When did you pack your bags?

Old February 9th 04, 06:24 PM
New York Jen

Default When did you pack your bags?

I had 3 dreams the other night that I was in labor and woke up realizing
that my bags aren't packed at all and I don't have much prepared in the way
of "gotta run out the door and get to the hospital" things. I'm due in 4.5
weeks...when did you all pack your bags? I don't remember when I packed
with Laszlo, but I know it was somewhat in advance (don't think it was this
early) and then he came 11 days early. In my psychotic mind, I'm also
thinking that if I pack now, I'll jinx myself into being 2 weeks late! :-)
I'm a little nuts these days!

- Jen, momma to the 2 year old Laszlo Cooper and Lily Parker, due March 13

Old February 9th 04, 06:42 PM
Carol Ann

: I had 3 dreams the other night that I was in labor and woke up realizing
: that my bags aren't packed at all and I don't have much prepared in the
way
: of "gotta run out the door and get to the hospital" things. I'm due in
4.5
: weeks...when did you all pack your bags? I don't remember when I packed
: with Laszlo, but I know it was somewhat in advance (don't think it was
this
: early) and then he came 11 days early. In my psychotic mind, I'm also
: thinking that if I pack now, I'll jinx myself into being 2 weeks late!
:-)
: I'm a little nuts these days!
:
: - Jen, momma to the 2 year old Laszlo Cooper and Lily Parker, due March 13

I read just this morning to go ahead and pack your bag (or at least most of
it) by your 32nd week.

I'm still not sure what I'm taking, but I AM going to begin getting the bag
ready this week.

~Carol Ann

Old February 9th 04, 06:56 PM
Sophie

"New York Jen" wrote in message
. net...
I had 3 dreams the other night that I was in labor and woke up realizing
that my bags aren't packed at all and I don't have much prepared in the

way
of "gotta run out the door and get to the hospital" things. I'm due in

4.5
weeks...when did you all pack your bags? I don't remember when I packed
with Laszlo, but I know it was somewhat in advance (don't think it was

this
early) and then he came 11 days early. In my psychotic mind, I'm also
thinking that if I pack now, I'll jinx myself into being 2 weeks late!

:-)
I'm a little nuts these days!

- Jen, momma to the 2 year old Laszlo Cooper and Lily Parker, due March 13

With #1 - the night before my 38 week appointment. I ended up being admitted
at that appointment and she was born that night!

With #2 - wishful thinking, also for my 38 week appointment. He was
scheduled the day before my due date.

With #3 - I knew when we were having him (39 weeks) packed the night before.

Old February 9th 04, 07:24 PM
Sue

With #1, I wasn't ready because she was two weeks early. But, my water broke
with her and I didn't have any contractions until about 8 hours later. I had
to wash some stuff and get things ready. I had plenty of time though.

With #2, I had a bag packed before the two weeks before I had the first
child, but she came five days late. I definitely was ready for this child if
she came early. )

With #3, I had a bag packed probably 1-2 weeks before hand. She came a day
early. I was also ready with everying at that point.
--
Sue (mom to three girls)

Old February 9th 04, 08:10 PM
DeliciousTruffles

New York Jen wrote:
I had 3 dreams the other night that I was in labor and woke up realizing
that my bags aren't packed at all and I don't have much prepared in the way
of "gotta run out the door and get to the hospital" things. I'm due in 4.5
weeks...when did you all pack your bags? I don't remember when I packed
with Laszlo, but I know it was somewhat in advance (don't think it was this
early) and then he came 11 days early. In my psychotic mind, I'm also
thinking that if I pack now, I'll jinx myself into being 2 weeks late! :-)
I'm a little nuts these days!

A week ago when I was having contractions, about 1hour before we went to
the hospital. LOL! Some of it is still packed but I'll re-pack when
the contractions start getting more intense again.

--
Brigitte aa #2145
edd #3 February 15, 2004

~ Harriet Martineau

Old February 9th 04, 08:17 PM
Donna

"New York Jen" wrote in message
. net...
I had 3 dreams the other night that I was in labor and woke up realizing
that my bags aren't packed at all and I don't have much prepared in the

way
of "gotta run out the door and get to the hospital" things. I'm due in

4.5
weeks...when did you all pack your bags? I don't remember when I packed
with Laszlo, but I know it was somewhat in advance (don't think it was

this
early) and then he came 11 days early. In my psychotic mind, I'm also
thinking that if I pack now, I'll jinx myself into being 2 weeks late!

