3 Hour Glucose Test Results & 32 Week Update

Old January 27th 04, 08:03 PM
Carol Ann

Default 3 Hour Glucose Test Results & 32 Week Update

Can't quote the numbers since I can't remember what they were but the bottom
line is that I am slightly high on the scale. Fortunately not so high that
I have to have insulin.

I was, however, told to lower my sugar intake because I AM passing sugar
(huh?). Because of this I am having a Non Stress Test at my 35th week.

I'm up to seeing the doctor every two weeks now. Wow, can I really be this
far along? Amazing! I'm so not ready to have this baby!!!!

Kevin has begun painting the room and I hate to admit it, but I think I
picked a yellow that may be to "lemony" looking. Wow...really bright. He
is painting the trim in a nice white.

We are adding a light switch dimmer, new blinds to go with the John Lennon
valance and a closet organizer. The closet door is old, but we will paint
it white, too.

As soon as everything dries, we are adding the border. I'm so excited to
see it all come together.

Now, I need to figure out what to do with the junk I took out of the room
AND the boxes and boxes of clothes I am going to be removing from my
mother's room (where I sleep). Wow, so much junk.

It occurred to me that my mother has been in that house for nearly 30 years!
Good grief!! No wonder she has a hard time leaving!

Let's see what else???? Oh I am up 5lbs in 3 weeks. Uh-oh. So, she gave
me the "look". Blood pressure was fine. She said I looked good.

I guess I'm on my way. I'm think I'm beginning to get scared........

~Carol Ann
www.bestinatlanta.com/mybaby.html

Old January 27th 04, 08:10 PM
Shena Delian O'Brien

Carol Ann wrote:

I was, however, told to lower my sugar intake because I AM passing sugar
(huh?). Because of this I am having a Non Stress Test at my 35th week.

You're peeing it out most likely. That means you've got too much in your
system and your body is not processing it all before it gets to the bladder.

Which essentially means you need to cut down

Old January 27th 04, 09:49 PM
Ericka Kammerer

Carol Ann wrote:

Kevin has begun painting the room and I hate to admit it, but I think I
picked a yellow that may be to "lemony" looking. Wow...really bright. He
is painting the trim in a nice white.

Picking yellows is really, really hard (and beware--they
can take more coats than usual to cover). Shoot for one midway
between the peaches and the greens for your best bet. If all
else fails, Fuller O'Brien has a lovely yellow called something
like "Happy Daisy."

Best wishes,

Ericka

Old January 27th 04, 11:37 PM
Carol Ann

--
~Carol Ann
: Kevin has begun painting the room and I hate to admit it, but I think I
: picked a yellow that may be to "lemony" looking. Wow...really bright.
He
: is painting the trim in a nice white.
:
:
: Picking yellows is really, really hard (and beware--they
: can take more coats than usual to cover). Shoot for one midway
: between the peaches and the greens for your best bet. If all
: else fails, Fuller O'Brien has a lovely yellow called something
: like "Happy Daisy."
:
:
: Best wishes,
:
: Ericka

Argh! Too late. I think I selected Sunbeam. Geez, the name even screams
brightness. What was I thinking??? !!!

Kevin swears it will tone down with another coat. I'm having doubts, but
STILL don't want to change it! LOL!

I also don't want to invest too much in this particular house since I don't
plan on staying there too long. We do still want to rewallpaper the
kitchen, though. I just can't bare to look at it any longer. What was my
mother thinking? Hmmm....perhaps it runs in the family...this inability to
pick wall colors/patterns???

Blame it on my genes!

Old January 28th 04, 12:44 AM
Kat

"Carol Ann" wrote in message
k.net...

[...]

Glad things are going so well for you Carol Ann! Awesome the baby's room is
almost done. How exciting!
Kat
Mama to Maggie 11/03/01
and #2 EDD 02/01/04

Old January 28th 04, 03:24 AM
Carol Ann

:: Glad things are going so well for you Carol Ann! Awesome the baby's room
is
:: almost done. How exciting!
:: Kat
:: Mama to Maggie 11/03/01
:: and #2 EDD 02/01/04

Thanks, Kat.

The room does look nice! Wow, Kevin sure can do allot of work in a short
time. The furniture, however, now looks horrible!!! So, we've decided to
repaint it.

I don't know how to describe the furniture, but I think it's like a french
romantic kinda feel. I had a canopy bed to go with it. Antique white with
gold trim. YUCK on a yellow wall. So, we are changing it to white with
new hardware.

The border, valance and closet organizer still need to be put up, but wowee,
it sure looks cute!!!

With my mother finally returning from her first vacation in years, Kevin and
I will be able to work together on putting the room together and moving on
to the other two rooms in the house.

Wow, is this what they call nesting? I'm not actually doing anything. I
feel guilty. Kevin is doing it all!!

Now I'm babbling.

