The Abraham Cherrix cancer story the media won't print: Harry Hoxsey's cancer cures and the US government campaign to destroy them

Old August 6th 06, 07:08 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,talk.politics.medicine,misc.kids.health,alt.support.child-protective-services
Peter Moran

Default The Abraham Cherrix cancer story the media won't print: Harry Hoxsey's cancer cures and the US government campaign to destroy them

"Jan Drew" wrote in message
m...

"Peter Moran" wrote in message
u...

"Vernon" there@atthere wrote in message
m...

"Peter Moran" wrote in message
u...
What use is freedom of choice when it is based upon lies? I think
hardly anyone wants this lad to be forced to have treatment he doesn't
want. They would like him not to be lied to by frauds and ignorant
people.

Peter Moran

You mean the typical medical professional?

I challenge you too, Vernon, to find any evidence that the Hoxsey
treatment works. I also challenge you to look at the clear evidence
showing it doesn't work.

Peter Moran

YOU were in the same thread--when the clear evidence was posted.

Evidently you chose not to watch it.

Alternative Cancer Protocols updated

http://opposingdigits.com/vlog/?p=106

What clear evidence?

Old August 6th 06, 07:25 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,talk.politics.medicine,misc.kids.health,alt.support.child-protective-services
Jan Drew

"Jan Drew" wrote in message
[...]

Read it and see. Mr. *organized medicine liar*.

Old August 6th 06, 09:04 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,talk.politics.medicine,misc.kids.health,alt.support.child-protective-services
Peter Moran

"Jan Drew" wrote in message
[...]

Jan, repeatedly calling someone a liar is no way to advance debate.
Cannot you state simply what kind of evidence you are directing me to and
what makes it stronger than the evidence I have presented against Hoxsey on
my web site? I have found in the past that what you regard as evidence is
simply "alternative" promotional material, and not evidence at all..

Peter Moran

www.cancerwatcher.com

Old August 6th 06, 09:10 AM posted to misc.health.alternative,talk.politics.medicine,misc.kids.health,alt.support.child-protective-services
vakker

"vakker" wrote in message news:Cv9Bg.321512$Mn5.162461@pd7tw3no...

"Peter Moran" wrote in message u...

"Vernon" there@atthere wrote in message
m...

"Peter Moran" wrote in message
u...
What use is freedom of choice when it is based upon lies? I think
hardly anyone wants this lad to be forced to have treatment he doesn't
want. They would like him not to be lied to by frauds and ignorant
people.

Peter Moran

You mean the typical medical professional?

I challenge you too, Vernon, to find any evidence that the Hoxsey treatment
works. I also challenge you to look at the clear evidence showing it
doesn't work.

Peter Moran

vakker~Hey Pete....if you think Vernon should get off his ass to find evidence that the Hoxsey treatments work don't you think oncologists such as yourself should get off your own asses to find out how it is that supposedly terminal cancer patients were cured when they later show up in your, or some other oncologist's office in robust good health when according to yourselves they were supposed to be dead long ago???

PM~Genuine cases like that are far too rare to sustain the claims that are being made for alternative treatments. Cancer is predictable, but not 100% predictable. That is why such isoloated cases are never wholly convincing. If we were seeing cases like that more reguarly we might think again.

vakker~But you yourself say that cures have to be proved to you by the claimant(s) and when they are you then say the evidence is doctored or that it was just a rare case of "spontaneous remission" (or chemo or radiation kicking in later) and therefore you wouldn't so much as lift your finger to pick up a phone to learn more about the treatment somebody claims cured them or who else was cured by it. You say they have to prove it to you but how when all you will countenance are studies and reports by conventional meds and big pharma????

Apparently you said you wouldn't so much as lift a finger to find out how it is they got well(it wasn't your job to look for evidence you said) yet here you are asking Vernon to do what you never will and even when good evidence is presented to you (by awthruster as in the Revici case he spoke about) you only deny it.

You should also look at the clear evidence showing chemo and radiation don't work very well at all and can be really debilitating and destructive to a human body. Hey.....how about it good buddy? What's good for the goose is good for the gander too.........or is it????

PM I am a doctor and know full well what these can do for (or against) the human body and where they are curative and where they are not.

PM I also been looking at everything that alternative medicine can produce for over ten years. I have listened to all the testimonials. I have looked at all the published evidence, and there is a great deal of that. If you have anything extra to show me, please do so. I am always willing to have my opinions challenged.

vakker~ and you still maintain that nobody at all was cured by ANY alternative treatment AT ALL????? Not a SINGLE one???? Don't you have just one???? How hard are you looking anyways when you claim all those cured by alternative medicine were just imagining it or didn't really have cancer to begin with????