:-)
I'm a little nuts these days!

If you are only a *little* nuts this close to delivery, you are doing way
better than most.

I had my bag packed and stowed in the car about 4 weeks before my delivery
date. But I'm the tiniest bit obsessive, so don't use me as a model for
that. FWIW, you really don't need anything, so, although I'm not
recommending this, if you do happen to end up at the hospital without a bag,
that wouldn't be a huge crisis. I mean, someone can be sent out for bottled
water, socks and luna bars, you know?

Best wishes, and great luck. How close are you, exactly?

Donna

Old February 9th 04, 11:40 PM
Chotii

"New York Jen" wrote in message
. net...

I'm due in 4.5
weeks...when did you all pack your bags? I don't remember when I packed
with Laszlo, but I know it was somewhat in advance (don't think it was

this
early) and then he came 11 days early. In my psychotic mind, I'm also
thinking that if I pack now, I'll jinx myself into being 2 weeks late!

:-)
I'm a little nuts these days!

I can't remember. I think when I was about 38 weeks I suddenly had a
revelation - I mean, I'd been on bedrest and in mortal fear of premature
delivery for so *very* long, and then I was off bedrest and actually
experiencing a 'lug around the belly' pregnancy at last, and somewhere
around 38 weeks I looked at my husband and said, my god, what do I take to
the hospital? So I did a google search, found some lists, and put together a
bag. Then it sat there for another week and a half.

--angela

Old February 10th 04, 05:59 AM
Sharon

"New York Jen" wrote in message .net...
I had 3 dreams the other night that I was in labor and woke up realizing
that my bags aren't packed at all and I don't have much prepared in the way
of "gotta run out the door and get to the hospital" things. I'm due in 4.5
weeks...when did you all pack your bags?

About 15 minutes before my daughter was born!

Sharon
Mom to James 6.2.00
and Sophie 12.1.03
Old February 10th 04, 06:43 AM
Al Bell

"New York Jen" writes:

I had 3 dreams the other night that I was in labor and woke up realizing
that my bags aren't packed at all and I don't have much prepared in the way
of "gotta run out the door and get to the hospital" things. I'm due in 4.5
weeks...when did you all pack your bags?

If your ob/gyn or midwife ever tells you at a routine prenatal checkup,
"Your blood pressure is a little high," start carrying a toothbrush and a
small bag of emergency essentials with you whenever you go to another
checkup, because you never know when your provider will decide that you
have to be checked for preeclampsia.

My doctor started talking about preeclampsia when I was about 7 months
pregnant, and I knew from this newsgroup, even though my doctor didn't
talk about it, that suspicion of preeclampsia could land me in the
hospital for observation without any warning. I felt foolish carrying
around a nightgown and a toothbrush to every subsequent checkup, but I
almost used it at 32 weeks, when I went in for half a day of observation,
and then I did use it at week 36, when I went in to have my daughter.
Old February 10th 04, 09:42 AM
Cheryl

On Mon, 09 Feb 2004 18:24:34 GMT, "New York Jen"
wrote:

I had 3 dreams the other night that I was in labor and woke up realizing
that my bags aren't packed at all and I don't have much prepared in the way
of "gotta run out the door and get to the hospital" things. I'm due in 4.5
weeks...when did you all pack your bags? I don't remember when I packed
with Laszlo, but I know it was somewhat in advance (don't think it was this
early) and then he came 11 days early. In my psychotic mind, I'm also
thinking that if I pack now, I'll jinx myself into being 2 weeks late! :-)
I'm a little nuts these days!

After my waters broke with #1 and #3 (I actually only packed a "just
in case" bag with #3 and regretted it because I'd forgotten a few
essentials - like my _camera_!) and when my induction was scheduled
for #2. Most people don't get that much warning so packing it now is
probably not a bad idea. I keep duplicates of some stuff for travel
anyway so it wouldn't be hard for me to have my toiletries and so
forth packed for a few weeks.

--
Cheryl
Mum to DS#1 (11 Mar 99), DS#2 (4 Oct 00)