~Carol Ann

Old January 28th 04, 04:17 AM
Coccinella

Carol Ann,
I am things are looking good for you and your baby. It's only 8 more ww to
go! WOW time has really flown by. Your nursery seems to be almost ready. You
are so good. We just ordered the crib last weekend and it should arrive in
2-3 weeks. My energy is almost completely gone and my brain with it. Plus my
belly is so huge that I think I am going to give birth to Gigantor! I can't
even stand up from the couch in one go. I've become very good at rolling. I
don't know what I will become in 8 weeks, but I start to be scared.
Fortunately I finished the prenatal classes last week. They were fantastic.
I love the hospital, the staff and the idea that they have always 2
anesthesiologists on duty so I can get my epidural at any time of day or
night!
Let us know how you painted the furniture.

Love

--
Nicky

EDD March 26, '04. It's a girl!

Old January 28th 04, 04:39 AM
Ericka Kammerer

Carol Ann wrote:

Argh! Too late. I think I selected Sunbeam. Geez, the name even screams
brightness. What was I thinking??? !!!

;-) Don't feel too bad. Truly, yellows are very hard.

Kevin swears it will tone down with another coat. I'm having doubts, but
STILL don't want to change it! LOL!

It likely will tone down somewhat. If it's still
unpalatable to you, you could probably do a wash over it
with a white or off-white or paler yellow.

Best wishes,

Ericka

Old January 28th 04, 02:43 PM
Kat

"Carol Ann" wrote in message
[...]

Enjoy Kevin doing all the work, soon the roles will be switched:-)
Especially if you are going to breatfeed (the first few weeks the baby is
pretty much attached:-)). Sounds like things are coming together and making
you very happy, Yay!
Kat
Mama to Maggie 11/03/01
and #2 EDD 02/01/04

Old January 28th 04, 04:42 PM
Carol Ann

: I am things are looking good for you and your baby. It's only 8 more ww to
: go! WOW time has really flown by. Your nursery seems to be almost ready.
You
: are so good. We just ordered the crib last weekend and it should arrive in
: 2-3 weeks.

Oh no! I still haven't ordered or even selected any furniture. I do want
an Arm's Reach Co-Sleeper to use for the baby in my room and a crib for her
bedroom and a bassinet or some other type of sleeper for the living room
where my mother prefers to be. I have only the bassinet.

My mother prefers that we shop after my Baby Shower on the 22nd of February.
Oh goodness, time IS running out!! We can only shop on Sunday's together
since we run her liquor store. On February 29th some of her friends have
tentatively scheduled a baby shower here in Columbus.

That means we would only be able to shop either BEFORE the 22nd of February
or the first Sunday in March. Wow, that won't do. I'm due on March 22nd
(though I doubt I will actually deliver at that time). Hmmm....better to
shop BEFORE a Baby Shower or AFTER? ARGH!! Another dilemma! LOL!

In the month of February I have 5 Classes, 2 Baby Showers, 3 doctor's
appointments, 4 Birthdays and a Girl's Only Weekend. Yikes! I feel like my
old self again. I love it!

:My energy is almost completely gone and my brain with it. Plus my
: belly is so huge that I think I am going to give birth to Gigantor! I
can't
: even stand up from the couch in one go. I've become very good at rolling.
: don't know what I will become in 8 weeks, but I start to be scared.

Wow, my measurements are 43x43x43. I feel a bit uncomfortable at nite. But
overall, I'm feeling pretty good. I do tend to sleep a bit more than I had
been (though I believe it's because my mother has been gone which allows me
to relax a bit).

I don't do much at work except sit in the office, play on the computer, read
books and magazines....it's horrible. Trust me, this type of lifestyle is
the worst I've ever experienced! I prefer a more fast paced, activity
filled lifestyle. Keeps you young. But this, this is the most mundane, non
brain using job in the world. I don't know how people manage to work in a
clock in clock out type of business. Totally sucks the life out of me.

: Fortunately I finished the prenatal classes last week. They were
fantastic.
: I love the hospital, the staff and the idea that they have always 2
: anesthesiologists on duty so I can get my epidural at any time of day or
: night!

I have 2 more of the prenatal classes. I am also taking Breastfeeding,
Infant CPR and some other prenatal class. I look forward to it!

I did find out that their will be a lacation consultant on hand for my
delivery AND that my doctor will be around during my labor! I'm totally
comfortable with my OB. She said in response to my fear of making an ass
out of myself during labor, "You will surprise yourself, Carol, at how you
will act during labor and delivery." I replied, "Oh No, Dr. Aranas, I
believe it may be YOU who will be surprised".

: Let us know how you painted the furniture.

Will do! Looks like a white enamel will be used. I just know it will make
a huge difference.

~Carol Ann
www.bestinatlanta.com/mybaby.html

Wow, that was a long reply. Must be the caffeine!