Be thankful this isn't your fertility problem!

Old May 25th 04, 01:50 PM
Melody

Default Be thankful this isn't your fertility problem!

Very interesting article on a couple having fertility problems. You'll never
believe what the "problem" is!

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm...irkies.sexlife

Old May 25th 04, 02:09 PM
Unadulterated Me

Melody wrote:
Very interesting article on a couple having fertility problems. You'll never
believe what the "problem" is!

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm...irkies.sexlife

OMG that is so sad, hilarious but sad.

Andrea

Old May 25th 04, 03:26 PM
Welches

Melody wrote in message
Very interesting article on a couple having fertility problems. You'll

never
believe what the "problem" is!

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm...irkies.sexlife

A dr. I know while training was told that for fertility places, checking
that sex is being performed "right" is one of the first things. Tummy button
sex is surprisingly common as a fertility problem!
Another story was the other way:
A couple came into get contraceptives, didn't seem to speak much English,
but eventually chose condoms. The nurse helpfully showed them how to roll it
on, by rolling it onto her finger. The couple nodded and took the free
condoms and left. About 9 months later the couple appeared-lady obviously
pregnant. "congratulations" said the nurse, but the man shook his head
slightly and said "no work". In the resultant conversation that followed it
emerged that the man had carefully put the condom on... his finger.
Debbie

Old May 25th 04, 09:10 PM
Mary Gordon

It doesn't totally surprise me, particularly if someone was raised in
a very conservative religious community of any kind where the facts of
life are not talked about at all.

My grandmother and my grandfather snuck off and got married one
afternoon, and she went home to her house and he went off to his and
they didn't tell anyone. During the few weeks before their little
secret got out, she was afraid to SEE him since she thought she'd get
pregnant just from being in his presence once they were married.

Then speed ahead a few months, when they had figured out sex - grandma
is hugely pregnant with her first child, and didn't know how it was
going to get out. She had no clue - she thought maybe your stomach
split. She was too embarrassed to ask her own mother (who had 10 kids,
all born at home, but obviously NOT in front of the kids - grandma was
the oldest but didn't know anything about childbirth). She had to go
to her mother in law (who was a sympathetic type) to find out. Honest
to goodness, all true.

Mary G.
Old May 25th 04, 11:20 PM
Daye

On Tue, 25 May 2004 08:50:23 -0400, "Melody"
wrote:

Very interesting article on a couple having fertility problems. You'll never
believe what the "problem" is!

I get tired of the jokes about my tubal. Things like, "Oh, so you
found out what causes babies, eh?" But, ohmigod! LOL! I can't
believe they didn't know that you had to have sex to get kids. LOL!

--
Daye
Momma to Jayan and Leopold
Old May 26th 04, 04:38 AM

"Melody" wrote in message ...
Very interesting article on a couple having fertility problems. You'll never
believe what the "problem" is!

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm...irkies.sexlife

Alas, it's probably an urban legend:

http://www.snopes.com/pregnant/nosex.asp

--
C, mama to nineteen month old nursling

4/5 yo sleep problem KD General 4 July 20th 04 09:33 PM
Fertility Desilu General 1 May 27th 04 04:27 AM
Problem with powdered formula joe smith Pregnancy 21 February 16th 04 04:35 PM
Treating the problem Kane General 0 January 24th 04 07:37 PM
3 year old with nap problem Hillary Israeli General 11 December 1st 03 09:32 PM