The Ty Pennington Story

Old September 21st 06, 04:02 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.kids.health
Jan Drew

Default The Ty Pennington Story

"Mark Probert" wrote in message
http://www.adderallxr.com/ty/ty_story/

Story. Anecdote.

©2006 Shire US Inc., Wayne, Pennsylvania

Old September 21st 06, 04:05 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.kids.health
Jan Drew

"PeterB" wrote in message
ups.com...

Mark Probert wrote:
http://www.adderallxr.com/ty/ty_story/

©2006 Shire US Inc., Wayne, Pennsylvania

Promoting drugs again, Markey? The promo doesn't even mention the fact
that Canada has pulled Adderall due to instances of sudden death.
Hopefully, Ty will remain one of the lucky ones. But who knows?
http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news0.../adderall.html

Old September 21st 06, 06:04 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.kids.health
vernon

Vernon wrote:
"Mark Probert" wrote in message
http://www.adderallxr.com/ty/ty_story/

The entire site is just about the most ignorant presentation I have ever
seen.

From you, Vernon, that means that it has something valid to say.

No, it means I have seen a lot of trash and a lot of cons. I recognize them
right away.

As someone who has actually had some training in psychology or behavioral
science,

Was that before or after youbecame a rocket scientist/high ranking
government official, bgtween your eighth and ninth careers?

Before AND during.

I can say that it is an excellent illustration of sick science and
a money making scam.

Sure it is...

UNBELIEVABLE that people get sucked into that trash.

Imagine that a person is sucked in because they want to adequately
function in society.

Oh, boy.

Drugs are the answer to everything.

It makes as much sense as a parent joining a certain Islam sect and
strapping dynamite to their kids and telling them they are expected to
take some dogs with them. THEY absolutely believe the nonsense. There
is no logic to change their mind.

That is an absurd analogy.

See above answer.

When in doubt use drugs or alcohol. You will have a lot of believers and
get a lot of sympathy.

The analagy is precisely right on.
There is no logic to change their mind.

Absolutely pitiful.

How can ANY intelligent person, even without training fall for that,
except to use as a failure excuse.
Of course it is / was on T.V. and there is little or no intellect there.

Old September 21st 06, 06:10 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.kids.health
vernon

"Mark Probert" wrote in message
David Wright wrote:
In article ,
Vernon athere@athere wrote:
"Mark Probert" wrote in message
http://www.adderallxr.com/ty/ty_story/

The entire site is just about the most ignorant presentation I have ever
seen.

As someone who has actually had some training in psychology or
behavioral science,

You're not sure which?

He skipped that class.

Behavioral science IS psychology and V.V.
Take some drugs or have a drink or a dozen.

I used both terms because there are some here who open their mouth with no
education and I just identified two of them.

Old September 21st 06, 06:18 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.kids.health
Rich

"Vernon" athere@athere wrote in message
m...

"Mark Probert" wrote in message
David Wright wrote:
In article ,
Vernon athere@athere wrote:
"Mark Probert" wrote in message
http://www.adderallxr.com/ty/ty_story/

The entire site is just about the most ignorant presentation I have
ever seen.

As someone who has actually had some training in psychology or
behavioral science,

You're not sure which?

He skipped that class.

Behavioral science IS psychology and V.V.
Take some drugs or have a drink or a dozen.

I used both terms because there are some here who open their mouth with no
education and I just identified two of them.

Okay, wise one. Tell us the difference between "punishment" and "negative
reinforcement" as defined by Dr. Skinner. Quickly now; you lose points if
you take time to look it up on the internet. If you indeed studied the
subject, the answer should be already in mind.
--

--Rich

Recommended websites:

http://www.ratbags.com/rsoles
http://www.acahf.org.au
http://www.quackwatch.org/
http://www.skeptic.com/
http://www.csicop.org/

Old September 21st 06, 06:41 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.kids.health
Peter Bowditch

"Vernon" athere@athere wrote:

"Mark Probert" wrote in message
David Wright wrote:
In article ,
Vernon athere@athere wrote:
"Mark Probert" wrote in message
http://www.adderallxr.com/ty/ty_story/

The entire site is just about the most ignorant presentation I have ever
seen.

As someone who has actually had some training in psychology or
behavioral science,

You're not sure which?

He skipped that class.

Behavioral science IS psychology and V.V.

The real school of behavioural sciences in the university I attended
included a couple of other disciplines as well as psychology. I had to
study at least three of them before being allowed to start the first
real psychology course. The prerequisite course for all disciplines
was called BHS103 Introduction to Behavioural Sciences. The main
assignment work I did in that course was nothing to do with psychology
(unless you count the pathological psychology of man-hating
feminists).