Peter Moran

www.cancerwatcher.com
Old August 6th 06, 03:51 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,talk.politics.medicine,misc.kids.health,alt.support.child-protective-services
vernon

"Peter Moran" wrote in message

"Vernon" there@atthere wrote in message
m...

"Peter Moran" wrote in message
u...

"Vernon" there@atthere wrote in message
m...

"Peter Moran" wrote in message
u...
What use is freedom of choice when it is based upon lies? I think
hardly anyone wants this lad to be forced to have treatment he doesn't
want. They would like him not to be lied to by frauds and ignorant
people.

Peter Moran

You mean the typical medical professional?

I challenge you too, Vernon, to find any evidence that the Hoxsey
treatment works. I also challenge you to look at the clear evidence
showing it doesn't work.

Peter Moran

I never took a side on the Hoxsey.

I just said, "You mean the typical medical professional?"

lies? I think hardly anyone wants this lad to be forced to have treatment
he doesn't want. They would like him not to be lied to by frauds and
ignorant people."

Note: "They would like him not to be lied to by frauds and ignorant
people" is all too common in the medical field.

I think the difference is that doctors who lie and cheat get shamed and
run out of town. The villains of alternative medicine get defended with
fatuous arguments about freedom of choice..

The only difference between the two is Doctors have highly protective
organization within the state governments.
Inside the medical feild there is this, "He has a right to his opinion",
supported by the governments. They can be proven wrong, over and over, but
until the state government says "bad boy or bad girl" NOTHING is done.

Peter Moran

Old August 6th 06, 04:42 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,talk.politics.medicine,misc.kids.health,alt.support.child-protective-services
[email protected]

After nearly *80 years* of operation why is there not 1 statatistically
valid peer reviewed document showing that Hoxsel's treatment worked?
If this cure really worked 80% of the time as they claim, this should
be easy to prove with just a few year of study.

Why did Hoxsel turn to chemo for his prostate cancer when his remedy
didn't work?

Why won't they allow for a simple review of the treatment records to
prove their treatment worked?

Eric

Old August 6th 06, 05:07 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,talk.politics.medicine,misc.kids.health,alt.support.child-protective-services
Ilena Rose

Note from Ilena Rosenthal: "None are so blind as oncologists who are
closeminded about treatments other than their own."

EXCERPT:
Cherrix said his oncologist refused to monitor his condition while
taking the treatment

Battling cancer
At home and in court
BY SHAUN BISHOP
TIMES-DISPATCH STAFF WRITER
Sunday, August 6, 2006

Starchild Abraham Cherrix, 16, says a blessing over the vegetable
dinner that is part of the Hoxsey treatment he is using to fight
Hodgkin's disease. (ALEXA WELCH EDLUND/TIMES-DISPATCH)
A year ago, Starchild Abraham Cherrix was diagnosed with cancer.
Debilitating chemotherapy treatments failed to eradicate the disease,
and now he's fighting for the right to choose his next step.
CHINCOTEAGUE Starchild Abraham Cherrix, 16, is used to eating a lot of
vegetables, but this one tasted worse than most.

He cringed as he ate a white piece of squash and gave his mother,
Rose, a grimace.

RELATED
SLIDESHOW

THE HOXSEY TREATMENT

Cherrix's Diet

Cherrix case breaks ground

Kaine says politicians don't have a role in such cases as Cherrix's

Judge lifts orders in teen's case

McDonnell supports sick teen's request

Teen loses bid to pick treatment

She shot him a skeptical look, then dug in the veggie-filled
refrigerator on which a magnet reads "Never, never, never give up."

Soon, the juicer filled the kitchen with a roar and out came a puree
of fresh carrots and celery, which Cherrix quickly gulped down. Much
better.

The food is part of his treatment for Hodgkin's disease, a combination
of diet and herbal supplements overseen by the Bio-Medical Clinic in
Tijuana, Mexico.

Last week, he took a break from another struggle, one waged in court
with the Accomack County Department of Social Services. It believes he
should undergo conventional cancer treatment instead.

"It's nice to finally relax without being tensed up all the time, or
even having to talk about your situation," Cherrix said.

An Accomack circuit judge ordered a new trial for Aug. 16 to decide
whether Cherrix can choose his treatment. The judge threw out a
juvenile-court ruling that ordered Cherrix to show up for conventional
treatment at Children's Hospital of the Kings Daughters in Norfolk.

Local and national media have descended on the family's white,
two-story house, which sits next to the bright-yellow, family-run
kayak shop on a quiet inlet of the Chesapeake Bay.

When the TV show "Nightline" wanted to basically live with the family
for an in-depth story, Cherrix's father respectfully declined -- to
prevent disruption in the family's life.

