Another OT IUD question

Old May 22nd 04, 07:53 PM
Naomi Pardue

Default Another OT IUD question

So, I had the thing put in 10 days ago. I'm still bleeding (ranging from what
I'd call heavy spotting to moderately heavy period-type bleeding.), and some
intermittent cramping. The gyn said I could expect to spot for a few days.
(And the Mirena brochure said I could spot for a few months ...)

How long did you all bleed afterwards? The thing is, I've been having bleeding
problems anyway (and she said it would probably be a few months before the IUD
corrected that), so it's hard to know if this is from the insertion, or just
the same old stuff. (Though [sorry if it's TMI....], the type of bleeding I'm
having seems different from my usual spotting -- both heavier and clottier.

Naomi
Old May 23rd 04, 02:20 AM
Jennifer and Robert Howe

when I had mine put in I bleed for about 3 weeks then it went away but I
still spotted. then I didn't have a period for 3 months and just went
through a spot of where I had it for 2 weeks. I hope things are better for
you then they are for me, I'm having mine taken out on the 8th because I
just can't stand it anymore. I've had mine since the end of September.

Jennifer
Ariana 8/17/03
Home.earthlink.net/~soalus

Old May 23rd 04, 02:54 AM
Karen Ray-Stewart

I've never heard of this happening, I have an IUD now and had one between
having my first and second baby. I have a bit of implantation bleeding, but
not for weeks, maybe a few days. I spotted for about 2 weeks, but nothing
much. I would go back to the doctor, or at least call the office and let
them know that you are bleeding and clotting as much as you are.... they may
say this is alright, but I would check with them first. Before it goes on
to long.
I have had my IUD for 4 years and had no trouble for it... mind you I am
happy that hubby will be going for his big V soon, and I can get rid of this
IUD. ( I know we have to make sure he gets checked before I get it out, to
make sure the llittle soldiers are at rest !!). I love it because it
gives us freedom to just have sex, not have to worry about grabbing the last
condom out of the box or having it break. Although my neigbour got
pregnant with hers in, and was a high risk, bed rest pregnancy, her daughter
is now 11 and no health problems with her that I know of.
Karen

Old May 23rd 04, 05:37 AM
She's A Goddess

"Naomi Pardue" wrote in message
So, I had the thing put in 10 days ago. I'm still bleeding (ranging from

what
I'd call heavy spotting to moderately heavy period-type bleeding.), and

some
intermittent cramping. The gyn said I could expect to spot for a few

days.
(And the Mirena brochure said I could spot for a few months ...)

How long did you all bleed afterwards?

Um, yeah. Three months plus a few days after insertion here. I bled
heavily for three days, stopped for two, bled heavily for two, spotted
heavily for six weeks, stopped for ten, bled lightly for three days, spotted
heavily for 25 days and have now stopped again for three days. Its been a
royal pain to say the least.

--
Rhiannon
Mom to M. Girl (2 1/2 years) and O. Boy (11 months)

Old May 27th 04, 10:04 PM
Jenrose

[...]

I think I bled on and off for a while afterward, maybe 2-3 weeks? Don't
remember exactly. It took 6 months for my body to settle into a pattern, of
2 weeks of trivially light spotting followed by 2 weeks of nothing.
Honestly, I didn't mind at all because there was *no* pain. I think I used 3
pads ever after things settled down. I had very little cramping from very
shortly after the thing went in.

BTW...when I decided I wanted it out, I just grabbed the string and pulled
very slowly. Came right out, no complications, no problems, no pain
whatsoever.

Jenrose

Kids should work... bobb General 108 December 15th 03 04:23 PM
| | Kids should work... Kane General 13 December 10th 03 03:30 AM
Kids should work. LaVonne Carlson General 22 December 7th 03 05:27 AM
And again he strikes........ Doan strikes ...... again! was Kids should work... Kane General 2 December 6th 03 04:28 AM
Intro, and Toddler/Daycare Question Betty Woolf General 4 December 3rd 03 04:25 PM