Take some drugs or have a drink or a dozen.

I used both terms because there are some here who open their mouth with no
education and I just identified two of them.

--
Peter Bowditch aa #2243
Australian Skeptics http://www.skeptics.com.au
To email me use my first name only at ratbags.com
Old September 21st 06, 06:43 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.kids.health
Rich

"Rich" wrote in message

"Vernon" athere@athere wrote in message
m...

"Mark Probert" wrote in message
David Wright wrote:
In article ,
Vernon athere@athere wrote:
"Mark Probert" wrote in message
http://www.adderallxr.com/ty/ty_story/

The entire site is just about the most ignorant presentation I have
ever seen.

As someone who has actually had some training in psychology or
behavioral science,

You're not sure which?

He skipped that class.

Behavioral science IS psychology and V.V.
Take some drugs or have a drink or a dozen.

I used both terms because there are some here who open their mouth with
no education and I just identified two of them.

Okay, wise one. Tell us the difference between "punishment" and "negative
reinforcement" as defined by Dr. Skinner. Quickly now; you lose points if
you take time to look it up on the internet. If you indeed studied the
subject, the answer should be already in mind.

Too late, Vern. Either you didn't know, or you weren't paying attention. I
really don't believe you have any education in behavioral science OR
psychology. You're just blowing smoke, as usual.
--

--Rich

Recommended websites:

http://www.ratbags.com/rsoles
http://www.acahf.org.au
http://www.quackwatch.org/
http://www.skeptic.com/
http://www.csicop.org/

Old September 21st 06, 07:12 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.kids.health
Janna Hoskin

Rich wrote:
"Rich" wrote in message
"Vernon" athere@athere wrote in message
m...
"Mark Probert" wrote in message
David Wright wrote:
In article ,
Vernon athere@athere wrote:
[...]

Oh, hey, if Vern never gets back to you on that question, can I answer?
I know it!

(And I have a psych degree and have worked as a behavioural therapist
with autistic children, and I take medication for my ADHD.)

-Janna
--
Respite Worker, Calgary, Alberta

Officially diagnosed ADHD February 11, 2005

"Nobody realizes that some people expend tremendous energy merely to be
normal." - Albert Camus
"I want to remake the world; anything less is not worth the trouble." -
Karen Cushman

http://comautworld.blogspot.com
Old September 21st 06, 07:22 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.kids.health
Rich

"Janna Hoskin" wrote in message
Rich wrote:
"Rich" wrote in message
"Vernon" athere@athere wrote in message
m...
"Mark Probert" wrote in message
David Wright wrote:
In article ,
Vernon athere@athere wrote:
[...]

Then I'm sure you know the answer without looking it up. It's a fundamental
concept of Skinner's, and is taught in psycology 101, but people who have
not studied psychology, and a few who have, do not understand the
difference. They also often do not understand that Fred was not
fundamentally opposed to the use of punishment. He just understood that to
be effective, punishment must be consistent and IMMEDIATE.
--

--Rich

Recommended websites:

http://www.ratbags.com/rsoles
http://www.acahf.org.au
http://www.quackwatch.org/
http://www.skeptic.com/
http://www.csicop.org/

Old September 21st 06, 09:40 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,alt.support.attn-deficit,misc.kids.health
Jan Drew

MothWrangler wrote:
PeterB wrote:

Mark Probert wrote:

http://www.adderallxr.com/ty/ty_story/

Promoting drugs again, Markey? The promo doesn't even mention the fact
that Canada has pulled Adderall due to instances of sudden death.
http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/ahc-asc/media...2005_92_e.html

AFAIK, Canada reversed it's 02/05 ban of Adderall XR in 8/05.

http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/ahc-asc/media...2005_92_e.html

Thanks, Nancy...I was thinking that it had been reversed, but I couldn't
find a link.

I guess Petey will will have to come up with some more bull****.

You clearly were promoting drugs. A G A I N!

Mark Probert wrote:
http://www.adderallxr.com/ty/ty_story/

©2006 Shire US Inc., Wayne, Pennsylvania

Review: Dreamer: Inspired by a True Story (**) Steve Rhodes General 0 October 18th 05 11:21 PM
eScrew [email protected] Pregnancy 0 December 20th 04 12:07 PM
MMR - SCIENCE AND FICTION": the Richard Horton story john Kids Health 1 October 11th 04 09:47 PM
Review: Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story (***) Steve Rhodes General 0 June 16th 04 01:02 AM
Birth story: very late and *extremely* long Sidheag McCormack Pregnancy 14 December 13th 03 09:37 PM