Inexpensive Holiday sites or brochures

Old January 7th 04, 05:18 PM
Colette Collopy

Default Inexpensive Holiday sites or brochures

Hi, anyone got any ideas for inexpensive hols for this year? Want to try and
still give the kids a holiday this year if I can afford it.

Would appreciate all help, ta.

--
Col xx

There's luck in sharing!!

Old January 7th 04, 06:21 PM
Andrew

"Colette Collopy" wrote in message
Hi, anyone got any ideas for inexpensive hols for this year? Want to try

and
still give the kids a holiday this year if I can afford it.

Would appreciate all help, ta.

--
Col xx

There's luck in sharing!!

Hi Colette,

Don't know if you are looking at in UK or out of. If going out I have used
Airline Network and ebookers
http://www.ebookers.com/uk
http://www.airline-network.co.uk/Homepage/Homepage.asp

and most recently lastminute.com for my Amsterdam trip

If looking in the UK I got a couple of brochures from our local Thomas Cook
for child friendly camps, naturally they gave me the Butlins but also some
other similar style camps. I have never been to either so really can't
vouch. If you do go to these please let me know as I am thinking about them
(flights in school holidays are pretty dear!).

Good luck if you do go and have yourself a whale of a time!

Oh yeah, I don't know what age your kids are but if they are of Balamory age
you do know its filmed on Tobermory on Mull and you could do a trip up
there?

What season were you thinking of going? Any types of destination? Scenic,
activity, rural, urban etc? If you give me some guidelines I'll see if I can
think of anything else

Andrew

Old January 7th 04, 06:30 PM
Colette Collopy

Thanks Andrew, have given me lots of food for thought with that lot.
Daughters are 18 ( I know, I know, she's an adult but still my baby haha),
13 and 3 years old so very varied entertainments needed. Have tried the
Haven and British Holidays before and though they may be a little tacky to
some people when you have three children of such varied ages, they are
ideal. Nightlife for the older two, and then the pool etc for the youngest.
Myself, huh, I just plod along with them all. Though I am fortunate in that
my 18 year old sometimes takes my 3 year old out for a couple of hours and I
get some time to myself to chill out.
Thanks again for the info. Have been reading whats been happening to you
over Christmas with your ex-wife taking your daughter to Sweden. At least
now you'll feel more comfortable letting your ex-wife see her. What age is
your daughter? She sounds a little sweety, always wanting it to be 'just me
and daddy'. My little ones like that a bit too.
Col x

Old January 7th 04, 07:42 PM
Andrew

"Colette Collopy" wrote in message
.. What age is
your daughter? She sounds a little sweety, always wanting it to be 'just

me
and daddy'. My little ones like that a bit too.
Col x

She'll be five in March. Yeah, she's a little sweety (well, I think so).
Hmm, a range of 18 to 3 is a real toughie. Thanks for the mention of the
holidays with nightlife and stuff for the kids as well, who cares if anyone
thinks its tacky? The only thing I worry about is I don't want people
'effin' and 'blindin' where my little girl can hear. How was it on that
front?

Andrew

Old January 7th 04, 08:27 PM
Dennis Here

Colette Collopy wrote in message ...
Hi, anyone got any ideas for inexpensive hols for this year? Want to try

and
still give the kids a holiday this year if I can afford it.

Would appreciate all help, ta.

Camping or hostels, or even camping in hostels!
I have done both with Freddie from when he was three.

Dennis

Old January 7th 04, 09:40 PM
Colette Collopy

Had no problems on that score at all. Actually now that you come to mention
it, I didnt hear any swearing at all and no bad behaviour either. I think
those type of places have a bad name for being cheap and nasty but we all
quite enjoyed it. Also if you go to www.havenholidays.co.uk they have
section where they tell you all the special offers that they have. Not at
the moment though too early in the year wait until they open in March then
keep checking the site, cos there are some real bargains. they also have a
link to the British Holidays on that site.

Col x

Old January 7th 04, 09:41 PM
Colette Collopy

Thanks Dennis but not too sure about that being my myself. Might be just me
but I think I'd feel too vulnerable a woman alone with three girls camping.

Col x

Old January 7th 04, 10:42 PM
Tiffany

Dennis Here youreply
wrote in message ...

Colette Collopy wrote in message ...
Hi, anyone got any ideas for inexpensive hols for this year? Want to try

and
still give the kids a holiday this year if I can afford it.

Would appreciate all help, ta.

Camping or hostels, or even camping in hostels!
I have done both with Freddie from when he was three.

Dennis

How do you find out where hostels are located?

Old January 8th 04, 06:30 AM
Cele

On Wed, 7 Jan 2004 21:41:15 +0000 (UTC), "Colette Collopy"
wrote:

Thanks Dennis but not too sure about that being my myself. Might be just me
but I think I'd feel too vulnerable a woman alone with three girls camping.

I'm not in the UK, I'm in Canada, but I've taken my daughters camping
on my own since they were 1 & 3. We had a lot of fun. Now they're 18
(moved out) & 16. The 16 year old still comes camping in the summer
time, but those days are numbered.....

Cele
Old January 8th 04, 05:00 PM
Paul Griffiths

"Andrew" wrote in message

If looking in the UK I got a couple of brochures from our local Thomas

Cook
for child friendly camps, naturally they gave me the Butlins but also some
other similar style camps. I have never been to either so really can't
vouch. If you do go to these please let me know as I am thinking about

them
(flights in school holidays are pretty dear!).

Pete and I have done the Haven places a couple of times and he certainly
seemed to have fun.

We shared a narrow boat one year too. That was excellent fun.

--
Paul Griffiths

Baby Sites melbgal1 Pregnancy 3 February 1st 04 01:17 AM
Remedies for Denial of Holiday Visitation Wizardlaw Single Parents 2 January 21st 04 06:33 PM
Opinions on holiday travel when not feeling well? Jill Pregnancy 6 December 7th 03 10:03 PM