Divorced mom of two

Old June 29th 03, 07:39 PM
CME

Default Divorced mom of two

"turtledove" wrote in message
. com...

"CME" wrote in message

"turtledove" wrote in message
. com...

"CME" wrote in message

"turtledove" wrote in message
. com...

"CME" wrote in message

"turtledove" wrote in message
. com...

"CME" wrote in message

"Kristen313" wrote in message
My advice is to develop thicker skin

Hmmm yeah we should continue the online thing. I think what's

difficult
for him at times is that I'm not always this funny witty all-that kindof
woman... I do laundry, sit and read, I can be pretty boring because hell

my
life can be hectic, and bloody hell, I'm on vacation! He's in for a

rude
awakening when Fall Semester hits. lol I mean, I'm purposely trying to

take
it easy meanwhile he's working (but not supporting us, but I still think
he's a tad annoyed because he hasn't actually seen me during the school

year
where I'm active, goal-orientated, he came here while I was on

vacation.)
So there's a bit of tension sometimes because I feel guilty about doing
nothing (although I do the laundry, cook and take care of the boys etc,

so
in my books it's not entirely nothing.) But on the otherhand, I know I

need
the break because I was severly burnt out last semester and I can not

let
that happen this term.
Anyways, we're starting to work things out because it was a

difficult
transition to make. Sometimes I find he's changed, other times he's my

best
friend, sometimes I feel we have nothing in common, and other times just

him
walking in the door makes me smile. Errrrr my life is full of
contradictions. lol I think what's difficult for me is that I talked to

him
for 6 months online and over the phone... we'd talk for hours, he knows

me
better than anyone so when he got here, it was like a blind date, only

it
wasn't... and then for about a week or so there was this honeymoon

period,
and a month later it's like we've been married for 20 years. We seem to
have skipped a step, a step I think is vital because although I do know

him,
realistically I don't. Do you know what I mean? I've talked to friends
about this, but they can't really help me because they've never been

there.
I'm going to give it time so we can both adjust to real life because I

do
want this to work, I want him in my life... but I'm starting to wonder

if
can spend the rest of my life, with this man, in that way. I feel like
we're friends, more than anything, and is that enough for me? I don't

know.
Ahhh sorry guys for the incoherent ramblings. lol I'm just unloading

what
feel, ANY advice would be appreciated.

Christine

I SOOOOOOOO understand where you are coming from. Friendship is very
important. And yes, it does seem as if you 'skip' a step online. I think
it's because you do a lot of the mental bonding with no physical
bonding....so when the physical bonding comes (and I'm not talking sex,

I'm
talking everything else) it's almost scary in a way. Emotionally
overwhelming at times. So when you run the gamant of emotions that one

has
with a partner from annoyance or anger to happiness and ecstacy...your

highs
are higher than expected, and the lows can take your breath away as
well....because you didn't bond with him emotionally and physically at the
same time..

did that make any sense whatsoever?

I think time will tell. Cammy and I dated for over 2 years before we got
married. We didn't live together, but we may as well have....we were
together 80% of the time. Remember you skipped the dating part of the
relationship. You dated online and on the phone, but not face to face.

Another thing, I was very much used to being a homebody and I'm extremely
independent. Allowing myself to completely fall for someone was extremely
hard for me. Once bitten twice shy and all that. Remember to acknowledge
the fact that you deserve happiness with someone....Doing that is hard.
Allowing yourself to 'let go' with someone is scary...and even after 4

years
with him is still scary at times. As single parents we build up many

walls
that we may not realize. Allow yourself to be happy. Don't be afraid.
Enjoy your life.

feel free to write me anytime if you want. brianne at alpha66 dot com or
pharmchic at hotmail dot com.

hugs,
*bri

Thanks, what you said makes perfect sense to me. lol And I'm going to take
you up on writing once and awhile because this is so weird for me and it's
nice to talk to someone who knows and has made it a success.

Christine

Old June 29th 03, 11:30 PM

In ,
CME typed:
wrote in message
. com...
In ,
CME typed:
wrote in message
. com...
In . com,
turtledove typed:
wrote in message
. com...
In ,
CME typed:
"steveb" wrote in message
(Kristen313) lifted the trapdoor, peered
around and wrote:

Oh, oh, oh can I be on that list??? lmao

Christine

No Christine, and now neither, sadly(?) can I. Merely by posting
here, we are now "involved." LOL

Never fear...

