newbie needs help

Old July 13th 03, 01:21 AM
Meganabigailpage

Default newbie needs help

I am a new mom with a nine month baby who has been a great nurser. He started
taking an occasional bottle when he was three months old. That worked out well
as i could pump and his dad could feed him at night. I went back to work part
time when Logan was six months old. He would have one bottle during the time I
was gone (4-5 hours a day). He stopped taking a bottle at all several weeks
ago and since he really only eats minimal food he winds up being very hungry
during he time he is with his nanny. She has started bringing him to me to
nurse at work but I know he is hungry-he is much fussier than usual.

We have tried everything we can think of to get him to take a bottle. He does
drink plenty of water out of sippy cup but won't touch milk or formula in
either a cup or bottle.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks,
Megan
Old July 13th 03, 08:44 PM
Patty Reali

"Meganabigailpage" wrote in message
[...]

Have you tried a regular cup - not sippy? Also, you could try a sports
bottle - the kind with a little straw inside that connects to a folding
spout on top - our DS does great with them, and has since about 4.5 months.
Also - have you tried diff temperatures of the milk/formula? Sometimes
(apparently) this works. Didn't do anything for our DS, but others have
reported success.

Good luck!

Patty

Newbie says hello Heather Pregnancy 7 April 29th 04 06:13 AM
UPDATE Happy Birthday - Jan 2004 Due Date...From a Newbie ... Jon Stein Pregnancy 5 December 23rd 03 07:53 AM
Oldtime Newbie :o) (Longish sorry!) Jinxie Pregnancy 6 August 1st 03 06:06 PM
Re Newbie question andrea Pregnancy 0 July 24th 03 09:00 AM
Newbie dad to be Jeridiah Pregnancy 13 July 23rd 03 12:50 AM