Is Mental Illness Genetic???

Old May 27th 04, 10:40 AM
Jacqui

Default Is Mental Illness Genetic???

Andrea wibbled
Jacqui wrote

I might be NT but my husband, father-in-law, brother-in-law and
possibly my son aren't. It strikes me that despite your
experiences you know bugger all about most things, Andrea. You
persist in jumping to conclusions without reading carefully, you
spread malicious accusations and give incorrect information
without doing any research. And if you think that all
neurological issues are the same thing and that AS is a mental
illness you clearly know bugger all about your own condition.

Ok where in my post did I actually say apergers was a mental
illness?

Why mention it at all in response to the OP? It's so wildly off from
what she asked that you might as well have mentioned sickle cell
anaemia or red hair, both of which are inheritable. Mentioning it in
response to a question specifically about mental illness suggests
extremely strongly that you class it as such. I am definitely not the
only person to read your post that way.

I do not spread malicious (A bit strong wasn't it?)
accustaions either.

So did you or did you not post supporting the accusation that Linz was
a man, when her stalker was active? Despite the fact that she has been
posting in MKP since 1999 at least?

This is NG! people share what they know, you
do get people who research their answers, but I believe life
experience is far better than some study that was done.

So advising new mothers to feed formula as well as breastmilk is a
better idea than any research-supported evidence to the contrary?
********.

If people
wanted answers based on reasearch they can use a search engine.
Believe me I know more about it than you ever will - I have
lived with it
all my life. Just watching someone with it is not the same as
being aspergers trust me.

1. You haven't known you were AS all your life. Almost no one over the
age of twenty has.
2. Most AS people are blithely unaware of some aspects of how they come
across to others. It's part of the diagnosis, FFS.
3. I elided when I said I might be NT. I'm not, but I'm not AS either.
I haven't spent the last 14 years or so reading very widely in the area
and building quite a base of knowledge on matters neurological for
nothing. When it affects you you do your research. And you don't go
around shrieking about it without appearing to know what you're talking
about. Or do you?

Jac
Old May 27th 04, 11:39 AM
Daye

On Wed, 26 May 2004 17:03:23 +0800, "Kelly Hassett"
wrote:

Just wanting to know If mental illness is genetic? The father of my unborn
baby, i have just found out he has severe mental problems. I dont know
exactly what his condition is but it is very likely to be like multiple
personalities. Can this be passed on to my baby?

Some are. My paternal grandmother had schizophrenia (she has passed
now), and that can be passed down. I had genetic counseling for
spinal bifida, and I asked about my grandmother. I was told so long
as I don't have it, the chances my child would get it lessens
significantly. My dad doesn't have it, and I don't have it. So the
risk to my children is small.

I have no idea about MPD. I would get genetic counseling. They would
be able to give you a better answer.

--
Daye
Momma to Jayan and Leopold

Old May 27th 04, 01:18 PM
Jacqui

Andrea wibbled

Welcome to killfile )

Plonked by a top-post. I'm impressed.

Jac
Old May 27th 04, 05:40 PM
Iuil

"Andrea" wrote
Welcome to killfile )

What has Jacqui said that is untrue or otherwise a reason to killfile her?

You *do* persist in jumping to conclusions without reading carefully, you
*did* spread incorrect and malicious accusations about a regular poster here
(and on another ng at that!) and you frequently give incorrect information
without any basis in fact other than your own experience which, despite your
having 5 children, is actually limited in the grand scale of things.

She only got in before I did.

Jean