I've already written you both up! So, you are on MY list...so
watch yourself!!

hehe,
*b

Hmmmm. Being on the Queen B's list...is this a good thing or a bad
thing? BTW when dealing with nicknames...I used to be known as
Beasty. Long story, maybe someday I will share it if anyone's
interested.

Betsy
--
Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good
with ketchup.

Well you know you can't just leave it at that! lol Spill it girl.

Christine

OK here it goes. I began working at a local hospital on the night
shift. When my diabetes got so out of control the doctor told me no
more nights, I switched to the day shift. The first day I worked,
they spelled my name wrong when putting up the assignment. Instead
of Betsy, I was called Besty. That was actually pretty cool. "Best"
nurse...Besty. Well after a couple of weeks of being called Besty
every morning the charge nurse made a slip. Subconcious I don't
really know. Anyway, the e came out long instead of short. Thus
the nickname Beasty was born. Of course while telling the story,
one of the Cardiologists overheard and commented, "Don't worry, it's
just Bitch for short." I knew then I really belonged, because that
doctor either ignored you, or picked on you. Once picked on, you
were a true staff member. So I was Beasty to most folks, which was
OK because sometimes I could be a real "beast." LOL! So that's it,
in a nutshell, or not.

Betsy
--
Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good
with ketchup.

LOL Yeah I've always found it a compliment if I was called a bitch
and the like, because I'd rather be known as that, than a pushover.
I'm a strong-headed woman, and if crossed, hell ya I can be a bitch!
lol Besides, I'm finding with my generation, insults can be a term
of endearment. Weird, eh? lol

Christine

Look at the letters in Bitch. They stand for Babe In Total Control of
Herself! I am proud to be one. LOL

Betsy

Old July 1st 03, 01:32 AM
Keith Crabill

just curous i know a joelle who is from the syracuse area i meet at
fishnet festival back in the 80s that wouldnt be u would it

Old July 1st 03, 03:28 AM
Joelle

just curous i know a joelle who is from the syracuse area i meet at
fishnet festival back in the 80s that wouldnt be u would it

No, never been to syracuse and the last time I wore fishnets it was in the 6th
grade, which would have been in the late 60s.

Joelle
If you want to make God laugh, tell him what you are doing tomorrow
Father Mike
Old July 3rd 03, 02:55 AM
dolores

"man hate sucks" wrote in message

"Ring4SaleandMore" wrote in message

Keep in mind we usually reap what we sow and all that.

You dont know you've sown bad seed until it's too late

Old July 3rd 03, 02:57 AM
dolores

"Joelle" wrote in message
I disagree with what you said. And I don't expect everyone who reads

what I
wrote to have a clue, either. LOL You don't.

Why don't you get a clue and learn how to post so we know what the hell

you are
talking about. Not that it would make any more sense if you did...

Joelle
If you want to make God laugh, tell him what you are doing tomorrow
Father Mike

Bad day Joelle?......Vicar still playing hard to get???....LOL

Old July 3rd 03, 03:12 AM
dolores

"Jennifer Valliere" wrote in message
welcome to our group. i am new here also. i am a single mom of one
trying to make it in this world also.

everyone is great in here with giving advice and listening to what you
have to say. you will really enjoy it in here.

LOLOL.....Yeah....until the FBI haul yer ass off! (In loving memory of
Petey)

Dolores

Old July 4th 03, 06:04 AM
dolores

Default Trouble maker is smarter than everyone here, but does not appear to know how to read.

"Kristen313" wrote in message

Nope, still don't see where I admit to come here to cause trouble. I do,
however, admit to having come here to find a group of grown-up,

well-adjusted
single parents. Haven't had any luck with that, either.

It's yer luuuuuucky day Kirsten!!.....

Dolores

Old July 4th 03, 06:42 AM
Kristen313

Nope, still don't see where I admit to come here to cause trouble. I do,
however, admit to having come here to find a group of grown-up,

well-adjusted
single parents. Haven't had any luck with that, either.

It's yer luuuuuucky day Kirsten!!.....

Dolores

Thank you! I am delighted to 'meet' you.