new to group

Old November 10th 05, 10:38 PM

Default new to group

hello i'm new to this group. fresh out of divorce { well if you can call
that fresh } any way i have a 7 year old girl hanna and a 6 year old boy
josh . trying to make sure we as mom and dad keep our kids lives as normal
as possible we have joint phys custody and i'm confident in my parenting
abilities the reason for my first post is i need some new idea's for cooking
let's face it mom cooked and left me with hamburger's and such . now i need
to step up in this area any ideas will be apperciated

Old November 11th 05, 01:54 AM
P. Fritz

"'Kate" wrote in message
On Thu, 10 Nov 2005 16:38:51 -0500, the
following was posted in blue dry erase marker:

hello i'm new to this group. fresh out of divorce { well if you can call
that fresh } any way i have a 7 year old girl hanna and a 6 year old boy
josh . trying to make sure we as mom and dad keep our kids lives as

normal
as possible we have joint phys custody and i'm confident in my parenting
abilities the reason for my first post is i need some new idea's for

cooking
let's face it mom cooked and left me with hamburger's and such . now i

need
to step up in this area any ideas will be apperciated

Welcome! Sounds like you have the right idea WRT the kids.

Paul F is really good with recipe ideas. I cook a lot of chicken and
turkey, the occasional brisket, corned beef, or roast/stew. It gets
boring after awhile.

Okay, okay.....one I tried the other night that was quick and
good........lightily floured (and sage) chicken breasts sauted in a frying
pan, when the chicken is done, you take 1/4-1/2 cup of dry vermouth pour
it in the pan and cook into the scraping until about half of it is gone,
then add a table spoon or two of lemon juice just before taking it off the
heat......that mixture is poured of the chicken...........then if you really
have time on your hands you can top it off with the zest from the lemon.
:-)

Old November 11th 05, 02:02 AM
P. Fritz

"P. Fritz" wrote in message

"'Kate" wrote in message
[...]

And another one..........bow tie pasta.........equal amounts of sun dried
tomatoes and green olives.............run both the olives and tomatoes
through a food processor (not at the same time :-) ) oh and make sure
they are pitted olives ;-) to a fine chop consistency. 1/2 cup heavy
cream heated in a sauce pan, then add the tomatoes and olives and a tiny bit
of olive oil, cook until the cream starts to turn pink, then add 1/2 cup of
the water from the pasta, then mix with the pasta......makes a great side
dish.

Old November 11th 05, 02:13 AM
CME

"P. Fritz" wrote in message

"P. Fritz" wrote in message

"'Kate" wrote in message
[...]

Geez Paul, when are you moving in?

Christine

Old November 11th 05, 02:37 AM
P. Fritz

"CME" wrote in message

"P. Fritz" wrote in message

"P. Fritz" wrote in message

"'Kate" wrote in message
[...]

I wouldn't want to give up my kitchen here heehee

Christine

Old November 11th 05, 03:39 AM
CME

"P. Fritz" wrote in message

"CME" wrote in message

Geez Paul, when are you moving in?

I wouldn't want to give up my kitchen here heehee

Hahah trapped! That solves it then, I'm renting a Uhaul. We'll be there in
2 weeks, start grocery shopping.

Christine

Old November 11th 05, 04:54 AM
Kim

"P. Fritz" wrote in message

"P. Fritz" wrote in message

"'Kate" wrote in message
[...]

..... Did I say Marry me yet?

Old November 11th 05, 04:54 AM
Kim

"P. Fritz" wrote in message

"P. Fritz" wrote in message

"'Kate" wrote in message
[...]

Back off he's mine! lol

Old November 11th 05, 05:01 AM
Kim

wrote in message
hello i'm new to this group. fresh out of divorce { well if you can call
that fresh } any way i have a 7 year old girl hanna and a 6 year old boy
josh . trying to make sure we as mom and dad keep our kids lives as normal
as possible we have joint phys custody and i'm confident in my parenting
abilities the reason for my first post is i need some new idea's for
cooking let's face it mom cooked and left me with hamburger's and such .
now i need to step up in this area any ideas will be apperciated

Ok more seriously... Learn to cheat... I do... I make 2 huge dinners over
the weekend... Like monster roasts or make double batches of things like
spaghetti sauce or whatever I want to make and I put it in the freezer for
the week...

I also search online during the week for different recipes that I like to
make that weekend... Print them off, buy the ingredients and cook on my days
off... If the recipe flops then we put it in the "icky" pile and burn it in
the fireplace LOL...

My trick was to always have either lots of fresh fruit and veggies in the
fridge so that if you are late coming home from work or soccer or whatever
you can grab an apple while tossing some of the freezer goodies in the oven
or microwave...

http://www.recipeland.com/ is a pretty decent site to visit and explore most
of the recipes are pretty tasty