Does this sound right (re skipped period)? (x-posted mkp/mkb)

Old May 25th 04, 06:09 AM
CY

Default Does this sound right (re skipped period)? (x-posted mkp/mkb)

My DD is 27 mths. Still bf'ing at least 3 times a day and at least once in
the night (or early hours), sometimes more, never less.

My period will be 9 days late tomorrow. I have had v regular 26-28 day
cycles, except for one cycle which was 32 days, since DD was 7 mths old.

I have taken several pg tests and a blood test, all negative. I feel no
signs of AF nor do I feel pg. My Ob says this is happening because I am
still bf'ing. Does that seem right to you guys? I have not missed a period
since AF came back 20 months ago so why all of a sudden should I skip one
now?

This is really driving me crazy - I cannot come up with anything online
other than references to bf'ing causing someone not to ovulate for "up to a
year or more" after having a child but this doesn't apply to me.

My gut feeling is that something is wrong (a cyst, a fibroid, cancer (I
certainly hope not)). Do you think I should ask for some kind of test
(maybe u/s)? Or wait for another month to see if I have a period next month
(what they are suggesting)? My Ob's office said they will repeat the blood
test in a week if AF still hasn't arrived, but I think that's a waste of
time - if it's negative a week past my expected period, it will be negative
2 weeks past wouldn't it??? And I just don't feel pg!!!

Can somebody please hazard a guess here - I am going out of my mind
wondering what is wrong with me and waiting for AF!

Thanks for reading if you got this far...

The normally v regular CY

Old May 25th 04, 01:31 PM
Ericka Kammerer

CY wrote:

My gut feeling is that something is wrong (a cyst, a fibroid, cancer (I
certainly hope not)). Do you think I should ask for some kind of test
(maybe u/s)? Or wait for another month to see if I have a period next month
(what they are suggesting)? My Ob's office said they will repeat the blood
test in a week if AF still hasn't arrived, but I think that's a waste of
time - if it's negative a week past my expected period, it will be negative
2 weeks past wouldn't it??? And I just don't feel pg!!!

There are quite a few women who get negative
pregnancy tests quite a ways into their pregnancies.
I've heard women who've gone more than a month past
their missed period without getting a positive test
even though they were pregnant. I'd be surprised if
a doctor would advise other tests yet. I'd give it
a little while longer to show up as a positive pregnancy
test before pressing further.

Best wishes,
Ericka

Old May 25th 04, 09:56 PM
hpjeannie

Hello,

You don't mention your age...I had extremely regular periods (every 25
days like clockwork, even while bf'ing) until I turned 39; since then
(I'm almost 43) they've been all over the place. Went to the dr. and
had a complete workup and exam; nothing at all wrong...just early
premenopause they guess. It's a bit of a pain to have to be "ready"
all the time just in case, but not that big a deal. We're happy with
just the one kidlet so the earlier they stop, the better, sez I.

Jeannie

Old May 26th 04, 12:23 PM
Andrea

"CY" wrote in message..
Don't think thats the case for me - I'm 31...

It isn't impossible. I am prepared as my mother and grandmother both had
menopause in their early 30's, followed by uterine cancer(Cancer runs in
both families). They both had a hysterectomy by the age of 35.

That's why I am trying for another baby already.

Andrea mom of 5 TTC #6

Old May 26th 04, 03:25 PM
CY

I agree, but neither my mother or grandmother had anything like that. My
mum is 52 and still not in menopause. I know it's still possible but not as
likely in my case...
"Andrea" wrote in message
et...

Old May 26th 04, 05:34 PM
Andrea

"CY" wrote in message ...

I agree, but neither my mother or grandmother had anything like that. My
mum is 52 and still not in menopause. I know it's still possible but not

as
likely in my case...

Well I am glad menopause is coming early for me cause lord knows how many
kids I would have by 52!

Well doesn't sound like the big M, but you can have some tests to find
out...

Andrea.

Old May 27th 04, 07:08 AM
Akuvikate

"CY" wrote in message news:EyAsc.21280$wa.15505@fed1read07...
[...]

I know it's stressful to have your body not behave the way you expect,
but I would try to relax. Just from hanging around mkp a while it's
clear that even women with very regular cycles every once in a while
have a "blip" for no apparent reason. Your risk of uterine cancer at
your age and with no family history is very low (and excess bleeding
would be more likely than none). Fibroids and cysts are exceedingly
unlikely to cause problems unless you neglect them for a long time.
There's a very good chance there's nothing wrong at all, and you're
just having some random variation that caused you to skip. Even if
there is a problem you're pretty safe waiting for a bit before going
aggro with the testing.

Good luck -- keep us updated!

Kate
and the Bug, almost 1 year!