"I needed some rest, and I knew Abraham did," said his father, Jay,
61. "Really, the important thing is that he gets better."

But Jay Cherrix also feels the media has helped expose how the family
was being treated by officials.

"I think it's a story that will help a lot of people," he said.

.. . .

One recent day, during a lull between two kayak trips he leads at
sunset and dusk, Jay Cherrix stretched out on a lawn chair in the shop
amid blue and yellow life jackets and kayak paddles. Daughters Lilly,
14, and Bethlehem, 11, quietly watched a western on TV at the check-in
counter.

A mile away, at their other kayak shop, Rose Cherrix, 47, tended to a
few customers and watched the family's other two children, Ezekiel, 7,
and Gabriel, 9.

At home in his tidy upstairs bedroom, Abraham talked about his
academic interests, ranging from astronomy to American Indian culture.
His bookcase is packed with an encyclopedia, novels and books on
religion.

He likes classic comedy ("Bob Hope makes me laugh like crazy") and
science-fiction movies, especially "Star Wars."

He continues to pursue his other interests -- sketching, kayaking,
coin-collecting.

Cherrix, who is home-schooled with his siblings, prays before each
meal. "Without God, nothing is possible," said his mother.

Recently, he said, he has been laying low, "enjoying myself, relaxing
and concentrating on getting better."

Cherrix has said he has felt great since he started the Hoxsey
treatment. He said he never wants to go through chemotherapy again
because it made him so weak that he had to be carried into the house
after treatments.

But he also said the Mexican clinic sometimes uses very low-dose
chemotherapy, so he wouldn't rule out its use.

He discovered he had cancer about a year ago, he said, and found out
in February that the chemotherapy had not eradicated it. His mother
favors herbal remedies, and Cherrix began to research other options on
the Internet.

After reading an article on the Hoxsey treatment in Venture Inward
magazine, he contacted the author, Alan Chips, who says the treatment
cured his own Hodgkin's lymphoma.

Cherrix said he settled on the Hoxsey treatment after talking to other
patients who said it cured their cancer.

Cherrix said his oncologist refused to monitor his condition while
taking the treatment. A spokeswoman at the Norfolk hospital declined
to comment, citing federal privacy guidelines.

It would have been much easier to send Abraham back for chemotherapy,
Jay Cherrix said.

"I put him through the wringer on it because I wanted to see how
serious he was," he said of his son's decision.

"But if you really love somebody and you really, really try to be a
good parent, then you're going to try to do whatever is necessary to
find the best chance."

Cherrix and his father say the kindness and hospitality of the doctors
in Mexico, plus the urging from other patients, persuaded them to
stick with Hoxsey.

"It's an incredibly beautiful atmosphere," his mother said of the
clinic. "They hug you, they tell you their story."

Cherrix's father estimates the treatment has cost more than $3,000 so
far, not including travel and additional supplements bought on the
side. Plus, when they are away, the family kayak business sits idle.

The American Cancer Society says there is no evidence that Hoxsey is
effective in treating cancer. This doesn't bother Cherrix.

"It's understandable that some people would doubt this, but for Pete's
sake, you can at least say to them, 'Go and do some research, go and
do some studying on this' . . . like I did," he said.

On a trip to the clinic three weeks ago, tests found that the cancer
had not grown or receded, Jay Cherrix said.

But doctors said they were encouraged by high white and red blood cell
counts that showed the Hoxsey was working, he said. Another visit is
planned for next month.

