hot all the time!

Old December 18th 03, 07:35 AM
Liquid

Default hot all the time!

I thought I was hot before I had this baby, but for the last couple of
months it is all I can do to keep from sweating up a storm. Is this a
normal part of postnatal hormones or what? I am breastfeeding my 4.5
month old, he feeds every 1-3 hours. I find I can walk around outside
with only a t-shirt when everyone else is in coats and scarves. Wierd!
Has anyone else had this experience? When did it even out for you?

Alicia

Old December 18th 03, 07:49 AM
CY

Hmm, I never connected the two but I have been hot since DD was born too.
She's now 22 months. I'm still hot! Of course, I do live in sunny AZ!

Old December 18th 03, 05:01 PM
Dawn Lawson

Liquid wrote:

I thought I was hot before I had this baby, but for the last couple of
months it is all I can do to keep from sweating up a storm. Is this a
normal part of postnatal hormones or what? I am breastfeeding my 4.5
month old, he feeds every 1-3 hours. I find I can walk around outside
with only a t-shirt when everyone else is in coats and scarves. Wierd!
Has anyone else had this experience? When did it even out for you?

I'm definately less affected by temperature than I was pre preg.
Some of it does level off.
(The other thing I notice is less sensitivity to sun...as in, more tan,
less burn than before. (yes I use sunscreen))

Old December 18th 03, 05:06 PM
Leslie

Actually, I have found that as soon as I give birth I am immediately cold
again. The whole time I am pregnant I don't need to wear a coat or have covers
no matter how cold the winter, then in the hospital I am back to my old
cold-natured self.

Leslie
Old December 18th 03, 10:41 PM
Em

"Liquid" wrote in message
I thought I was hot before I had this baby, but for the last couple of
months it is all I can do to keep from sweating up a storm. Is this a
normal part of postnatal hormones or what? I am breastfeeding my 4.5
month old, he feeds every 1-3 hours. I find I can walk around outside
with only a t-shirt when everyone else is in coats and scarves. Wierd!
Has anyone else had this experience? When did it even out for you?

I have a 3 month old and though I'm not hot-feeling all the time, I have
like hot flashes sort of and like I "run hotter" now in general. I also
sleep much hotter than I did pre-baby and sweat a lot more.

He is my first baby, so I don't know when it will even out. But, my mom told
me before that having me (her first of four) permanently broke her
"thermostat." On a side note, I also broke her sleep habits and she has
never been able to sleep through the night herself since I was born!

--
Em
mama to L-baby, 12.5 weeks