"new" morning sickness cure

Old May 26th 04, 11:16 PM
A&G&K

Default "new" morning sickness cure

A new study (Smith C et al. A randomized controlled trial of ginger to treat
nausea and vomiting in pregnancy. Obstet Gynecol 2004;103:639-45) has
apparently discovered that ... wait for it .... *ginger* works as well as B6
for morning sickness.
..... all I can say is that ginger *didn't* work that well for me.
The news article about the story is he
http://tinyurl.com/3apzr

Amanda

--
DD 15th August 2002
1 tiny angel Nov 2003

Old May 27th 04, 05:04 AM
Alissa

"A&G&K" wrote in message
A new study (Smith C et al. A randomized controlled trial of ginger to

treat
nausea and vomiting in pregnancy. Obstet Gynecol 2004;103:639-45) has
apparently discovered that ... wait for it .... *ginger* works as well as

B6
for morning sickness.
.... all I can say is that ginger *didn't* work that well for me.
The news article about the story is he
http://tinyurl.com/3apzr

Amanda

--
DD 15th August 2002
1 tiny angel Nov 2003
EDD 19th August 2004

me either, I ate ginger cookies, drank ginger beer, ate raw ginger...I

didn't try b6 though...
Alissa

Old May 27th 04, 02:42 PM
Welches

A&G&K wrote in message
A new study (Smith C et al. A randomized controlled trial of ginger to

treat
nausea and vomiting in pregnancy. Obstet Gynecol 2004;103:639-45) has
apparently discovered that ... wait for it .... *ginger* works as well as

B6
for morning sickness.
.... all I can say is that ginger *didn't* work that well for me.
The news article about the story is he
http://tinyurl.com/3apzr

Ginger only worked for a couple of days for me. Put me off ginger for the
rest of pregnancy though.
Didn't try B6, I tried to buy some but the pharmacy refused to sell it as
it's unlicensed for pregnant women here.
Debbie

Old May 27th 04, 02:43 PM
melizabeth

Ginger didn't work for me either

--
M~Elizabeth

To thine own self be true

Old May 27th 04, 04:11 PM
Jane Thorpe

ginger worked for a couple of days for me but only if I ate it constantly
My hubby worries about me so has been traipsing around health stores
asking for cures I keep telling him it will pass lol! So far he has
been told that magnesium can work so I now take a calcium/ magnesium
supplement daily. Also there is a homeopathic remedy called nix vomica or
naux vomica or something that is supposed to help and is safe for pregnancy.

someone else told me to try sour candy! And I also sip cups of Second Cups
cranberry drink mix which REALLY helps. Apart from that I find eating SMALL
amounts regularly helps.

With my 2nd pregnancy I was still being sick at 22 weeks so was referred for
accupuncture.

Bws
Jane

Old May 29th 04, 02:22 AM
A&G&K

"Jane Thorpe" wrote in message
[...]

I found that nibbling a little bit of cheese (cheddar) or some dried
apricots helped to knock the nauseous feeling on the head for a while.
When actually vomiting though, I discovered that I could "talk" myself into
stopping the heaves. ...I only ever threw-up about 2-3 times a week (for
about 16 weeks with DD and about14-15 weeks this time) but I did always feel
a lot better immediately afterwards.
I tried chiropractic treatments and the sea-sickness bands and ginger and B6
and nothing really worked that well.

Throwing for 22 weeks is a little much though ...

Amanda

--
DD 15th August 2002
1 tiny angel Nov 2003

Old May 29th 04, 02:51 AM
Donna Metler

"A&G&K" wrote in message

[...]

I'm not really throwing up much at all with this one-but I'm queasy almost
all the time. I'm on B6, but I'm not sure I didn't prefer the occasional
attack of sudden nausea vs this constant queasiness.

9 weeks done so far, so surely this stage can't last TOO much longer,
right??

--
DD 15th August 2002
1 tiny angel Nov 2003