http://www.timesdispatch.com/servlet...04 5855934842

~~~~~

www.BreastImplantAwareness.org/blog.htm#Abraham
Old August 6th 06, 05:12 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,talk.politics.medicine,misc.kids.health,alt.support.child-protective-services
Mark Probert

Peter Moran wrote:
What use is freedom of choice when it is based upon lies? I think hardly
anyone wants this lad to be forced to have treatment he doesn't want. They
would like him not to be lied to by frauds and ignorant people.

Lying to him steals his freedom of choice.
Old August 6th 06, 05:43 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,talk.politics.medicine,misc.kids.health,alt.support.child-protective-services
Ilena Rose

Healthfraud Peter Moran calls these "unpleasant side effects":

Late Effects from Childhood/Adolescent Hodgkin’s Lymphoma Therapy

http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/p...odgkins/health...

Children and adolescent survivors of Hodgkin’s lymphoma are at risk
for numerous late complications of treatment. Alkylating agents and
etoposide have been associated with acute myeloid leukemia (AML) and
myelodysplastic syndromes. Doxorubicin can lead to cardiomyopathy and
bleomycin can cause pulmonary fibrosis. Steroid use can produce
avascular necrosis. Radiation therapy can lead to thyroid dysfunction,
most commonly compensated hypothyroidism, increased risk for
myocardial atherosclerotic heart disease, and is associated with solid
tumor development in radiation fields. The therapy for pediatric
Hodgkin’s lymphoma has changed dramatically over the past 20 years.
High-dose radiation therapy is no longer utilized and current
chemotherapy regimens utilize lower doses of alkylating agents. Hybrid
regimens allow for lower doses of anthracycline and bleomycin as well.
Thus, much of the late effects literature is probably no longer
relevant. (Refer to the PDQ Late Effects of Treatment for Childhood
Cancer 4 summary for a full discussion of the late effects of cancer
treatment in children and adolescents.)

Male Gonadal Toxicity
Male gonadal toxicity is a complex issue in Hodgkin’s lymphoma.
Gonadal toxicity may manifest as infertility; lack of sexual
development; small, atrophic testicles; and sexual dysfunction.
Infertility caused by azoospermia is the most common manifestation of
gonadal toxicity. Some pubertal male patients will have impaired
spermatogenesis before they begin therapy.[1,2] The prepubertal
testicle is likely equally or slightly less sensitive to chemotherapy
compared with the pubertal testicle. Chemotherapy regimens that
include no alkylating agents such as ABVD (doxorubicin [Adriamycin],
bleomycin, vinblastine, dacarbazine), DBVE (doxorubicin, bleomycin,
vincristine, etoposide), OEPA (vincristine [Oncovin], etoposide,
prednisone, doxorubicin [Adriamycin]), or VAMP (vincristine,
doxorubicin [Adriamycin], methotrexate, prednisone) are not associated
with male infertility. Until recently, most male patients received
chemotherapy regimens that included alkylating agents. Many regimens
included more than one alkylating agent, usually procarbazine in
conjunction with either cyclophosphamide (i.e., COPP
[cyclophosphamide, vincristine (Oncovin), prednisone, procarbazine]),
chlorambucil, or nitrogen mustard (MOPP).

The German Pediatric Oncology and Hematology Group Hodgkin’s Study
(GPOH-95) utilized OEPA for 2 cycles for all males.[3] Males with
advanced-stage disease received an additional 2 or 4 cycles of COPP
(each cycle, 1,500 mg/m2 of procarbazine and 1,000 mg/m2 of
cyclophosphamide). Males receiving only 2 cycles of OEPA had normal
basal levels of follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH) and luteinizing
hormone (LH), and only rare patients had elevated levels following
gonadotropin-releasing hormone (GnRH) stimulation. Basal levels of
FSH, however, were elevated in 27.5% and 36.4% in patients receiving 2
and 4 COPP cycles, respectively. Stimulated FSH levels were abnormal
in 83.3% and 66.7% of patients receiving 2 and 4 COPP cycles,
respectively. Semen analysis was not performed in this study. Four
cycles of COPP/ABV as given in the recently completed Children’s
Cancer Group (CCG) study have a higher alkylator dose compared with 2
cycles of COPP as given in the German trial (CCG: cyclophosphamide
2,400 mg/m2 and procarbazine 4,200 mg/m2 versus GPOH: cyclophosphamide
2,000 mg/m2 and procarbazine 3,000 mg/m2). In a small study of 11 male
patients with Hodgkin's lymphoma who received COPP/ABV chemotherapy (4
to 6 cycles), 9 patients were azoospermic. One of the patients who was
normospermatic received only a 400 mg/m2 cumulative procarbazine dose
because of an allergic reaction.[4] The concern for male fertility is
also being addressed in the German GPOH 2003 trial by replacing
procarbazine with dacarbazine (COPDIC).[5]

A regimen used by the former Pediatric Oncology Group (POG) included
cyclophosphamide but no procarbazine (ABVE-PC). In this regimen,
cyclophosphamide was given at 800 mg/m2/course for 3 to 5 cycles. A
few studies have evaluated male fertility following
cyclophosphamide-containing regimens given to children and young
adults with sarcomas and other cancers.[6-8] The studies have
suggested that the incidence of sterility will be low if the
cyclophosphamide dose is less than 4.0 g/m2. The level of inhibin B in
blood seems to be inversely correlated with FSH levels.[9] Some
patients with normal FSH levels may have azoospermia on semen
analysis.

Old August 6th 06, 08:51 PM posted to misc.health.alternative,talk.politics.medicine,misc.kids.health,alt.support.child-protective-services
Peter Moran

[...]

Give me one example. Also explain how that would excuse any other villain
selling useless treatments to seriously ill people.

Peter Moran

Peter Moran