double stroller advice needed

Old July 17th 03, 12:32 PM
Robert Huwe

Default double stroller advice needed

I am going through the questions myself. I am having triplets and have had
to decide how we wanted to do the stroller bit. The triplet strollers all
start around $5-600 and they are big, heavy and unwieldy. It was suggested
to us to use a single and a double stroller, because the majority of the
time I would not be going out alone with all three babies. Of the double
strollers we looked at, the DuoGlider was the one we liked the most. We
asked other people who had been using that stroller and heard nothing but
good comments about it. They said it was easy to maneuver, and you could
fold it up one handed without any problems. They all said that if they had
to do it again, they would still use the DuoGlider.

The problems I see with the side by side ones is that they are wide, it's
hard to go down store aisles. This frame one looks kind of neat, but there
is no room for growth when the kids get out of the infant seats. You'd end
up having to purchase another stroller, so are you really saving any money?

Just my thoughts.

Gayle

"Cheryl M. (ChatBrat)" wrote in message
Here's another option:

http://www.babysupermall.com/main/pr.../bti00554.html

It's a car seat frame stroller. It allows you to use your car seats to

form
the seat and place them directly in the stroller frame. While I didn't

have
twins, I absolutely *LOVED* my single stroller frame while it lasted.
Eventually, they will outgrow this and you'll need to buy a separate
stroller. At least it's not the heavy outlay of the Perego ... and it

will
allow you to use the car seats. I tell you, this in invaluable when

they're
little. I can't tell you how much I miss the option now that DD is bigger
and has to be physically moved from her car seat and placed in her

stroller
every time we stop somewhere. It was so much easier to lift a sleeping
infant out in her car seat and plunk it in the frame.

HTH,

theother Cheryl

"Jen in South Florida" wrote in message
(crossposted)

Okay, we need to start deciding about baby gear soon. We've
looked at the options for double strollers and just can't decide.
I welcome any and all advice.

If it matters at all, we live in a car-oriented area. It's just
not possible to walk to any restaurants or shopping areas. It's
also sub-tropical here, we only have a few days each winter that
might require a light windbreaker, so the babies won't need to be
bundled up very often.

What I really need to know is - how important was the "travel
system" stroller to you? How big of a deal is it to be able to
put the car seats on the stroller?

We've found two front and back double strollers that accomodate
two car seats. There are lots of double strollers that accomodate
one car seat and an older child, but only these two will hold two
car seats:

1) Graco Duoglider (around $250 + 1 carseat)
2) Peg Pergo Duette (around $500 + 2 carseats)

Both of these just seem enormous and are heavy to move around
when folded, never mind with carseats and babies in them. The Peg
Pergo is also a bit more than we really wanted to spend. But,
they are the only way for us to use a travel system setup with
twins. And it seems like it will be really nice to have them in
the stroller in the carseat, if they are sleeping when we get
somewhere they can just stay in the seat and snooze.

The other option is a side by side double stroller. There are
many more options in these, but none of them hold carseats. They
do recline all the way back, so we could still put tiny infants
in them. These strollers look easier to navigate in a store.

I imagine I won't be leaving the house with both babies by myself
a lot in the first few months. I can also see us each wearing a
baby while we are out, it's what we always planned to do with
one. Since we usually go everywhere together, we'll just each
wear one.

Jen
edd 12/20/03 - twins!

Old July 17th 03, 02:31 PM
The Fackrell's

With our twins we have the DuoGlider...its very easy to fold up and
"lightweight"...I easily lift it up and over our rear van doors (which come
about mid chest high)....If cost is an issue, think used!! Think of your
local Parents of Multiples semi Annual C&E (clothing and equipment)
Sale!!....on that note I will add that at every sale we've had here, there
have been tons of Pegs (most looking brand new) for sale...and no
Duo's....which leads me to believe that fellow POM's don't like their Pegs
while they keep their Duo's. Oh, don't forget to actually see if the model
you decide on fits your vehicle or not....*most* stores will let you take
the models outside to check! Don't forget to check out opinions.com!....oh,
and some of the multiples sites will probably have some kind of feedback
pages....hth

--
Gwen, Designer Wraps
SAHM to James (9-98) Austin and Amber (5-02)

tired of eBay? Try these great alternatives!
www.tobuytwo.com ....auction house for families of multiples (but singletons
can use it too!)
www.familyauction.com
www.wahmall.com
www.wahmauctions.com

can someone give me some advice? Krystle N Pregnancy 42 January 21st 04 04:38 PM
Double stroller half-life and logistics Laurie General 10 September 12th 03 07:14 AM
Double stroller half-life and logistics Laurie Pregnancy 0 September 11th 03 04:16 AM
double stroller toypup General 5 July 27th 03 05:41 PM
double stroller advice needed Robert Huwe Pregnancy 1 July 17th 03 02:31 PM