so impressed with an aquaintance!

Old July 11th 03, 05:25 PM
Suellen

Default so impressed with an aquaintance!

Hi all,

I have a friend I play volleyball with who went through alot of miscarriages
and treatments to get pregnant. Well, on her last try, she did get
pregnant, and the pregnancy went flawlessly until the little baby was born
premature 2 months. Healthwise, the baby is great. Only problem is for
some reason, she didn't figure out how to latch on nursing correctly. I
don't know if she was given a bottle or pacifier early..My guess would be
yes.

Well, anyway, what I'm really impressed by is that she is exclusively
pumping for her daughter. She says her supply is fine, in the early days
she pumped every time the baby fed, so she was able to ramp up her supply.
She even has a freezer stash that is getting old. She has a PIS she uses at
home. She actually only uses 4 bottles, and one set of horns, so she just
washes the pump parts and bottles out after every pumping session. Her baby
is now 6 months old, and she has gone back to work. She actually is just
using the PIS at home, and uses her Avent ISIS to pump twice at work. Wow!!
I'm giving her as much encouragement as possible through email, but I don't
think she actually needs it.

And, she is planning on keeping this up for the first year. I'm so
impressed...esp since I found out that a childhood friend of mine that I've
kinda been losing touch with decided from day one to formula feed. I think
it is really what you are exposed to. This woman who is pumping, her sister
had nursed/pumped for 4 children and actually wore out a PIS. My childhood
friend's SIL apparently formula fed from the beginning with her 2 children..

--
Suellen mom to
Gabby (4)