Bill for Banning Amalgam Reintroduced

Old September 1st 06, 09:13 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,sci.med.dentistry,sci.med,misc.kids.health,misc.headlines
Jan Drew

Default Bill for Banning Amalgam Reintroduced

"Alexander Vasserman DDS" wrote:
typical repeated diversion (of like kind) snipped

By DISHONEST dentists.

Vernon wrote:
"Jan Drew" wrote in message
http://www.talkinternational.com

Bill for Banning Amalgam Reintroduced
A bill for banning amalgam dental fillings has been (re)introduced to
the
house by Congresswoman Diane Watson. The bill is HR 4011.
Congresswoman Watson's staff has encouraged us to get behind the bill
and
has asked the International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology to
have its members contact their local representatives.

We also strongly encourage the public to also do so. Please let them
hear
your voice!

Good. I don't know how it will go, but I have doubts it will pass.

Old September 1st 06, 10:24 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,sci.med.dentistry,sci.med,misc.kids.health,misc.headlines
Rich

"Jan Drew" wrote in message
m...

Peter is a PROVEN liar, Proven deceiver--and SPAMMER.

Just like YOU!!

The PROVEN liar in this newsgroup is YOU, Jan. Remember "I posted it with
the permission of the author"? That was a LIE, Jan, and everybody here knows
it. YOU are a liar and a thief, and you are in no position to be falsely
accusing others of lying. So stop it.
--

--Rich

Recommended websites:

http://www.ratbags.com/rsoles
http://www.acahf.org.au
http://www.quackwatch.org/
http://www.skeptic.com/
http://www.csicop.org/

Old September 1st 06, 10:26 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,sci.med.dentistry,sci.med,misc.kids.health,misc.headlines
C.J. Thomas

Jan,

You claim to be poisoned by mercury...but do you have proof? You also are
so very quick and insulting a lot of people who post here on this board.
Please explain to all of us how you were poisoned by mercury and your proof,
please.

"Jan Drew" wrote in message

"Mark Probert" wrote in message
Peter Bowditch wrote:

http://www.talkinternational.com

Bill for Banning Amalgam Reintroduced
A bill for banning amalgam dental fillings has been (re)introduced to
the house by Congresswoman Diane Watson. The bill is HR 4011.
Congresswoman Watson's staff has encouraged us to get behind the bill
and has asked the International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology
to have its members contact their local representatives.

We also strongly encourage the public to also do so. Please let them
hear your voice!

Excellent news for dentists. If amalgams are banned there will be tens
of billions of dollars going into dentists' pockets.

Good point.

Another all about $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

I understand that the alternatives to amalgams take longer
to use, and, do not last as long.

YOU do NOT understand.

Using a simple business model,
patients and insurance companies will have to come up with more money to
pay for non-amalgam restorations.

While people can and are P O I S O N E D!!

What happened to your UDP??

I knew you could NOT do it. Don't you read what you post?

This bill could be rightly called the Dentist Full Employment Act.

By YOU--DISHONEST!!

The bill if FACT has the rightfully name.

Bill for Banning Amalgam Reintroduced.

Old September 1st 06, 12:17 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,sci.med.dentistry,sci.med,misc.kids.health,misc.headlines
Peter Bowditch

"Jan Drew" wrote:

"Alexander Vasserman DDS" wrote in message
roups.com...
This bill is a waste of time and money.

No, the bill is not a waste of time. In fact mercury amalgams should have
never been
used.

They never have been used. A "mercury amalgam" would be a liquid at
body temperature and would slosh out of a tooth when the toothholder
moved his or her head. You have been told this before, so why do you
keep repeating the idiotic use of the meaningless term "mercury
amalgam"?

The first dentists to use them were call QUACKS.

Why, oh why do you keep repeating this lie when you have been given
comprehensive evidence that the word "quack" was in use hundreds of
years before amalgam was used to fill teeth?

snip repeated insanity
--
Peter Bowditch aa #2243
Australian Skeptics http://www.skeptics.com.au
To email me use my first name only at ratbags.com
Old September 1st 06, 12:18 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,sci.med.dentistry,sci.med,misc.kids.health,misc.headlines
Peter Bowditch

"Jan Drew" wrote:

Peter is a PROVEN liar, Proven deceiver--and SPAMMER.

Proven by whom? Not you.
To email me use my first name only at ratbags.com
Old September 1st 06, 01:30 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,sci.med.dentistry,sci.med,misc.kids.health,misc.headlines
D. C. Sessions

In message , C.J. Thomas
wrote:

it usually costs more for the patient to place a composite filling, so the
if dentists were in it just for the money, why wouldn't the opt for the
more expensive treatment?

A lot of insurance plans don't cover anything else.

--
begin signature.exe
A:*Because*it*messes*up*the*order*in*which*people* normally*read*text.
Old September 1st 06, 02:06 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,sci.med.dentistry,sci.med,misc.kids.health,misc.headlines
Mark Probert

David Wright wrote:
In article ,
Mark Probert wrote:
Peter Bowditch wrote:

http://www.talkinternational.com

Bill for Banning Amalgam Reintroduced
A bill for banning amalgam dental fillings has been (re)introduced to the
house by Congresswoman Diane Watson. The bill is HR 4011.
Congresswoman Watson's staff has encouraged us to get behind the bill and
has asked the International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology to have
its members contact their local representatives.

We also strongly encourage the public to also do so. Please let them hear
your voice!
Excellent news for dentists. If amalgams are banned there will be tens
of billions of dollars going into dentists' pockets.

Good point. I understand that the alternatives to amalgams take longer
to use, and, do not last as long.

That's not quite true -- gold lasts longer. But it's a lot more
expensive.

I was not thinking about gold restorations, but was not being clear, either.

Best solution: brush at least twice per day, use fluoridated
toothpaste, and floss. Dental sealants for the kids are also a good
idea. The cheapest filling is the one you never get.

Agreed. And see your dentist twice a year for a comprehensive cleaning.

Too bad Gohde
wasn't able to follow this natural practice.

Old September 1st 06, 03:19 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,sci.med.dentistry,sci.med,misc.kids.health,misc.headlines
vernon

"Alexander Vasserman DDS" wrote in message
oups.com...
We should have a bill to ban typewriters now that we have computers.

Vernon wrote:
"Jan Drew" wrote in message
http://www.talkinternational.com

Bill for Banning Amalgam Reintroduced
A bill for banning amalgam dental fillings has been (re)introduced to
the
house by Congresswoman Diane Watson. The bill is HR 4011.
Congresswoman Watson's staff has encouraged us to get behind the bill
and
has asked the International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology to
have its members contact their local representatives.

We also strongly encourage the public to also do so. Please let them
hear
your voice!

Good. I don't know how it will go, but I have doubts it will pass.

Top posters are deranged to begin with.
If amalgam were introduced today, it would be banned in no time by the FDA
and AMA.
There are plenty of economic alternatives.
There is plenty of evidence to make amalgam VERY suspect.
About the only people who get amalgam are the very poor unless the Dentist
is ripping clients off. Locally, crooks charge "exactly" the same for
amalgam and porcelain substitute.

Old September 1st 06, 03:23 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,sci.med.dentistry,sci.med,misc.kids.health,misc.headlines
C.J. Thomas

porcelain fillings versus amalgams? you talking about inlays? they are WAY
more expensive than amalgams...

m...