5 month old twins flipping over...no sleep!

Old April 12th 05, 08:09 AM
SMB

Default 5 month old twins flipping over...no sleep!

Hello! I have 5 month old b/g twins. They sleep in the same room in
seperate cribs. They also sleep on their tummies now. They spend all night
& nap time flipping to their backs...waking themselves & each other up &
it starts off as talking. Within 5 minutes it is screaming & they can't go
back to sleep on their backs. This new trick is compounded by the fact
that they are still not sleeping through the night!!! Help!!!
Stacey
mother of James(2years old), William & Camilla

Old April 12th 05, 09:10 AM
Jennifer in Maryland

"SMB" wrote in message
lkaboutparenting.com...
Hello! I have 5 month old b/g twins. They sleep in the same room in
seperate cribs. They also sleep on their tummies now. They spend all night
& nap time flipping to their backs...waking themselves & each other up &
it starts off as talking. Within 5 minutes it is screaming & they can't go
back to sleep on their backs. This new trick is compounded by the fact
that they are still not sleeping through the night!!! Help!!!

That is a very frustrating time...I'm sorry to say I don't have any good
advice. I remember that period of development quite well. Very soon they
do learn to flip back from back to front, and then they can settle
themselves. I recall actually working with them during the day to help them
learn how to turn over from their backs b/c of this very same dilemma!

I hope things improve for you soon!!

Jenny

Old April 14th 05, 01:31 PM
Ellen

Hi Stacey,

This may be a stupid question, but can you just put them to sleep on
their backs in the first place? Obviously that would solve the
flipping over problem. If not, then it really won't be long before
they can get themselves back on to their tummies. You could even help
them "practice" on a blanket during the day

Good luck,
Ellen
---------------
Erin 6/95
Bradley & Alex 10/00

Old April 14th 05, 09:25 PM
Leann and Donald

I have a very similar problem. My daughter is 2 and my twins are 7 months
(4 mos adjusted). They do the exact same thing. And I am EXHAUSTED!!!
Does not seem like you are getting much feedback, but I will be checking
back for the win/win solution ;-)

Leann

lkaboutparenting.com...

Old April 15th 05, 01:14 PM
Jake Mysterio

I found that with my twins that if you wraped them tight this helped but
also you can buy special sheets that have a valcro section on them to Strap
the child in place, they can not roll when you use this as it is attached to
the sheet preventing the rolling motion, (these are also very good to help
prevent SIDS) I am sorry but i cannot remember what they are called.They
work on a similar principle to the old valcro capsules. They worked well
until about 9 -10months old when they started to pull so hard on the valcro
that it would come undone.

Hope this is of some assistance
Cheri
mum to Sean and Jasmine (Turning 3 on Sunday!!)
#3 due June

Old May 24th 05, 09:34 AM
SMB

Hello. My 6 month old b/g twins are still up non-stop. They go to bed
7-7:30pm every night & start waking up for a passifier around midnight. By
3-3:30 they want to eat. Is this normal? What is "through the night?"
Sleeping in general is very hard to make happen. My 2 1/2 year old boy is
geting very affected by this craziness. Is it possible to get twins on a
sleep routine?!? HELP!!
Stacey
mother of James, William & Camilla

Old May 24th 05, 10:06 AM
Fergus Doyle

SMB wrote:
Hello. My 6 month old b/g twins are still up non-stop. They go to bed
7-7:30pm every night & start waking up for a passifier around

midnight. By
3-3:30 they want to eat. Is this normal? What is "through the night?"
Sleeping in general is very hard to make happen. My 2 1/2 year old boy is
geting very affected by this craziness. Is it possible to get twins on a
sleep routine?!? HELP!!
Stacey
mother of James, William & Camilla

Hi, Yup it's possible.

We have 5mo b/g twins.
Last night
g -00:30 07:30
b -02:30 04:45 and this 04:45 is because he's got a cold at the moment.

It's really since we started them on solids that things have calmed
down. We did give them jars but they seemed unsettled so not my wife
has made up some vegetable meals with the liquidiser and they seem much
better. They eat dinner around 7-8pm

We also have a 2 1/2 yr old boy but fortunately he seems to not be
bothered to much, though he did fall out of bed last night at midnight.

I understand also you have to adjust their age for what would have been
term. Ours were about 4 weeks early and quite big just under and over 5lbs.

Oh and it's probably worth mentioning we sleep g in with us (as she has
a problem choking) and b in their room, so they don't disturb each other
in the night.

I wouldn't call it a routine but we are getting more sleep than we were!

Fergus.

Old May 25th 05, 02:17 AM
Megan

Ugh! I feel for you! I guess my twins were "abnormal". They have always
been good sleepers and slept through the night at 10 weeks! Through the
night being like 11P to 5 or 6A.

~Megan~
"Mama" to twins,
Aidan & Alexis

Old May 26th 05, 06:43 AM
Sophie

Oh well I hope mine will soon sleep through the night as well !!!

Sophie
Mummy to Héloïse 21/11/2002
Caroline and Alexandre 29/04/2005

Old May 26th 05, 07:26 PM
Megan

Sophie,
I think you have a couple more weeks!
How's the BFing going? E-mail me when you get a chance. They are almost
1 mo. old!!!

~Megan~
"Mama" to twins,
Aidan & Alexis