Dr. Phil

Old December 8th 03, 03:49 PM
Lisa aka Surfer

Default Dr. Phil

"CME" wrote in message
newsXWAb.24078$d35.17514@edtnps84...

'Kate wrote in message

On Sun, 07 Dec 2003 23:46:59 GMT, "CME"

Hey! I know how to do that!!! lol Being stranded on the highway

outside
of
Calgary with 2 adult women and 4 kids (one being an infant) sure makes

girl learn quick.. but I will admit to changing into a tight shirt to

get
us
help because EVERYONE passed us, and we did need some help (the spare

was
flat... hey, it wasn't MY van. lol) And you want to know who ended up
stopping after 2 hours??? A woman, then 2 more guys stopped 15 mins

after
her... I thought Albertans were supposed to be friendly? She even

followed
us to the Wal-Mart (on her spare) so we could buy a new tire. Ahhh
summer holidays.

Christine

What a nice woman! We have a highway patrol.. the phone number is on
the back of our window registration sticker. Getting stuck on the side
of a highway is so dangerous.

'Kate

Uhh not here in Canada... honestly, that never even crossed my mind. :|

Christine

I think that's a little naive, read the news. Even after only 10 years, I
have seen a dramatic increase in the number of violent incidents in Eastern
Ontario. Alberta is no exception.

Lisa

Old December 8th 03, 04:11 PM
Lisa aka Surfer

What would you personally
consider makes a 'good man' all political considerations aside?

A good man is a loving, kind, and considerate father. He stands by his
children and spouse regardless of the ups and downs. He communicates
openly with his wife about the children and works with her as a united
team for the benefit of the family unit. He makes himself available and
takes an interest in the children's interests. He wants to spend time
with them because he genuinely likes them.

As a husband, someone who asks, "How are you doing?" and means it.
Someone who is honest, open, trustworthy and will not betray my
confidences. Someone who sees me as a woman and not just a mother,
housekeeper, or any of the other roles that I take on in life... and one
who cherishes the marriage by doing things that are special to us as a
couple. He would be intelligent and make me laugh but know when it's
time to be serious too. He would not be prone to angry outbursts but be
passionate about life and have a wide range of interests. He must be
able to express himself without being demanding or putting others down.

Why Kate, how interesting, that's the exact man that PROPOSED TO ME on
Saturday.

Can you believe it? We're getting married ))))))

Lisa

Old December 8th 03, 07:22 PM
Dennis Here

'Kate 'Kate wrote in message ...

"Andrew

"Dennis Here" wrote in message

And plenty of women know how to stand beside a flat tyred car looking
helpless and letting a gallant male do the job when they are quite

capable
of changing the wheel themselves.

You never think about the obvious until its pointed out. That very example
is one I have done many times. I can also recall getting calls on the

mobile
to dash over and rescue people by changing tyres. I'm going to have to lie
down and review it all now. Hmm.

When you do that, include that many women haven't been exposed to car
repair.

So how do you explain the fact that a woman can work out what has gone wrong
with a complex piece of engineering, like a sewing machine, in a few
seconds, whilst a man cannot?

Dennis

Old December 8th 03, 07:26 PM
Dennis Here

Tiffany wrote in message ...

I have dated men who didn't know **** about a car either BTW.

But could they do the washing without shrinking your woolly jumper?

Dennis

Old December 8th 03, 07:41 PM
Dennis Here

'Kate 'Kate wrote in message ...

Hiya 'Kate! [waving] here I am!

I know, darlin'... but you're so darn far away. If I were there, we'd
have a go at it.

You could always take a year out from your studies to do a bit of travelling
;-)

Dennis

Old December 8th 03, 07:43 PM
Dennis Here

Lisa aka Surfer wrote in message ...

Why Kate, how interesting, that's the exact man that PROPOSED TO ME on
Saturday.

Can you believe it? We're getting married ))))))

So I assume that you said yes then.
Was it a romantic bended knee job?
Just curious.
Congratulations!

Dennis

Old December 8th 03, 07:45 PM
Dennis Here

CME wrote in message ...

"Dennis Here" wrote in message

I'll collect you from Dublin airport ;-)

LOL don't tease me Dennis... I'm a sucker for Irish men.

Phew!
Lucky I'm English :-p

Dennis

Old December 8th 03, 07:48 PM
Joelle

So how do you explain the fact that a woman can work out what has gone wrong
with a complex piece of engineering, like a sewing machine, in a few
seconds, whilst a man cannot?

I can't figure out my sewing machine. When it doesn't work, I take it in to be
repaired ....by a a man.

Joelle
The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page - St
Augustine
Joelle
Old December 8th 03, 07:51 PM
Dennis Here

CME wrote in message ...

Damn, that's what I need right about now.. a man to hold me to his chest

for
strength and comfort...

K, I'm buying that ticket to Ireland. lol

In that case I'll pop into the shower before I drive to the airport. Just
home from a hard day on a building site.
You don't mind a muscular chest and powerful biceps do you?

Dennis

Old December 8th 03, 08:38 PM
CME

'Kate wrote in message

[...]

Uh no actually I'm not naive, I study crime in University... watching the
news is not an accurate portrayal of crime.

Christine