it is coming AND be able
to exert some control and feel uncomfortable in wet pants -- What we did
was wait until we were sure the control level was there and then we did
the train a doll behavioral method shown in the toilet train in a day
book --- it took a weekend and worked immediately for one child -- the
other one learned the steps but didn't want to wear underpants, so we
put him back in cloth diapers and he then decided to be independent a
couple of weeks later. we didn't push, but sort of empathized with how
uncomfortable he must be when he wanted a change and also sort of drug
our heels a bit [being busy and all] in getting to it right away.

The timing issue here is that roughly two tends to be an age when they
have the capacity AND they find it pretty cool to toilet themselves --
when they are older, they may find resistance and chain yanking more fun

in your case I would wait until travel is done and the child is a little
older and more aware -- but close to two might be right

of my 14 nieces and nephews, all but one was trained around two using
this method -- one little guy was much later -- resisting the whole idea
Old December 6th 03, 04:03 AM
esther323

"Jenn" wrote in message

[...]

Yes, I had better not rush DS. She seems to be showing some awareness but
isn't at the point yet where she can articulate clearly. It's just cool to
see her growing up, but sad too!

Thanks for the advice.

My baby came home Wednesday. Kane General 0 October 19th 03 08:47 PM
FA: Snugli Porte Bebe Baby Carrier w/ Free Shipping lbecker General 0 October 18th 03 12:41 PM
Interesting local article on baby names sher General 292 October 1st 03 12:08 AM
RECALL: Baby Walkers Truffles General 7 September 13th 03 03:35 AM
bedtime routine for 3rd baby Nevermind General 4 August 1st 03 12:18 AM